Author Topic: [Card Design Challenge] - United [Challenge over]  (Read 4835 times)

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
Re: [Card Design Challenge] - United
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 03:19:29 AM »
Nishant, Champion Of Resurrection
OS/OS/GI
Cost: 5/15
Stats: 6/6
Unique Character - Angel
Champion, Flying
Whenever Nishant, Champion Of Resurrection raises an Angel Character you gain 3 morale.
Pay 1: You may raise any Character card from your Graveyard by paying its cost.
This Ability can only be activated while Nishant, Champion Of Resurrection is deployed.
Pay 4, Exhaust: If Nishant would die this turn instead he moves to the support zone.

"They believed the virus should be destroyed, that Genesis was making a mistake..."
"They were wrong."

Basically an Angel who went behind Sol's back and helped Aletas Searcher & Sufferer, obtaining the modified virus that was developed, allowing them to bring people back from the dead without turning them into mindless bloodthirsty zombies.

Can combo pretty decently with the Luccas and coyle assimilator (or other on deploy characters) and would allow you to re-use artificial characters for constructing, also makes using angels as fodder less morale costly.
You could use his second ability every other turn to keep him 'invincible' however you're really limiting your other options, plus it doesn't stop players from dealing with him in the same way you would a paladin.

Still playing around with the details.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:20:01 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline Conquest

• Out with the old,in with the new. Long live Solace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 03:52:51 AM »
Leone, Savior of Avarrach
1 OoS+1 SoA
Cost: 11
Morale: 15
Unique Character - Angel Undead
13/11
Flying

When Leone is deployed, ALL cards that have been removed from the game are brought to your support zone. When Leone dies, all friendly characters with the undead subtype are moved to your grave (moved, not killed), and all other characters are sent to their support zones.

"Leone never excelled at conforming to the masses, especially one Aberion forced him to assimilate into; so when the time came to be a lion among a flock of sheep, Leone snatched the opportunity. Feeling sympathetic towards the Immortal Sufferer, Leone and his followers sought to reunite Aleta with her late civilization. They embraced the virus, hid from Sol's purges of the infected, and slipped through the rift to Avarrach."

..."None heard news of their failures; none saw the hordes Leone failed to turn back; none saw the slow and painful corruption of these angels; that is, until the rifts the Overseers guarded so intently fell once again to Avarrach."

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:05:11 PM by Conquest »
THE VIRUS RISES ONCE MORE!

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 12:38:33 PM »
First entry moved to future card suggestions (since it didn't fullfill all requirements for the challenge).

Here is the new one:

Conscripted Packleader
Purity: 1FD/1WP
Cost: 3
Morale: 8
Type: Character - Beast
Stats: 9/6

Charge

As long as Conscripted Packleader is in the assault zone, adjactent characters gain +2/+0. If the adjectant character is a beast, they get +3/+0 instead.

When the Flame Dawn occupies new land, they force its inhabitants into their army. Who said the untamed world would have been an exception?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:45:03 PM by ToxicShadow »

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 01:05:31 PM »
Oh, i notice a trend towards OoS hybrid cards for this challenge (well...two in a row). I guess I'll join in on that tendency :).

The Great Conflict
Purity: 1OoS/1Exiles
Cost: 2
Type: Unique Mission
Rarity: Epic

If you don't control at least 1 Demon and 1 Angel at the end of your turn, sacrifice The Great Conflict.

Pay 3: Target demon you control gains consume 2 and kills target angel you control.

Pay 2: Target angel you control gains +2/+2 and flying and kills target demon you control.

"The war between angels and demons never stops. Not even when the sleepers endangered angels and demons alike they would stop fighting. However, the war might be costly, but it offers an opportunity for unexperienced angels to earn their wings....and for demons to gain a taste for angel flesh."

---

Basicly, there is no alliance between demons and angels. If a common foe arises, they start a kind of a three way war. That means additional losses due to infighting between demons and angels, but offers them the possibility to send more experienced troops to the front.

Cool idea, but the card must be a character for this challenge.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 02:42:48 PM »
Aww, damn :'(. I really liked that idea, especially because it was not a character (challenge entries tend to be a bit character heavy from what i have observed so far). Of course, bringing a mission in a challenge that demands a character is bad timing (and sloppy reading of the actual challenge). Removing my entry until I have a worthwhile idea for a character.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 02:55:38 AM »
Aww, damn :'(. I really liked that idea, especially because it was not a character (challenge entries tend to be a bit character heavy from what i have observed so far). Of course, bringing a mission in a challenge that demands a character is bad timing (and sloppy reading of the actual challenge). Removing my entry until I have a worthwhile idea for a character.

make a crazy demon empress that makes angels and demons gladiator fight... or something

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 02:17:30 PM »
I considered doing that, but actually i like this effect much better when it isn't bound to a character (althought the gladiator idea would have been a much better fit than what i considered). So I think i ll make a completly new character instead. There is plenty of time for that left, after all.

Offline warnfried2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 08:02:15 PM »
Is it one card per person?
Anyway, my idea:

Angel of Command
OS/CoV
Cost: 3/6
Stats: 6/8
Character - Angel
Pay 2: Move all Characters from your Support Zone to either the Assult Zone or the Defense Zone.

Picture: an Angel that uses the WoC Spell from Verore.
All Characters are moved to the same Zone, in the same Order they are in in the Support Zone. The Ability should be fine from command.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 06:31:31 AM »
Zul'Nash, Diplomatic Cultist Monk
Cost: 2
Morale: 5
Purity: 1p DoD / 1p CoV
Stats: 2 / 6
Type: Unique Character
Rarity: Uncommon

He was my brother once, but he chose the Exile. He's dead!

Pay 2, Exhaust: The first time your opponent loses morale this turn, all other characters you control gain +1/+1.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 05:47:06 PM »
Kretor, Self-proclaimed Champion of Madness

Purity Requirement: 1p OoS / 1p Exiles
Resource Cost: 7
Morale Cost: 7
Type: Character card
Supertype: Unique
Sub-type: Angel
Power / Health: 10 / 10

Keyword Abilities: Flying, Untouchable

Ability Text: When you deploy Kretor, target a Deployed character your opponent's control. Each turn, at the start of each combat, the chosen character has 50% of chance to be moved to your assault zone.   

Every turn after Kretor is Deployed, at the start of each combat, he has 50% of chance to be moved to your opponent's Assault Zone.

At the start of each turn after Kretor is Deployed, each player may pay 2 once. The player who do it gains 25% more chances to have Kretor by its side at the start of each combat.

Flavor: "Those touched by madness, cannot tell who is friend or foe."

Done!

Even angels who wanders the wastes becomes something else by the time they come out...

Left behind there, this angel have to leave his sanity behind too in order to survive!

Now, we have a character that claims to be a champion and isn't one!  ;D

Well, I love cards that use and abuse of the "luck factor", and I believe the game need more cards like that! After all, that's what Exiles are all about: CHAOS and MADNESS! X'D

Little notes:

- The effect of the card selected when Kretor is deployed and Kretor effect itself of being moved from zone activates at the start of combat, so, this happens after all abilities and effects have finished resolving;

- If both players pays 2, they have equal chances to have Kretor moved, if only one of them do it, this player has 75% of chance.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:42:38 PM by Klassick »

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 08:23:45 PM »
Had many fun ideas when thinking of a dual-purity character. As for my card for the challenge:

Fanatical zombie
1 SoA + 1 FD
cost 1
morale 4
Character - Undead
8/1
Charge

You can only deploy Fanatical zombie from the graveyard. At the end of turn if Fanatical zombie is in play, he dies.

"His body barely holding out in death and yet his fanatical zeal still keeps him going"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:27:04 PM by Number11 »

Offline Sylph

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 12:20:17 AM »
Caberia, Demonic Researcher
Purity Requirement: 1p CoV / 1p Exiles
Resource Cost: 4
Morale Cost: 5
Sub-type: Human
Power / Health: 4/ 5

Exile 3
Keyword Abilities:

Ability Text: When you deploy Caberia, Draw a card. If you paid the Exile cost, Caberia Gains the subtype demon and your opponent discards a card from their hand at the end of the turn.

Flavor: "Knowing what's best for you just isn't enough."

Offline Oeilduciel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 09:46:51 AM »
Azuria, angel of fury.
Purity: 2 Warpath and 1 Overseers of Solace
Cost: 25
Stats: 20 + X / 20 + X
Morale: 30
Unique Angel Beast

Ability: Flying

The cost of this character is reduced by 2 for each angel in all graveyards, but increase by 1 for each angel on all the battlefield.
The cost of this character is reduced by 2 for each beast on all the battlefield, but increase by 1 for each beast in all graveyards.

When deployed, the character gain X/X where X become equal to the combined power and health of every beasts in all the graveyards.

Overload:
Remove two beasts cards from the game: The character gain haste and unstoppable this turn.
Remove three angels cards from the game: The character gain untouchable for two turns.

Picture: An angel anthropomorphic wolf facing the angels of Solace. His fur is mostly gold with some white parts, he has azure eyes (hence his name) and two long tails. He is equiped with a medium armor and has a sword in each hand.

Flavor: "Betrayed and killed by the angels, reborn from ashes by the beasts. Belonging to both kind, he choose to betray the first to protect the second in the hope to redeem himself."

Lore of the character:
He was an exception among the angels of Solace: He was the sole angel to be an anthropomorphic animal as he came from the Untammed world. Unfortunatly he was the weakest angel of Solace and so he was constantly put aside by the others angels.
He was aware about the situation of his homeworld but couldn't do anything without Sol's agreement, which never came.
When Sol devastated the Untammed world, he felt betrayed and attacked Sol who killed him. Feeling some regret, Sol bury properly the corpse on the Untammed world as a last favor for the fallen angel.
Unexpectedly at this very moment many spirits of the beasts killed by Sol came and asked Azuria to help the survivors of their world - his world. At this end, they gave him their strength and he resurrected in a vastly stronger form.
Making his the wrath and the desire of vengeance of these spirits, he swore to protect his world and to eradicate every angel who'll cross his path. Perhaps can he make repentance to not have been here sooner.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:13:41 PM by Oeilduciel »

Offline mynci

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 11:46:06 AM »
Card Name: Military strategist.
Purity: 1p FD + 1p GI
resource Cost: 2
morale cost: 6
Power health: 4/5
Character: Human
ability: pay 3. Move target card you control to the assault zone. This ability can only be used once per turn.

Offline krisnata25

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2016, 07:25:14 PM »
Name: Savage Boar
Purity Requirement: 1p FD / 1p WP
Resource Cost: 4
Morale Cost: 6
Sub-type: Beast
Power / Health: 6/ 4

Keyword Abilities: Charge

Ability Text: Every time Savage Boar damage the opponent's fortress, it gains +1/+0. When savage boar is in the assault zone, it cannot take combat damage

Flavor: "Once it charge, it can never stop."

Lore:
In the exploration of the Untamed World, Aberion took a little piglet lost in the wood. Accustomed to Aberion's trait, it grew up into a savage boar. It attacks everything that it sees.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:34:43 PM by krisnata25 »