Author Topic: Player of the Year Nominees!  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Player of the Year Nominees!
« on: May 17, 2016, 02:31:28 PM »
In keeping with tradition I think we should vote for a players choice player of the year for 2015. In equal tradition the voting takes place super late.

Little late for this, but I think it would be a fun thing for the community to do to kind of honor each other. So I'm opening up Player of the Year nominations. These will be for the 2015 year.
I will give the thread about a week or so for nominations. Then start another thread with voting for the nominees after that which I will also give a week.

YOU CANNOT NOMINATE YOURSELF
also please note THIS IS FOR 2015!! So ignore the last few months.

Criteria: It's really a personal opinion about why you think someone deserves to be named Player of the Year, but some criteria you might consider would include
Playing Ability
Deck Building Ability
What they do for the community: This can include streaming, helping new players, helping with lore, anything that could potentially raise morale of the community.

Format: The format for nominating will be easy. Please just state who you are nominating (in bold would be preferred) and why you think they deserve to be named Player of the Year.

Only 1 nomination per user

Only 1 nomination of the same person please. Leave the bandwagoning for the actual voting :D

Nominees:
Drewuniverse (has removed himself from the voting but deserves to have his name mentioned)
BestSakuyaNA
ES
His excellency, the emperor Pupils, lord of flame and verbosity, long may he live!
Adorabear (aw shucks thx guyz  ::) )
Merlinix
Axeecutioner
Teremus
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:56:43 AM by Adorabear »
Goose got me loose!

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
Re: Player of the Year Nominees!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 02:36:37 PM »
No one has done more for the community than DrewUniverse.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »
Id like to nominate BestSakuyaNA. He had a constant presence with us on the council helping behind the scenes. He placed highly on the ranked leader boards. He provided many fun and chilled streams and was a big asset to the game and the community last year. He also was one of the people who contributed to the first team tournament IW has ever had. In my mind that was without a doubt the most exciting event IW had in 2015.
Goose got me loose!

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 03:08:19 PM »
id like to nominate ES. reason: he is the best player  8) he did more than 100 wins in rift, what had not been done a while before, he won the majority of tournaments he played in, he was all the way in top ten ranks with different decks. he did effort on community things and forum discussions as well, plus hes a great lad. vote ES.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 03:30:26 PM »
I'd like to nominate:

Pupils
Aberion

They both have kept the game alive in spirit even when times were hard. With their unconditional love for the game and constant presence, their contribution during the Infinity War dark ages has been an honor. The empire today would not be the same had it not been for the great endeavors of these two.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 04:30:56 PM »
My choice : DrewUniverse

Because i think IW would have died without his tournaments :)

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 04:41:34 PM »
I'd like all of you to follow me on a journey. It is late 2015. These are dark times in the multiverse, Harry. Merlinix was gathering an army of wizards... wait, that's not it. Ahem. These are dark times in the multiverse, Harry. The game had not received updates in months. The last communication we had received was Teremus leaving us. There is stagnation and despair as the game begins to swirl down the drain...

Who was the force of optimism, the force of good and cheer that kept up our hopes? Who was it who soldiered on regardless of what was happening, even though they knew more of the truth than the rest of us? Who is it who always maintained hope in those times of darkness? Adorabear. For this steadfast leadership and optimism even when all hope seemed lost, I nominate Adorabear as player of the year for 2015. The bear's deckbuilding and gameplay credentials speak for themselves. Adorabear served on the Infinity Council. And while I know that our favorite bear has already received a player of the year award, I can think of no one else more deserving for 2015 than Dorby.

A few notes on why I didn't suggest Drew. 1) He's already got multiple nominations. 2) I don't recall his tourneys starting up until 2016. I could be wrong there, but most of Drew's impact has been this year. So when the 2016 player of the year awards start, then I'll vote Drew.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:46:50 PM by Benionin »
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 05:18:26 PM »
Yeah I didn't read the description carefully enough Drew is player of this year not the last.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 05:23:44 PM »
Can I just point out that, as much as Drew has helped the game, this "Player of the Year" is for 2015. Here is the link from Drew's tournament post. Please note the date on it. It was the beginning of 2016, which is not 2015.

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65578.0
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 05:27:07 PM »
This isn't to say you can't vote for/nominate Drew. He's a great guy and he was certainly around during 2015. He didn't just show up this January and start running tournaments--he's been an active community member for far longer. But I think most of his strength lies with 2016.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 05:41:36 PM »
I'd like to nominate MerliniX - because no one else has yet

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 06:11:57 PM »
I would nominate MerliniX if he would get off his butt and finish judging the design challenge already.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »
I'd like to nominate Axeecutioner for having a billion dollar idea.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Heyheuhei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 06:53:04 PM »
Adorabear
Pupils

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 07:26:52 PM »
I'd like all of you to follow me on a journey. It is late 2015. These are dark times in the multiverse, Harry. Merlinix was gathering an army of wizards... wait, that's not it. Ahem. These are dark times in the multiverse, Harry. The game had not received updates in months. The last communication we had received was Teremus leaving us. There is stagnation and despair as the game begins to swirl down the drain...

Who was the force of optimism, the force of good and cheer that kept up our hopes? Who was it who soldiered on regardless of what was happening, even though they knew more of the truth than the rest of us? Who is it who always maintained hope in those times of darkness? Adorabear. For this steadfast leadership and optimism even when all hope seemed lost, I nominate Adorabear as player of the year for 2015. The bear's deckbuilding and gameplay credentials speak for themselves. Adorabear served on the Infinity Council. And while I know that our favorite bear has already received a player of the year award, I can think of no one else more deserving for 2015 than Dorby.

A few notes on why I didn't suggest Drew. 1) He's already got multiple nominations. 2) I don't recall his tourneys starting up until 2016. I could be wrong there, but most of Drew's impact has been this year. So when the 2016 player of the year awards start, then I'll vote Drew.

+1 Adorabear.

Drew is almost for sure the 2016 player, but, you never knows...  :P