Author Topic: Rift Drafting Tier List  (Read 7042 times)

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
Re: Drafting Tier List
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 01:43:24 AM »
well i checked ur list again and will now propose some things i would change. please note that i didnt put up every single card i would change (so the others have something to do as well. oh yea, u right, i am just a lazy puffy).

Factionless
shikana A
winds B
radariah F
mortar cannon C
deflect C
gen splicing F
rift to old world F
vandalize F
cartographer E
soldier of fortune E
contained parallel rift D
called shot C
silfurstar D probably
single combat F

Verore
dark wish S
word of command B
aether acolyte at very least C
acolyte of crypt D
appariton C or even D
candit A
demon of gluttony probably C or D (since we're not speaking of commanders if i got that right)
lightning blast B
research B
blood arrow B at the very least
witch C
burden of command E or F
summoning stone C
devils bargain E
overcharged bolt at very least C
bloodcrazed initiate D
dark blast D
dark vision D
master of demons E

DOD
tibat S
yuanshis wrath A
xi ascended at least A
retaliation B or C
immovable S
glorious warrior A
humble A
daode sage B
zunshen somewhere in between A and S
eagle eye B
rally F
honorable farewell G
honor hill H

The mighty and glorious Flame dawn, that everybody likes <3
rally S
klore B
caltrops D
flame dawn fanatic A
aberions banner D
bloodbath F
duelist C
flagbearer A
harbinger of light A
paladin of dawn A
pyr B or A
stumble B
torchbearer B
burning prejudice C
aspirant C
immolation drone H
power of underdoge G
centurion D
purify D at least
fiery wish S
vis D
moose D
ireul D
hilderic G

GI
logtron A
mechborn S
phase bot E on a good day
secluded B
splitter S
tinkerer? in deck? lets say D
laser cannon A
mechanism D
orions grave D
gen spy C
aerial destroyer C
immortal searcher from deck something like E
omnimind A
support drone A
CTA S
overclock C at least
zombgone somewhere in between S and F  ;D
shrapnel launcher G
mass reality shift F like Fu...nny to play that in rift
flux probably B

OOS
ex C
higher calling S
wish S
celestial dragon D
heavens assistance A
kraos C maybe, definitely not same tier as harahel, also not better than lilariah
lila and harahel B, kraos C would be what i think
agent cheryl E
melosia D-E
grounded angel B
serennia F
search for key D
box S

SOA
sufferer D
boomy A-S
cyber space dragon D
overwhelming puffy A
patient zero H
tome A
fear A
infected PL C
tusked behemoth exhumed C
avarrach has risen F
endless horde G
inevitable dead A
undeath wish S
acid rain C or D
engine of puffy A at least, puffing broken

EXILES
dont play them much, but ritualist is S tier. tibat should be too. hinreki C-D at best, yagron is bad as well probably. definitely not A. splat and descension are insane, so theyre fine at A.
demonize A or even S, its insane as well
mind splinter probably rather C
volatile genome somewhere in between F and G
chaos in the ranks at least B
kidnapped by demons same as chaos

Warpath
shamba B
force B
HBC D
hunt D
fight S
TBH the B tier looks pretty messed up generally. how can kills by leaping share a tier with rabid rabbit. same for i.e. jungle giant and aunissial or BLBP and lumbering goliath. this one rly needs rework imo.
matriarch A
primal rage B at the very least
denial of magic A
one of many B
dropbear A
rite of rage C
unstoppable C
guard D

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2016, 06:11:20 AM »
Okay, given the diversity of Quality and limited tiers (I don't want to create too many tiers), I will sort the Cards by strength in their current Tier. So if I put Anussial and Jungle Giant in B-Tier, then Anussial will be vastly above Jungle Giant in the same tier. I will make it more obvious when looking at the list. That's going to be extra challenging, but I agree that you simply can't put some Cards equal to others, although they both kinda belong in the same Tier (atleast from my point of view compared to other factions).

Thanks a lot for the given Feedback so far, much appreciated and ofcourse looking forward to more.

So if anyone else is gonna further make a list of improvements, please let me know if the card shall be ranked higher or lower in the according Tier.

Each card will be rated on TierPower (TP) in its current tier.
Cards with TP 1 are the weakest while cards with
TP 5 are the strongest in their tier.

For Example: This way I put Calamity and Recycle much closer together in strength, even though they are still seperated by a tier (this is not a final adjustment, just an example).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:46:53 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 04:54:00 PM »
Alrighty - feedback time.

Factionless:

Zuza - move to C3 tier. The card is pickable, but from deck she is often not that great. In game she is often more useful as a mind game gimmick without ever actually using her ability. (What I mean is she can force your opponent into sub optimal plays if they lack an answer for her, but actually activating her ability is often a poor gamble).

Calamity - Move to S4 tier. This card is incredibly impactful in draft, much more so than in constructed, and can be very difficult to properly play around in this format. While it is much more lackluster in Constructed play it is incredibly rare that you would ever want to pick anything else over Calamity in draft.

Recycle - Move to A5 tier. Recycle is one of the best cards in the game and if it is ever returned to draft should be picked very highly. Due to the nature of how the card works it will always be better than 50% of the cards in your deck, and is often better than 75% of them. This is true even if your deck is 40 One of Many.

Called Shot - drop to C4. Called shot is decent removal if you need removal - but every faction in the game has stronger options, with some factions like CoV having incredibly stronger options. Called Shot is absolutely playable, and should always be picked if you get to around pick 30 and you have 4 or less pieces of removal, but it is not a card that should be valued highly.

Assassinate - Drop to D5. The card is in a similar situation to Called Shot, except the extra 1 resource cost and the permanent 2 resource drop make it far worse in almost every situation. Still pickable if you have not managed to draft any removal, but probably the very last card in the game you want to be running for removal purposes.

AC Alpha One - I would bump this up to B5 or A1. The card is very good in draft, where you will tend to have several turns free to pump him and the opponent likely has limited removal options, and so is forced to remove Alpha One early, or something like Skraar or Packleader later on. Due to costing 1 resource he trades favorably (cost wise) with virtually all removal options in rift.

Radariah - Drop to D2 or so. You almost never want to pick this card unless you are really hurting for two drops or you have no other means to deal with fliers. Even in those scenarios you often do not want to pick this card.

Winds of War - Raise to B3. This card is very good AoE removal in rift, and it is very rarely played around which makes it invaluable as a combat trick. You can often tailor it to leave all or most of your own characters alive, and use it to guarantee a large assault, or clear out an enemy FD player's board with ease. Large number of applications and very rarely a bad pick.

Shirazius - bump up to C5. Not the best creature due to his draw back, but he is a stat stick, and often you can find a zone where all or most of your characters are not where you can safely stick him and make use of his over curve stats. Very pickable, not a great fit for every deck though.

Aleta Immortal Traveler - Bump to B5 (if she is ever allowed back). Very strong pick for the deck, she is the only Aleta that you would ever want to really play from deck. In certain purities (like CoV) she should be valued even higher.

CoV:

Annihilate - Move to A1. This card is a good removal option, but that is it, and it is in the faction with the best removal in the game where it's effect isn't anything super special. It is still the best single target removal option, and should be valued more highly than other single target removal, but it doesn't do anything super impactful that really swings the game in your favor, and so should be moved down in the ratings.

Mass Death - Keep as S5. I just wanted to make a special mention of this card and why it belongs exactly where it is. If you go 2CoV in draft this is the card you want, in as many copies as you can get. CoV does not have good creatures, it has a lot of solid single target removal, but the thing you really want is multiple Mass Deaths. You are going to be relying on these to help your under curve and outclassed characters manage to stabilize the board and take control of the game.

Dark Wish - Move to A5. This is a good card, but on it's own it is not fantastic, especially in Rift. It typically says 'Draw 3 cards' which is a good ability, but in 3CoV in draft it is not going to actively help you win the game.

Death Ray - Move to B5. It is good single target removal, but comes with drawbacks like being able to be dodged. Should still be picked fairly highly but it isn't a bomb.

Infest - Move to A1. Better single target removal than Death Ray, has the same drawbacks and an additional cost. Extra benefit outweighs these drawbacks, but not by a huge amount.

And I have to go do stuff now so I will continue later when I have more time.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 08:35:41 PM »
And I have to go do stuff now so I will continue later when I have more time.
Really nice so far. Thanks for all the effort. Looking forward to the rest you've got. :)

I'll prolly start adjusting during the weekend.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 09:20:53 PM »
By the way, everyone can open the google document I linked in the OP and add comments to any box in the spreadsheet. So if you are too lazy to copy/paste or post on here, then use the spreadsheet and use the comment function to notify me about any change you'd like to suggest (descriptions such as merlini has done, is even better). :)

Here the link again: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aogFXTw-GHe-iOoGgbbA8ZuPEoTm71YoOtokmEszqqc/edit#gid=0

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2016, 07:30:43 AM »
Updated the list slightly (added rough TP to every faction) and adjusted the Factionless list already according to recent feedback. :)

Keep it coming guys. :D

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Rift Drafting Tier List
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 09:28:57 AM »
So here we go:

Factionless:

Shikana - move to A5, The card is really good, it offers a great defensive force, while still very strong in assault and a big threat to slower decks.

AC alpha one - move to A4, good in draft, even better as an early draw and hard to deal with when buffed, will require a removal to get rid of in most cases.

Recycle - move to A1, it's pretty good but i won't pick it instead of most cards, esp cards i don't already have in the deck.

Zuza - move to A3, Her presence alone is enough to spook your opponent and slow his attacks at most cases and that is pretty awesome for a 3 cost card,Capable of tourning the table singlehandedly, i would rarely use her ability but she's not easy do deal with in draft.

Winds of war - move to B5, Won't work against all decks, but will completely break the others, and being a factionless card, basically impossible to predict unless you've played that opponent before.

Mortar cannon - move to B1, really underrated card and a really good one.
not great in all type of decks, but if im running a some sort of a rush deck, i would pick this card over most cards because it allows to deliver the final blow.

Firebolt - move to C1, it's a decent deck filler, also great at removing some strong cards with 4hp left.

Radariah - Okay at D1, a really bad card overall, but can be usefull vs flyers if you don't have anything else.
all other cards have to be pretty terrible for me to even consider picking this one.

genetic splicing - move to F1, no point in picking that card at all, since zombgone is now an uncommon.

Flame Dawn  ;D :

Intimidating rally - move to S3, would pick this card over anything in the faction.

Bromich - move to S2, easy pick, this card is really strong , even from deck.

Klore - Move to A5 , not that great if you don't play him early on, but devestating if you do.

sacculas - move to S1, extremely useful, esp in draft.

flame dawn commando - move to A4.

Caltrops - move to D something, highly situational, only good with cards such as Calamity, fear and intimidating rally.

Paladin of the flame dawn -move to A2.

Flame dawn fanatic - Move to S1, This card is awesome, would pick it over most cards.

Ferocious flyer - move to A3, even on it's own, this card is really good, not to mention with bromich/lucca etc.

Ferocity - move to B1.

Bloodbath - move to D something, only good with Shikana.

Flame dawn hound - move to A1.

Aberion - F , Pains me to say it but, this card is bad atm and need a rework as iv'e said in another thread.

Flame dawn centurion - move to B5.

Tithe collector - move to F, bad card is bad.

Reckless zealot - move to B4 , can be really good at times.

Herald of dawn - Move to B5, easy combo with tons of cards, not just fd ones (Looking at you parasite and shikana).

Infected purifier, can't find this one on your list, move to A1, since this card just recieved a buff (can stop unstopable now) it should be an even better pick than before.

Will add more later  :P

Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2016, 01:01:43 PM »
adding: caltrops is also good with shikana  ;D

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 03:56:15 PM »
adding: caltrops is also good with shikana  ;D

Only vs slow/morale decks but yea i agree.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2016, 10:24:23 AM »
Okay, I updated the Flame Dawn list. I adjusted accordingly to all the Feedback and put the strength in line with Cards from other factions (so didn't place them exactly as told in some cases, but very close). I hope the Flame Dawn Aspirants approve.

Keep it coming guys. I hope to have it entirely completed by the time of the relaunch. So I Need the basic refinement done. :D

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 07:20:09 AM »
Bump

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2016, 08:45:45 AM »
UPDATE: Okay I updated every faction based on the data provided by Dogeee, tomuchmayo (thanks guys) and my own personal collected experience in the past few days/weeks (not everything suggested was applied 100%, but closer to where it should be).

I had a lot of joy with Exiles in draft lately and rehauled almost the entire list. Descension is an insane Card. It is a game winner by itself as you can practically surprise your enemy with a wealthy noble turning into a 20/20 with consume 3 and unexpectedly take out his entire offense. It can also be used offensively against an almost inpenetratable defense. Any way I see it, that card belongs in High S-Tier.

The Wasted Lands is a much underrated location imo. When I play Exiles, I usually have an empty Hand (or almost) with nothing but high cost Cards remaining. So if I then activate it and give a minion -9/-9 (reveal descension for example), then either it will be useless that turn or die on the spot (if it has less than 10 health). You better bet I will reveal my Descension or Calamity if I get a good cheap removal every turn. This location definitely won me games. :P

I also reworked the Warpath list quite a lot and hope that the placements are more accurate now. Recheck please and tell me what you think.

P.S. This list still has quite a way to go and I would really really like some more feedback from the vets. Hopefully before the Relaunch!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:05:04 PM by Pelagoth »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2016, 10:17:18 AM »
UPDATE: Also going to be adding links to the cards on wikia for each card in the Google docs. So if you happen to run into a false link (one of many linking to fleet foot commander for example), then please let me know by adding a comment in the docs or posting here.

Warpath already completed.

Might add links for the forum post lists at some Point.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 09:34:38 AM »
Update:
- Moved all Kalis to A3. (previously B5)
- Moved Infested Knight to B4 (previously C5)
- Knight of the Flame Dawn to C5 (previously D4)
- Moved Wall of Dead to A1 (previously A5)
- Moved Wealthy Noble to B1 (previously C3)
- Moved Best Fiends to C4 (previously D4)
- Moved Aleta, Immortal Sufferer to B4 (previously A1)
- Moved Recurring Nightmare to B5 (previously B1)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:37:53 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2016, 11:51:16 AM »
Looking at the list again, I feel like CoV and DoD need some adjustments. If anyone would like to take a look into it with me and add some feedback, that would be nice.

Also added links to all CoV cards.