Author Topic: Who is Azael?  (Read 453 times)

Offline Tinkercide

• View Profile
Who is Azael?
« on: May 10, 2016, 03:16:46 AM »
So, the most intriguing topic for me right now is Azael. Tried searching everywhere I could and couldn't find any info relating to him/her (I know general consensus says he's a male, but for god's sake he has B O O B S).

Could anyone shed some light on this subject? I feel it could be a great addition to the current lore database in the wikia.

Cheers  :) .

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Azael?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 03:32:29 AM »
Not a whole lot is known about the Overseers' titan Azael. S/he's a powerful, high-ranking member of the Overseers--on a similar level to Sol, I think. However, after the initial fight against the Sleepers they haven't really shown up in the lore.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Tinkercide

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 03:37:38 AM »
Not a whole lot is known about the Overseers' titan Azael. S/he's a powerful, high-ranking member of the Overseers--on a similar level to Sol, I think. However, after the initial fight against the Sleepers they haven't really shown up in the lore.

Yeah, pretty much all there is.  :(
Hope someone from Yodomare could throw in a bit of data, if that's even possible.

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 03:45:32 AM »
I hadn't actually realized how little characterization most of the game's characters get until I was filling out the lore pages on the wiki. We all know who Rita and Candit are, but there's not much I can tell you about them. Rita loves thralls and Candit loves drawing cards, so... yeah.

Up until now the lore has mainly centered on the Talich factions. They invaded the Untamed World, they fought the Sleepers, they allied with the Overseers, they are now at war. Compare that with my favorite faction, the DoD: Um, Xi exists. She ascended at some point. But now she's not. Something about Gao Han. It's frustrating to realize that the lore is so threadbare.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Tinkercide

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 03:58:12 AM »
I hadn't actually realized how little characterization most of the game's characters get until I was filling out the lore pages on the wiki. We all know who Rita and Candit are, but there's not much I can tell you about them. Rita loves thralls and Candit loves drawing cards, so... yeah.

Up until now the lore has mainly centered on the Talich factions. They invaded the Untamed World, they fought the Sleepers, they allied with the Overseers, they are now at war. Compare that with my favorite faction, the DoD: Um, Xi exists. She ascended at some point. But now she's not. Something about Gao Han. It's frustrating to realize that the lore is so threadbare.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Although there's a fair reason why there's not much lore information going around. The game is in a state where it needs way more important stuff, specially gameplay-wise.
Anyways, I believe that with the updated campaign, there's hopes that we'd get a lot of new stuff to fill the current gaps in IW's lore, and that could mean awesome stuff  ;D