Author Topic: [Weekly Post #11] Update on Desyncs  (Read 1926 times)

Offline RikkiTikki

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
[Weekly Post #11] Update on Desyncs
« on: May 02, 2016, 05:32:32 PM »
Hey Infinity Warriors!

You might have noticed that we’ve been somewhat hush-hush for the past few weeks. Other than the small, frequent hotfix patches, we haven’t revealed any major changes/plans. Rest assured, there is plenty going on behind the scenes that we believe will be beneficial to the game’s health and the player community. While this may seem like a slow process, we realize that great things don’t happen overnight. At the same time, we’ve been monitoring players’ feedback on everything from the new player experience to ranked incentives. While we can’t yet share any specific details on how we plan to tackle these matters, we realize the importance of player feedback/suggestions and the integral role they play. With that said, we foresee the next few weeks to be bit quiet as we continue making many quality-of-life improvements, so we want to take a quick moment to give everyone an update on the state of desyncs in Infinity Wars.

The team has had their hands full for the past couple of months working on an assortment of new features/improvements we plan to show off in the near future. With the new Desync Trap, we’ve ramped up our efforts to bring the game to a healthy and stable state in time for the relaunch. In fact, we have eliminated the vast majority of previously existing desync bugs within the last 3 weeks, signifying that the Desync Trap is functioning properly and is catching all desync errors before they progress to a point that causes an endless turn. While we would love to call this the actual end of endless turns (knock on wood!), we will continue to remain vigilant. Fortunately, the data collected so far seem to indicate that players are no longer getting endless turns, apart from those resulting from a couple of extremely rare card interactions or network connectivity errors, which we will continue to investigate.

To give everyone a glimpse of our current status and progress, we have seen a substantial decrease in the number of desync events occurring over the past few weeks as we continue to catch, log, and resolve them as they come in. When 1.5.0 first went live with the desync trap, approximately 3-5% of games played were desyncing as the trap began to flush out a load of bugs that were previously causing endless turns. As many of you have noticed from our recent series of hotfix patches (http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65943.0), we've now fixed a large handful of seriously annoying bugs since the initial 1.5.0 launch, which has resulted in a steady decrease of desync errors to a rate of roughly 1 in 100 games. While this is definitely a good sign for us, we will continue to closely monitor the rate of desync errors per games played with the goal of getting it as close to zero as possible over the coming weeks.

While we have plenty of new in-game features that we’re excited to show everyone, we will continue to devote a large portion of our efforts towards eliminating bugs and optimizing game operations. Although these new features and improvements are already in the works and will continue to be developed internally, our current top priority is to create a stable and bug-free environment, which we believe will make the biggest positive impact leading up to the relaunch. Once the game has reached stable state, our focus will gradually shift towards further improving existing systems and adding new and exciting features.

Thanks for your continued support and we hope to get everyone’s feedback on some upcoming new features very soon! Stay tuned!

Cheers,

RikkiTikki
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:49:02 AM by RikkiTikki »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: [Weekly Post #11] Update on Desyncs
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:35:03 PM »

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
Good to see things are still progressing while im away, hopefully gonna notice a big improvement when i come back.
Keep it up yodomare!
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline davorinjo

• daco IGN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 06:42:02 PM »
I just want to say THANKS for constantly updating and working on game we all love!
daco is in the HOUSE!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 07:31:22 PM »

This here is concrete, appreciable progress. Numbers showing how much desyncs have been squashed since the implementation of the desync trap. Like music to my ears. Quality of life improvements make my life better, even if they aren't very high-profile changes, so I'm glad you're calling attention to these. Keep up the good work!
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 09:45:58 PM »

This here is concrete, appreciable progress. Numbers showing how much desyncs have been squashed since the implementation of the desync trap. Like music to my ears. Quality of life improvements make my life better, even if they aren't very high-profile changes, so I'm glad you're calling attention to these. Keep up the good work!

+1

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »

+1

+2

Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 10:14:49 PM »
Not sure where the game is going with all the latest changes I have seen (and honestly don't care much at this point due to complete disappointment in the future of the genre) but nonetheless, I'm glad to see that at least from the technical point of view the game is finally getting better.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 06:49:42 AM »

+1

+2

+3

Looking forward to the promised features we will see.

A short round of Applause for this update

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 12:31:43 PM »
+X/+X until end of turn
also #10, first with double digits, do i get free IB cowmandos now?

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 02:48:40 PM »
Bravo for the effort, much appreciated.

Just remember to reward each player with an amount of IPs equal to what he'd gain if the game ended in a draw whenever the desync trap is triggered, since before the desync trap you had a 50% chance of getting regular IPs (if you were the player whose game didn't go endless) and 50% of getting nothing, now it's 100% nothing and it kinda alienates your loyal beta testers  ;)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 05:54:14 PM »
This game is gold.  ;)
Where there's a will, there's a way.