Author Topic: [Card design Challenge] - One [Challenge over]  (Read 2698 times)

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
[Card design Challenge] - One [Challenge over]
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »
InvertedEye's design challange:

Create a unique character that costs 1 resource.

I decided to keep it simple this time. Thanks to RikkiTikki for providing the prizes.

1st: 1 Faction Pack + 2 Collection Packs
2nd: 2 Collection Packs
3rd: 1 Collection Pack

The winner gets to host the next challenge. The last challenge can be found here: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65985.0
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:35:52 PM by InvertedEye »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: [Card design Challenge] - One
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 08:26:39 PM »
---
---
Nano-Mass, United
2p GI
1 cost
4 morale
Unique Character- Artificial

Nano-Mass, United enters play with 2 charge counters.

Characters you control gain +1/+1 for each charge counter on them.

Pay 1: Move any amount of charge counters from Nano-Mass, United to target character.

Pay X, Exhaust: At the end of the turn, Nano-Mass, United gains X+2 charge counters.

Exhaust: Each character with a charge counter gains another charge counter.

0/0
(L)
---

Mainly a support unit. Starts weak but you can pump it a bit, then it can start supporting other characters and then finally start mass buffing things.

Purposefully slow.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:32:49 PM by Hiding »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 08:49:33 PM »
Azir, Lord of Misfortune
Purity: 1CoV
Cost: 1
Morale: 10
Type: Unique Character - Demon
Stats: 1/1
Rarity: Epic

Untouchable

Everytime a player causes one of their own characters to die by one of their own abilities, put a might counter on Azir.

Azir gets +3/+3 for every counter placed on him.

If you control Azir at the end of the turn and he has 13 or more counters, you lose the game.

"Was it really such a good idea to summon this demon? I can't help the feeling that something is not right about him." - Last words of a Verorian Summoner, shortly before she was caught in a Mass Death spell by accident.
---
Azir can be 'fed' by your opponent too. He might end up being a double edged sword if your opponent pushes him to 13 or beyond.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:07:36 PM by ToxicShadow »

Online Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 09:19:19 PM »
Master of distraction
3 purity FD
1 cost
4 morale
unique character - human
5/4

When deployed, target a character on the battlefield. Target character on the battlefield is moved to the support zone. Just before the Combat Phase starts, if the target character is not exhausted he moves back to the battlefield to the back of the zone the character was in.

Master of distraction is not so good as to be a normal stumble on the opponent plus a 5/4 body. As the character will just return to the battlefield you will need to combo using Proctul the sniper, Caltrops or Timely strike when pushing back enemy cards. However the card can also be used on your own cards in order to protect them from cards that target the battlefield. I think the card could make FD cards that effect the opponents support zone more useful in 3 purity FD.

Updated!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:42:22 PM by Number11 »

Online Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:43:48 PM »
If you control Azir at the end of the turn and he has 13 or more counters, you lose the game.

Azir can be 'fed' by your opponent too. He might end up being a double edged sword if your opponent pushes him to 15 or beyond.

In the ability you say 13 or more counters, but then you say it is a double edged sword if he is pushed to 15 or more.

Is it do to reevaluating the number of counters to use for the card and the number was not altered in both places in the text?

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 06:27:02 AM »
Name: Jubalia, Demonic Angel
Type: Unique Character, Angel Human
Purity: 2p Exiles, 1p OoS
Stats: 4/4
Morale: 12

Untouchable, Flying

Pay 1, Exhaust: Discard a random card and give target character +2/+2
Pay 7, Exhaust: Jubalia transforms into a 12/12 Angel Demon with Untouchable, Flying and Consume 2

Jubalia, don't give into madness! Jubalia? Jubalia? Noooooooooooo!

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »

Azir can be 'fed' by your opponent too. He might end up being a double edged sword if your opponent pushes him to 15 or beyond.

In the ability you say 13 or more counters, but then you say it is a double edged sword if he is pushed to 15 or more.

Is it do to reevaluating the number of counters to use for the card and the number was not altered in both places in the text?

Yes, you are right. I was considering different versions for both, the treshold and the actual buff. Forgot to change it in both sentences, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll correct it right away.

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 01:17:16 PM »
Agent Coyle, Sinister One
1p CoV or 1p Ex
Morale: 0
Unique Character - Human
2/5

Pay X: Activate an ability

Choose an ability:
- Target character permanently gains -3/-3 (cost 2)
- Target character receives double damage from combat this turn (cost 3)
- Deal 12 damage randomly split between opponent's deployed characters (cost 5)
- Exhaust: Transform into a 25/25 Flying, Unstoppable Dragon (cost 10)

Why let big brother have all the fun?

Offline Conquest

• Out with the old,in with the new. Long live Solace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »
Letach, Soul Harvester
2 CoV
Unique Human
Morale: 7
1/6

Every time an opponent's character dies, put a counter on Letach. Every time you play an ability, remove a counter from Letach. If Letach has 2 or more counters, she is untouchable.
(Maximum of 6 counters)

Pay 4 counters: Your opponent loses one resource next turn. Counters are consumed at the end of the turn

(You may not pay the counters and THEN cast a spell if you have only 4 counters; as you would end up without enough counters, and this effect would then not take place).

"Everything comes with a price, especially in the dark arts. However, the Verore have the advantage of making this part of their plan."
THE VIRUS RISES ONCE MORE!

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 09:43:20 PM »
Dante, Herald of Madness
1 Cost
2p Exiles
3 Morale

3/3

When Herald of Madness is Deployed all cards in your hand that do not have Exile gain Exile, where the Exile cost is equal to the cost of the card.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:02:47 AM by MerliniX »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 11:36:29 PM »
Herald of Madness
1 Cost
2p Exiles
3 Morale

3/3

When Herald of Madness is Deployed all cards in your hand that do not have Exile gain Exile, where the Exile cost is equal to the cost of the card.

dayuum knockin that sht right outta the park

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 06:06:41 AM »
1 cost
3 DoD
0 Morale
Epic
Unique Character--Spirit

March through the night to arrive at the battlefield first, that you may secure the advantageous ground--Kung Ji, Glorious Strategist

Vigilance
Whenever a character you control is dealt combat damage and survives, your opponent loses 2 morale
If CARDNAME would be killed, instead it becomes exhausted for the next turn (a la sages)

Either 2/6 or 2/8 (probably 2/6)

Initially I wanted a one-drop version of Gao Han, but instead I decided to explore what an early Avatar might look like. I gave him a more balanced version of avatar immortality to compensate for his early landing and am leaning for more conservative stats since he's gonna keep coming back to block again and again. I granted him a morale-drain mechanic (number can be adjusted, was originally 5 but I think that's too strong, lowered to 2) which decided to have me make him the Avatar of Kung Ji. Noteworthy about his ability is that it works even when he's exhausted. That could probably be tweaked to only working while in the defense zone or by adjusting the number of turns he exhausts for or the amount of morale he drains. There are a lot of knobs to adjust on this card.

And yeah, I know that all the other avatars cost 7. The whole point of this guy was to explore a one-drop avatar, though. Also, I'm not sure how the coding would consider his own interaction with his ability. Does it count as surviving combat if he's exhausted? I don't think so.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 08:06:23 PM »
Project 0D-0P-T3R
cost 1
1 GI
moral 5
unique character - artificial
at the end of the turn Project 0D-0P-T3R gets +1/+1
as long as Project 0D-0P-T3R has the greatest power of all characters in play it has flying, shield 2 and unstoppable
1/1

Offline Brueson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 09:30:36 PM »
Pure Energy
Purity: 1 GI or 1 CoV
Morale: 10
Unique Character - Elemental
2/2

Haste

When Pure Energy attacks, it gains +2/+2 for each max resource the opponent has and then your opponent gains an additional maximum resource.

At the start of each turn, if Pure Energy is in your defense zone, you gain 1 extra resource for the turn.

Offline Conquest

• Out with the old,in with the new. Long live Solace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 04:55:19 AM »
Herald of Madness
1 Cost
2p Exiles
3 Morale

3/3

dayuum knockin that sht right outta the park

Doesn't the character need to be unique? Just a heads up.

InvertedEye's design challange:

Create a unique character that costs 1 resource; don't know if it was implied or not.

THE VIRUS RISES ONCE MORE!