ANNOUNCEMENT: THE CONTEST IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD
Anyone else remember the fanart challenge Grinnin_Gin did way back when? It was cool. People got involved. There were excellent contributions from the community. Well, it's been a little quiet today on the forums and I decided to try and stir things up by creating a (hopefully recurring) challenge for you:
Create some sort of fan art (be it a story, piece of artwork, nail polish, song, musical score, video, smoke signal montage, or what have you) in honor of the currently offered alt art card (right now that's Aerial Commando).
With any luck this will be a recurring challenge, with a new round each time a new alt-art comes out. I'm going to try running it this once, see how it turns out, and then maybe run it one more time before deciding if there's enough participation to merit continuing the project.
1) Your art must be your own original work. No tracing. No plagiarism.
2) Although you are free to create as much as you want, only one submission per person will be judged. If you submit multiple pieces, tell me which one you want me to judge
3) Your art must be based off of or inspired by the currently available alt-art.
4) Each round of this contest is open until the next alternate art comes out. Judging will follow soon after the round is closed.
5) As the need arises I will change the rules as I see fit, but I aim to be reasonable and fair. To that end, rules changes will not be retroactive. However, I'm the judge, I'm running this, and I reserve the right to make changes for the good of the longevity of this contest.
So I'm just a poor boy, and while I need no sympathy that means that at present the prize structure is gonna look kinda sparse until either I get donations or official backing. Subject to change. Feel free to drop suggestions and I'll see what I can do.
1st Place: A penta-pack. You'll have the option between the collection pack and the currently offered set-specific pack. I would offer the featured alt-art pack as the first prize since it would be fitting, but since I'm planning on closing each round only after the pack goes away that kinda prevents me from doing so unless devs work special magic.
Further Prizes: Ideally I'd like to at least get second/third places something, probably individual cards from my collection or donors, but at the moment I'm not entirely sure how I want this to work. I'm open to any suggestions (for instance, one option is to buy 1st 2 penta packs and 2nd 1 penta pack). It's important to note that the more people who show up for each round the larger the prize distribution is likely to be.