Author Topic: Rift Drafting Tier List  (Read 7035 times)

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
Re: Drafting Tier List
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2016, 12:16:20 PM »
Cult of Verore

S-Tier   
5   Annihilate
5   Mass Death
3   Dark Wish

A-Tier   
5   Death Ray
4   Infest
3   Verore Kidnapper
3   Word of Command
1   The Hellmouth

B-Tier   
5   Apparition
5   Hubris of the Strong
4   Candit, Head Researcher
4   The Perils of Command
3   Agent Coyle, Soulseller
3   Overcharged Storm
3   Verore Magic Siphoner
2   Demon of Gluttony
2   Rubble Golem
1   Vasir, the Chained Prince

C-Tier
5   Acolyte of the Crypt
5   Demon of Fear
4   Chain Lightning
4   Desolation
4   Verore Channeller
4   Rita, Mistress of Shadow
3   Demon of Dark Bargain
3   Grotesque Brute
2   Demoralize
2   Lightning Blast
2   Sinister Corruption
2   Subjugated Dragon
1   Heat Wave
1   Research

D-Tier   
5   Black Bind Witch
5   Thunder Apprentice
4   Aether Acolyte
4   Burden of Command
4   Hellkeeper
4   Verore Brute
4   Verore Death Worshipper
3   Aleta, Immortal Sorceress
3   Blood Arrow
3   Overcharged Bolt
3   Rita, Shadow Priestess
2   Battlefield Scavenger
2   Devil's Bargain
2   Neophyte Summoner
2   Resilient Slime
2   Struggle for Power
2   Summoner of the Deep
1   Ritual of Summoning
1   Summoning Stone

E-Tier   
5   Fortress Golem
5   Hellcaller
5   Tormented Thrall
4   Adaptive Brute
4   Blood Crazed Initiate
3   Altar of Binding
3   Dark Blast
3   Masked Initiate
3   Oblivion
3   Reflective Shield
2   Anger of Veroria
2   Beast of Burden
2   Dark Vision
2   Redirect
2   Siphon Structure
1   Veroria, the Lone Keep
1   Void Split

F-Tier   
4   Brute Spawn
3   Acolyte of the Altar
3   Denial of Surprise
2   Master of Demons
1   Candit's Thrall
1   Rita's Thrall
1   Warped Swarmer

Unranked:   
Misery Stone
Pras, the Traitor of Dawn
Ruins of Veroria
The Defiant Hermit
Vasir, the Demon Prince
Voracious Goliath

dark wish to the top! infest is better than death ray (its obvious why i hope). i am also not sure who would pick soulseller, hubris or perils of command over overcharged storm. siphon structure, lone keep and blood arrow are way too low. also why is research that low and candit that high?

for dod now.

tbh i think zunshen is better than immovable. probably at least level with mad monk, its a crazy strong card tbh. kung ji should maybe get a bit more love as well, i mean putting it below echo of battlefield seems questionable (altho i have to admit i never played that card ever). ao shun is just a terrible pick imo. how are you going to play it WITHOUT setup if its already unplayable with a setup? meanwhile great fortress of xia han is so puffing definitely worse than xi who honors many, gao han, ambush, shifting stone... docile panda is a decent balance-tool, should probably be moved up a bit. generally i think dod looks fine with those few slight exceptions.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
Re: Rift Drafting Tier List
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2016, 12:31:36 PM »
Thanks for the fast Reply. I noticed that you quoted my original post of CoV. I have already adjusted quite a bit in the google docs but seemed to have forgotten to apply it to the Forum post. Dunno Why. ??? I'll correct this immediately. :-[

If you could take another look into the Google Docs list (that one is always the most up to date one, as I just copy past out of Google docs to Forum post). Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aogFXTw-GHe-iOoGgbbA8ZuPEoTm71YoOtokmEszqqc

I agree with most of what you said though. I really seemed to have had mixed opinions when doing CoV/DoD compared to the rest of the factions and even in themselves. Do you really consider Dark Wish S-Tier material though? I mean it's amazing, but I had it in my last draft and it sometimes just sat there in my hand waiting for use while other times being extremely powerful. I'd just like to know why you'd put it to the top.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2016, 12:48:33 PM »
The Perils of Command is a terrible card and I would put it pretty low on the list.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »
yea dw is versatile as no other card in game. definitely needs a buff imo. overcharged storm maybe as well as i already said. additionally: GI: controlled temporal anomaly should be rated higher. you would rly pick a support drone over cta? idkidk. flux capacitor level with orions grave? rly? drone is also way too low imo. FD: stumble is way too low imo. flagbearer as well. hes crazy good in rifts.
WP: denial of magic way too low. same as dropbear and infected hulker.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:08:44 PM by Dogeee [BoD] »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2016, 06:14:27 AM »
yea dw is versatile as no other card in game. definitely needs a buff imo. overcharged storm maybe as well as i already said. additionally: GI: controlled temporal anomaly should be rated higher. you would rly pick a support drone over cta? idkidk. flux capacitor level with orions grave? rly? drone is also way too low imo. FD: stumble is way too low imo. flagbearer as well. hes crazy good in rifts.
As I play more and watch ES stream, I notice these things too. I thought of CTA as rather bad at the beginning. It can be really useful in certain combos or to just secure victory/prevent death, thus deserving a spot.

I might have to rearrange some things soon to match the tiers better again. That or I adapt the Tier descriptions to better match the cards in them.

Gonna look into it when I have more time at work again. Thanks for the feedback though, always good to have more.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2016, 10:55:56 AM »
As I play more and watch ES stream, I notice these things too. I thought of CTA as rather bad at the beginning. It can be really useful in certain combos or to just secure victory/prevent death, thus deserving a spot.

I might have to rearrange some things soon to match the tiers better again. That or I adapt the Tier descriptions to better match the cards in them.

Gonna look into it when I have more time at work again. Thanks for the feedback though, always good to have more.

sure thing mate  :) the point about CTA is its versatily of course. it can be used with lucca/lucca ascended to aoe buff, to activate sacullas another time i.e. also its a good tool to reset buffed creatures of all kinds (secluded buffs, zombie scavengers) or put one strong character out for that one turn to go lethal. or to keep that one xi ascended in game in opponents calamity turn, just to mention a few. it is super strong!

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2016, 07:32:32 AM »
Updated the original post. Should be clearer now where to find what.

Could someone check out the Warpath worksheet on the Google docs and tell me their opinion Tier power sorting compared to the other worksheets? I want to know if converting them to categories instead of single numbering looks better. Would appreciate it. :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:45:58 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2016, 09:32:45 AM »
Currently adding an extra sheet to the Google docs with ALL factions combined. I want to use this as a list of direct power comparison of all Cards. Hope to have a better overview of what card belongs where, once its complete.

Lemme know your opinion about it. Direct Link to the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aogFXTw-GHe-iOoGgbbA8ZuPEoTm71YoOtokmEszqqc/edit#gid=791904437
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:37:31 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline sogeking

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »
i want to talk  about sleepers.Engine of reincarnation is s tier card for draft.Stronger then all of the current A-tier list.if i have to choose  engine of reincarnation or parasite when i picking for draft , i would pick engine without thinking.Bury isnt d -tier.Bury really good with risen of avarrach , hehkeem,and last sleeper.Infected pack leader is A-tier in fact pack leader probably one of the best commander for 3 soa deck in rift.Feast on the dead better than tusked behemoth and Agent coyle zomborg a little bit overrated.Zomborg is A tier but not strong as much as undeath wish.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:02:53 PM by sogeking »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »
i want to talk  about sleepers.Engine of reincarnation is s tier card for draft.Stronger then all of the current A-tier list.if i have to choose  engine of reincarnation or parasite when i picking for draft , i would pick engine without thinking.Bury isnt d -tier.Bury really good with risen of avarrach , hehkeem,and last sleeper.Infected pack leader is A-tier in fact pack leader probably one of the best commander for 3 soa deck in rift.Feast on the dead better than tusked behemoth and Agent coyle zomborg a little bit overrated.Zomborg is A tier but not strong as much as undeath wish.
I honestly havnt updated this in a while and I don't have the motivation to atm either. When I get back to playing IW again, I might rework the list, but for now it'll stay as it is, unless someone wants editing rights.

I do agree with you though, it's just I updated the list with every shred of experience I gathered and kept changing the order of cards.

Offline quangtit01

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »
Please note that everything written below is based on my rift run experience, and it does not reflect a universal truth that has to be followed.

Flame Dawn:

Tl;dr: 
Agent Coyle, Firestarter should be in D or low C

Emberstarter should be in B or Low A

Knight of the Flamedawn is listed in both C and D.

Warcry: Should be a C instead of B

Timely Strike: should be a C instead of B

Siege Breaker: should be in High B instead of C.

Noble Protector: Should be a high C.

Pyr, Fortress of the Flame Dawn: should be a D.

Decimator: should be a C instead D.

Terror Moose: Should be a C instead of D.

Detailed explanation below.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agent Coyle, Firestarter: a win-more card that I strongly believe shouldn't be high B - my experience with him has been quite bad as he usually ends up as a dead draw in my hand - I would ALWAYS pick Emberstarter over him any given day of the week, so I believe he should be in D, or at the very most, low C

Emberstarter: This card should be a high B/ Low A IMO. Very solid card of FD who can push their advantage very well. any FD rift runner should include at least 1 copy of him in their deck

Knight of the Flamedawn: Why is he listed in both C and D? Typo I assume?

Warcry: Should be a C instead of B. if you manage to get that much character out on the board AND keeping them alive, you should have won by then.

Timely Strike: should be a C instead of B. Mis-use it and u wasted 4 resources AND a card, and FD will be DEVASTATED in rift if that happens. If you Stumble + Timely Strike, then stumble + Emberstarter usually net you more advantage. A very niche card.

Siege Breaker: should be in High B instead of C. 10 face damage on turn 2 as a FD is more than what you can ask for. Always, ALWAYS try to max him in a FD deck.

Noble Protector: Should be a high C. always nice to include 1 in the deck.

Pyr, Fortress of the Flame Dawn: should be a D instead of B. Too slow to pay itself off.

Decimator: should be a C instead D. a very niche and nice unstoppable that could be quite worth while.

Terror Moose: Should be a C instead of D. Who would honestly pick Flame Dawn Purifier over him?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:10:18 PM by quangtit01 »

Offline quangtit01

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2016, 12:50:52 PM »
Please note that everything written below is based on my rift run experience, and it does not reflect a universal truth that has to be followed.

Exile:

Hungry devil: Should be in C instead of B. His health usually make him suffer and die too easily in rift (especially against Warpath)

Two Face: D instead of B. Why the heck would you want to give your opponent a 10/10 for free????

Frenzied Monstrosity: High C or low B instead of low C. A very solid card with 8/9 can rival Warpath 3 cost in term of stat, and come with a very niche (albeit not very useful) skill