Author Topic: The Virus of Avarrach  (Read 1201 times)

Offline marshrover

• View Profile
The Virus of Avarrach
« on: June 03, 2016, 10:35:13 PM »
For anyone who doesn't know this card takes all the character cards in your opponent's deck and adds them to your support zone as undead along with their other subtypes, Its downside being its 14 resource cost. Is this card OP? I don't think so myself, since the resource drain causes a lot of resources to be used to increase resource points. If you had a lot of wealthy nobles it might work, but your opponent could still use fireball, lightning bolt or chain lightning. Also it can be turned around by an opponent using mass death with a death worshipper while you have all the cards on the battlefield. Various other damage sources could counter it too. It's fun against AI though. What do you think?

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Virus of Avarrach
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:19:05 PM »
Totally not OP , you will need to make your entire deck around this one in order for it to work, that's why it called thd "Virus" deck.
Also you might consider Virus+Calamity to remove the morale drain risk.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 06:47:14 PM »
id rahter use acolyte of altar instead of wealthy noble. the entire deck is just a setup for virus and it has many horrible matchups. so its not OP at all. aditionally as ES said, its recommended to virus off priority and calamity the turn after to deny morale drain combos (will/wrath).

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:59:39 PM »
Not op, but i generally dislike cards that are: "near impossible to play this card but when u do u win". They make games  not very dynamic.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 11:49:34 AM »
it is not near impossible to play. normally i pull it off every match. it is just a kind of deck that has really good and really bad matchups.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28