Author Topic: [Weekly Post #10] Create a Challenge Mission!  (Read 4955 times)

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
Re: [Weekly Post #10] Create a Challenge Mission!
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 06:24:13 AM »
In the short-term, we cannot dedicate the time needed to implement this

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2016, 01:47:43 PM »
How did it go when you brought it up to the team Drew? Is someone on the team working on creating challenge missions?

In the short-term, we cannot dedicate the time needed to implement this. I do apologize on behalf of our team; this was an oversight in development resources and communication. I urged the importance of fulfilling this contest, however, and the team is open to giving this a high priority once we are finished doing the work for Rebellion.

In light of this, I also believe there was an additional miscommunication. Apparently, the original intent was for there to be multiple challenges incorporated; not just one. Once we get through the release of Rebellion, I will be petitioning for the team to include multiple entries from the original contest. I believe we should separate the academy into light training missions, and tough player-made challenges.

Appreciate the response.

I apologize about this slipping through. I'll bring it up to the team right now.

I would assume that I got the response for having asked, but I think puting in somthing like "and then I will inform everyone on what will be done" would be better and  in general when tackling a subjet that is brought to the team to to just inform the players on the outcome of it. It is not the best of situations when we have no idea what is going on with the game in terms of what they will or are working on. It certainly would be bad to not have any info on when Challenge Missions will be worked on and to just having to wait until it is finally made, which would be a long wait.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2016, 11:12:08 PM »
I urged the importance of fulfilling this contest, however, and the team is open to giving this a high priority once we are finished doing the work for Rebellion.

Once we get through the release of Rebellion, I will be petitioning for the team to include multiple entries from the original contest.

Any news on this?

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 12:08:53 PM »
yeah it would be kinda cool to have my title actually mean something

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2016, 09:04:42 PM »
Just to reiterate. Any news on Challenge Missions? Can anyone of the IW staff give any feedback on this?

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2016, 09:34:21 AM »
Just to reiterate. Any news on Challenge Missions? Can anyone of the IW staff give any feedback on this?

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2016, 02:54:25 PM »
How about making this into a game of how long does it take for a IW staff member to replay to a question. It has been 13 days since I asked the question about the state of challenge missions. So what do people think. Will we get an answer in 2017? Or maybe the standard is to make you wait at least 2 weeks and a replay will appear tomorrow. Or maybe we will never get an answer as to what they will do regarding challenge missions. But my hope is that they will see this topic and reply to my post. But that might just be wishful thinking.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2016, 04:30:42 PM »
How about making this into a game of how long does it take for a IW staff member to replay to a question. It has been 13 days since I asked the question about the state of challenge missions. So what do people think. Will we get an answer in 2017? Or maybe the standard is to make you wait at least 2 weeks and a replay will appear tomorrow. Or maybe we will never get an answer as to what they will do regarding challenge missions. But my hope is that they will see this topic and reply to my post. But that might just be wishful thinking.

Lightmare staff replies to all questions on the forum within one standard IW business week.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »

Lightmare staff replies to all questions on the forum within one standard IW business week.

Which ranges from about 1 month to...
...probably never.
Its never isnt it?

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2016, 08:41:42 AM »
Its never isnt it?

P.S. I hope that all people who ask/wait for replies from LM/Yodo1 are truly trolling. Otherwise I have some bad news for you...

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2016, 04:03:51 AM »
Bump

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2017, 09:49:51 AM »
This is actually pretty cool and shows how much the community has a voice in this game.

Omg, check out this comment. Hahaha omg... I'm dying! ;D

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2017, 03:42:48 PM »
This is actually pretty cool and shows how much the community has a voice in this game.

Omg, check out this comment. Hahaha omg... I'm dying! ;D

It aint wrong tho, it does show how much of a voice we have.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2017, 05:12:52 PM »
It aint wrong tho, it does show how much of a voice we have.

Too bad there are no ears listening to the voices. It is now over a month and no response.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2017, 09:33:53 PM »
The reason there hasn't been a response is because the devs statement hasn't really changed. This is not something that is being worked on at the moment, however in the upcoming months I believe they are going to be looking at the NPE again.

This is a time when things like the community challenge missions will potentially be implemented.