Author Topic: [Card design Challenge] - One [Challenge over]  (Read 2699 times)

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: [Card design Challenge] - One
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 05:03:23 AM »
Herald of Madness
1 Cost
2p Exiles
3 Morale

3/3

When Herald of Madness is Deployed all cards in your hand that do not have Exile gain Exile, where the Exile cost is equal to the cost of the card.

dayuum knockin that sht right outta the park

Doesn't the character need to be unique? Just a heads up.

InvertedEye's design challange:

Create a unique character that costs 1 resource; don't know if it was implied or not.

Fixed.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 08:57:09 AM »
I will be judging sometime tomorrow.

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 05:13:14 AM »
Commando recruiter
Purity: 2 FD
Cost: 1
Unique charakter Human.

3/3
While Commando recruiter is deployed, all characters you control with a cost of 1 or 0 gain +2/+2.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »
Judgement time

Hiding

Another way for GI to mass buff its characters, it gets points from me for requiring you to plan out the optimal way to distribute them.

ToxicShadow

I like how the card can complicate mass death mind games when COV has a bunch characters on board which without it would be easy to guess that they won't play it. The drawback is interesting too and the untouchable can even make it harder to get rid of when it starts getting too many counters.

Number11

Since you didn't give him a name an I asked for a unique character I decided to name him Herbert. I do like the many options Herbert provides though i am not sure if FD needs more ways to dodge removal or removing blockers especially not in 3FD.

Pelagoth

I don't like the restrictive purity especially considering that it's already the purity for divinedemonic decks which would be the only deck this card would be playable in where they don't need another discard character, also it seems you smuggled in a 7 cost character in my 1 cost challange.

drewmb10

Those are some very powerful abilities on a 1 cost character, spontaneous combustion ability would be toxic as hell if you could play it every turn. I also really don't like that you made a cheap utility character with more than 4 health, the whole point of cards like lighting bolt is to kill characters like these. We have enough Coyle cards too.

Conquest

I am really not sure about resource denial cards, also this card is kinda win more as you have to kill a lot of their characters at once to activate it. Cheap utility characters should not have more than 4 health the whole point of cheap kill spells like lightning bolt is to kill them.

MerliniX

Well this card basically fixes the badly designed exile mechanic the faction was built around on its own. If there was any card from these design challenges that I wanted to be added to the game it would be this one.

Benionin

I don't think the avatar design is meant for 1 cost characters, also the card punishes the opponent too much for attacking which will probably lead to games where they stick to the support zone for a long time before launching a large attack which doesn't seem that fun, its better for the faction to provoke the opponent to hurry and attack than for both players to wait around.

Nephilim

This card is basically a character for constructor to stick stuff to, I think the abilites it gives are too strong and would likely win the game the moment it is buffed and opponent can't answer it with removal that can get through shield 2.

Brueson

I do like the idea of a  resource increasing card that needs to be protected in the defense zone. I think its drawback for attacking won't matter much late game so it gives you a huge hasted attacker for cheap which I don't like.

Goldschuss

Buffing health is outside of what the faction does and I don't think making aspirant deck a thing is fun.

The winners are:

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 11:28:40 AM »
Sorry if I was a little harsh on your cards guys.

Offline Brueson

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 04:11:32 PM »
Sorry if I was a little harsh on your cards guys.
No worries here. You were spot on in my case and I didn't fully think that part out late game. I was thinking it would be great to have a 1 cost card be viable late game, but giving it haste and buff ON attack was a little much. If it gave at the end of the turn, I think you would have liked it better, or maybe a cap. Maybe even if it goes above 20 attack, it immediately dies.

Anywho, thanks for judging this round!

Online Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 08:36:18 PM »
Congrats MerliniX on the win. Very good card idea.

Since you didn't give him a name an I asked for a unique character I decided to name him Herbert. I do like the many options Herbert provides though i am not sure if FD needs more ways to dodge removal or removing blockers especially not in 3FD.

The idea of the card moving a character to the support zone and then back to the battlefield before the characters do battle is to make it not just another push back for an attack like stumble or flashbang. You need to do something to the card while it is in support and the cards that do that tend to be to slow for the 3 purity FD. A good example is Proctul, the sniper. Most would not pick the card for 3FD as it would be too slow for the FD rush. With my card idea you could push a character for a moment to use Proctul on while also gaining a 5/4 body for 2 cost. This would be more cost efficient with rush than to try using stumble with Proctual. The card design is so that it would not help as just another push card on the enemy and make current decks just more powerful but is more for making cards that don't work so well for 3FD better in 3FD in order to diversify the decks made for 3FD.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:53:01 PM by Number11 »

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 09:09:06 PM »
Congrats MerliniX on the win. Very good card idea.

The idea of the card moving a character to the support zone and then back to the battlefield before the characters do battle is to make it not just another push back for an attack like stumble or flashbang. You need to do something to the card while it is in support and the cards that do that tend to be to slow for the 3 purity FD. A good example is Proctul, the sniper. Most would not pick the card for 3FD as it would be too slow for the FD rush. With my card idea you could push a character for a moment to use Proctul on while also gaining a 5/4 body for 2 cost. This would be more cost efficient with rush than to try using stumble with Proctual. The card design is so that it would not help as just another push card on the enemy and make current decks just more powerful but is more for making cards that don't work so well for 3FD better in 3FD in order to diversify the decks made for 3FD.

I don't think it would be enough to make proctul playable and most of the cards that combo with it in 3fd, I get what u are going for and this card would be 4th place, I just don't think its enough to really diversify 3fd.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 10:21:23 PM »
Congrats to the wizard for winning the challenge.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
Re: [Card design Challenge] - One [Challenge over]
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 10:37:21 PM »