Author Topic: Calling all Community Content Creators!  (Read 1457 times)

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Calling all Community Content Creators!
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:00:44 AM »
Greetings, community members!

As you've no doubt noticed (because I can't seem to stop talking about it), I'm working on a fanfic novel for IW called Into the Fray. I just posted chapter 3 earlier and I'm looking to work on it steadily over the summer. However, I'm also looking for your help! Yes, you!

You see, right now Into the Fray is just a giant wall of text. I'm looking to you, my fellow content-creators, to see if you'd be willing to help spice it up and make it a more lively and immersive reading experience. Shout-out to NatoPotato for providing me with an animated avatar that I've begun using at the start of each chapter. That's the sort of thing that I'm looking for: just small (or, if you're really ambitious, large) things to improve the way I'm telling the story.

I've reached out to a couple of people already (such as Nato) but this is a blanket invitation. Would you like to contribute or help me out? You've probably already thought of more ways that you could contribute than I have. Share your thoughts! I'm always open to feedback on my work and I'm willing to collaborate with anyone who wants to contribute.

Fellow writers, want to offer critiques and suggest edits? I'm all ears! Want to co-write an upcoming chapter? Let's try it! Artists, want to make illustrations? Awesome! Voice actors, animators, and other people with other talents, you are also welcome and encouraged to help! I want to get as many people involved as possible to create the greatest possible product.

Feel free to comment or shoot me a pm. Let's get cracking!
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all Community Content Creators!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 08:06:38 AM »
I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I respect your works. Keep it up!

I'll help with critics/suggestions whenever possible, as that is all I can do for now. :P

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 12:52:37 PM »
Great stuff, man. Seriously, best of luck with this. I can offer critiques on writing, i suppose. Maybe get some people together to collaborate on a short story collection of some sort? That'd be cool.

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 12:37:05 PM »
I would welcome any critiques or feedback, as I'm always trying to make this project better.

Also, shoutout to Tinkercide for the awesome artwork they made!
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 06:10:05 AM »
Maybe get some people together to collaborate on a short story collection of some sort? That'd be cool.

Interesting idea. I'd definitely be willing to collaborate on a series of short stories featuring the characters of Into the Fray once the main project is finished. Until that time, I'd rather collab on upcoming chapters.

On that note, I just published Chapter 4. With only three or so chapters planned for the rest of the work, now's a great time to get involved in the process. I'll still do updates once it's finished (like adding art, making edits, or writing short stories), but now's the time to get involved in the creative, rather than iterative, process. And by "now" I mean an arbitrarily flexible window between now and the end of the summer or end of the project, whichever comes first.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 07:53:15 AM »
Bump for the unexpectedly prompt completion of Chapter 5.

Something I've really wanted to add to the story is the inclusion of an illustration for each chapter. So for Chapter 1 you would have them charging through the dunes, Chapter 3 would have the rift, and so on. I recently did a piece of artwork for the Elementalist, but I'm not really the greatest artist and I was hoping that someone who's better at drawing or image-editing than I am could step up.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Rickashay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 12:59:43 AM »
I've been working my way though your story chapters, I've been meaning to for awhile. Very good so far.

I'm worthless as far as drawing, but if you want to do something with me writing related, just let me know. I'd be happy doing some editing, or contributing to that story collection someone mentioned. Actually I'd love some story prompts or whatever. I procrastinate on my own projects, but if someone else asks me for something I tend to get things done a lot faster.

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 07:05:51 PM »
As far as a short story collection is concerned, there are a couple of different routes we can take:

1) Backstory. Who was Endymion's father and how did he die? Where did Lysimachus come from? That sort of thing.

2) Filling in gaps. I don't think there are too many of these since I've kept the narrative pretty fast-paced, but it would be a good way to fill out the story. One gap that comes to mind is at the beginning of Chapter 5, where Endymion mentions that they spent two weeks hunting in the Untamed World, earning themselves the nickname "Aberion's Wolves." If you wanted you could write a story about those hunts. Another one that's going to come up in Chapter 6 is when Gwendolyn gets recruited into the Purifiers. A story about her training experience would be great (especially since she's one of my less-used 'main' characters).

3) Continuing the story. Right now I'm planning just the 7 chapters and an epilogue, but the story of our intrepid heroes does not have to end there. After Into the Fray is over is fair game for anyone wanting to write a story using my characters, though since I don't plan on spoiling the ending just yet you'd have to wait to write a story in this vein.

As for editing/critiques, if anyone has any suggestions in that vein (or in terms of formatting), I would love to discuss your thoughts with you. As I said above, I'm trying to make the greatest possible product for this community, and all contributions are both welcome and appreciated.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 06:19:06 AM »
This sounds exciting :) One thing I would suggest, if you don't already have one... It could be a good idea to post your story on Wattpad. It's a free sight that you can use to post your writing. It's just another avenue that you can use to spread the word of Infinity Wars. c: I'm sure other poeple out there would love to read it as well. Just something to think about.
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 06:36:35 AM »
I don't have a Wattpad yet. When the entire story is done I'll look into it.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 05:08:50 AM »
Chapter 7 is going to be up soon. After that, I can give out story prompts if you guys want.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline honusana

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »
For a long time it waited. Even wrote in his blog about this at http://bookmooch.com/justinparker. I hope I'm not the only one, I'm ashamed to say it ;D.