Author Topic: Rift Drafting Tier List  (Read 6986 times)

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
Re: Rift Run Tier List
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 07:31:48 AM »
Here is the Google Docs link for anyone interested in the Progression and leaving comments.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aogFXTw-GHe-iOoGgbbA8ZuPEoTm71YoOtokmEszqqc/edit?usp=sharing

Update: Cult of Verore list fairly completed and Factionless list sorted from my point of view. Feedback appreciated.

If anyone wants to help fill this list (very welcome), drop me a PM and I will add you for permission to edit.

Furthermore, please let me know how I should order the cards in each tier. Alphabetically, by rarity or something else? Alphabetically makes most sense to me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:00:35 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline Cleanse

• View Profile
    • Message Cleanse on Infinity Wars Wiki
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 08:02:13 AM »
Sadly the wiki page lags my Computer at work way too much and always causes Errors (we use Internet Explorer :'( ), so that might not be my best source.

If you could shoot me a PM with the errors you get I'll look into it and see if it's something I can fix. It might be a problem with your work or wikia though. Is it every page or just certain pages? And how do you go with other wikis?

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 08:14:25 AM »
Cards with 2 Purities will exist twice. I will put them in each list, as I don't want an extra hybrid list. Might be confusing.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 08:16:06 AM »
Sadly the wiki page lags my Computer at work way too much and always causes Errors (we use Internet Explorer :'( ), so that might not be my best source.

If you could shoot me a PM with the errors you get I'll look into it and see if it's something I can fix. It might be a problem with your work or wikia though. Is it every page or just certain pages? And how do you go with other wikis?
It's just very slow loading and sometimes takes too much resources, then freezes and stops working. I really believe its a problem on my end. However, if I scroll really slow and not have too many tabs open at once, I can get all the information I need (completed CoV list that way). :)

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
Re: Drafting Tier List
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 10:36:59 AM »
Update: Added the DoD List with my own point of view. Not too experienced with DoD in Draft, so many of my decisions are based on the logic I use.

Also, please notify me about spelling mistakes/typos in the tier lists (if you encounter one). Can't find something that is spellt wrong.

Edit: Update: Added the FD list aswell now. I am very sure that there are enough FD fanboys here, who have a better insight on drafting tiers for this faction, than I do. *looking at ES*
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:39:32 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 10:39:32 AM »
Update: I added the Genesis, Overseers, Sleepers and Exiles list. Only really had experience with SoA and Genesis in draft so far, the others are not completely, but slightly undiscovered for me. Hope to get a rich amount of Feedback for those. Last list I am missing now is Warpath.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »
Okay, completed all lists (atleast the basics) of all factions at last. Please base your decisions on non-commander drafting (i.e. played from hand). I made a seperate column for commander tiers for each card (you can view it in the provided link to the Google docs in the OP), which will be filled out over time (you can still add to your Feedback what command tier you'd suggest for that Card).

Hoping for a lot of Feedback here.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:49:40 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 12:05:56 PM »
Update: Added the DoD List with my own point of view. Not too experienced with DoD in Draft, so many of my decisions are based on the logic I use.

Also, please notify me about spelling mistakes/typos in the tier lists (if you encounter one). Can't find something that is spellt wrong.

Edit: Update: Added the FD list aswell now. I am very sure that there are enough FD fanboys here, who have a better insight on drafting tiers for this faction, than I do. *looking at ES*
You ca count on me and Aberion  :P
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 12:06:52 PM »
Okay, completed all lists (atleast the basics) of all factions at last. Please base your decisions on non-commander drafting (i.e. played from hand). I made a seperate column for commander tiers for each card (you can view it in the provided link to the Google docs in the OP), which will be filled out over time (you can still add to your Feedback what command tier you'd suggest for that Card).

Hoping for a lot of Feedback here.
Great to hear , ill add my version in the next couple of days
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 05:41:55 PM »
i dont agree on some changes. i hope putting controlled temporal anomaly into E-Tier is a joke actually. also ex on top of OOS is more than questionable. i will come back here and say more.
appreciating the effort you put into it  :) adding: dark wish is the perfect example for a no brainer. no sane person would pick any card over it. not even calamity, golem or whatever.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:45:27 PM by Dogeee [BoD] »

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 06:03:26 PM »
i dont agree on some changes. i hope putting controlled temporal anomaly into E-Tier is a joke actually.

This is an auto-pick for me in nearly every deck I can think of.

Also, caltrops and inter-dimensional phase bot are waaaay too high imo.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »
i dont agree on some changes. i hope putting controlled temporal anomaly into E-Tier is a joke actually. also ex on top of OOS is more than questionable. i will come back here and say more.
appreciating the effort you put into it  :) adding: dark wish is the perfect example for a no brainer. no sane person would pick any card over it. not even calamity, golem or whatever.
That is very fine. :P

I did almost the entire thing at work. I gave every card a decent amount of consideration on placement, but in the end I sometimes can't keep a cool head with other stuff going on around me and that will make or made me misplace some of these cards. That and my limited experience of IW (so far) is the reason some of these cards might seem in the wrong spot, and that is why I am asking for help from other more experienced players. Just wanted to get the dirty rough work done first. ;D

Looking forward to hearing your coming feedback. ;)

i dont agree on some changes. i hope putting controlled temporal anomaly into E-Tier is a joke actually.

This is an auto-pick for me in nearly every deck I can think of.

Also, caltrops and inter-dimensional phase bot are waaaay too high imo.
I won't say I disagree, because I thought similar, I just am not too sure about every card in the game where exactly I could place it. Phasebot might be a B-Tier or even C-Tier for all I know (seen it being played very well and played it a few times myself), seeing how high the cost is and how hard it is to make good use of it. Same goes for Caltrops ofcourse.

Once I have a few different opinions I will readjust accordingly (readjusting on every response would take quite some effort).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:45:17 PM by Pelagoth »

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2016, 11:45:44 PM »
PLS update with banned cards. i tried to valuate it and i dont even know if zuza is still there, recycle and gather thoughts, same as spec op are banned.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline tomuchmayo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2016, 11:49:12 PM »
Looking at list i feel that

deflect - Should be in tier B A 3 cost give target creature untouchable an has preemptive is really good an honestly the card is underrated. Its already plenty useful in constructed so draft would only make it better.

Zuza - isn't s tier an should be in B tier at most. Card is honestly overhyped/overcomplained, You miss an you pretty much wasted a turn.

aether acolyte - should be a solid mid high C. Its a decent card in draft that can get relatively big in the long run with decent stats an low cost an a stable  for cov.

Humble - should be in A tier  is way so good  in any situation

xi ascended - should be mid b tier. Being able to create a bunch of 6/6 flyers late game without having to exhaust an being a flyer with decent stats herse;f, she is pretty solid.

Prayer of the dragon - should be high c tier. Anytime a card lets your character survive a kill spell, cheap, an is only 1 purity is going to be at least decent/solid.

Caltrops - should be low mid B tier at most. Its great when you it hits an with combos but you gambling a lot with it when its by itself.

Flame dawn hound - isn't on the list an should be on B tier.

Paladin of flamedawn - should be top of b tier combos so well with a lot of cards.

purify -  totally isn't f tier, its not that uncommon to get more than one card an if you are in a matchup where they have sleepers or exile purity you'd want to be able to deal with graveyard shenanigans an revival/adaptive ritualist an its essentially peaking at their deck to see if they had anymore. Peace of mind to know there is no more mass death or certain removal.

phase bot -  should be low B tier at most its too slow most of the time. Can be useful if you have board control/ stalled out game

cta - needs to he low a tier to high b tier. Only time its not useful is if literally nothing is on the board (including command zone).

tinker is solid B tier all day. extra repeated value for cheap is always useful.

reborn - should be in mid high C tier. Its situational but getting it off on something like splitterbot has to be some of the saltiest/rage inducing things an opponent will have to go through an some of the best value swings for days.

box of wonders - is automatic A tier. flickering on a stick an is cheap and not unique is very good.

Cassial, the selfless - should be solid B tier. She is a stable in constructed, a well placed cassial can just save your squad an end games sometimes. She could almost be A tier.

champions companion - should be C tier, for draft its a decent flyer It may not have charge like ferocious flyer but it survives commando an yuanshi wrath an is a stable for 2-3oos purity  overseers

intervention - should be high c tier if not low B tier i think is underrated a little, especially in draft. its 1 purity so its splashable an you can save a character if calamity is coming which apparently happens more often in draft now. Plus bouncing back cards with triggers or overcharged effects etc. can be good for extra value. Heck getting a skraar on 1hp back with full health for next turn or bouncing aunnisal sounds good to me. There is a lot of funny things you can do with the card.

blood thirsty dead - mid B tier. its a really good card it and stable but commando an lightning blast etc. deal with it easy. It be high B tier if it had 5hp instead of 4

diseased zombie - should be solid B tier if not high B. Its sleepers only real 1 drop (you're not playing scavenger on turn 1 lol) an it has an ability that can be rather annoying an can straight up kill characters before they could actually do anything. Forces the opponent to play awkwardly in the fact they have to use it so they can get some value out of it. Making them rather predictable at times. Plus its 1 purity so splash for days.

awaken - should be solid B tier, revival spells are SUPER important in draft. Being able to bring back anything back or bring a last sleeper back sooner is great value. The fact its 1purity makes it very splashable

Raise dead- Should be high B tier, I don't know how this is lower than awaken. Its almost a complete upgrade to it. Its 2 purity but 2-3p sleepers is pretty good in draft an being able to revive anything from yours or your opponents grave for the same cost is just extra range value.

fear - should be low mid B tier - it combos well an can buy you a turn, cheap an 1 purity.

Risen of avarrach - solid B tier, its a stable for sleepers an the fact it comes back in a few turns everytime is longterm value an i cheap with good stats is long term value. If you happen to have 2-3 of these in your deck in draft it can really put some pressure on if they keep coming back almost every other turn.

drag down - should be C tier, its 1 cost an 1 purity to stop a timer which is what sleepers want. It may not kill the character but feeding it to a parasite is always fun to watch.

Bury - should be at bottom C tier i guess. If you got some awakens an raise dead or last sleepers/risen of avarrach etc. it can be useful but it depends on deck. Heck its 1 purity so you can splash it for the mega unit 1 or vaisir, chained prince dream in draft or something lol. With the increase in epics an legendaries etc. it might come in handy.

engine of reincarnation - Solid B tier - being able to keep making 4.4's whenever your creature dies for 4 can be hard to beat unless you can destroy it or able to gain tempo (flyers help lol).

Offline tomuchmayo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2016, 11:49:25 PM »

Princess Hinekri - I don't think she is worth A tier, she way to slow an just asks for removal, She probably high C tier maybe low b on a good day.

Splat - should be low B tier. Its good removal but sometimes you don't want to sac any of your creatures because the value trade isn't good enough or you need them.

Volatile genome - Probably low C tier. Like Princess Hinekri its too slow but the fact you can miss with it makes it lower in tier.

alpha demon - Should be solid B tier. it got good stats by itself an buffing your other demons +2/+2 without being deployed is pretty nice.

Denial of reason - should be solid B tier. The fact its 3 cards of any type makes it good for getting rid of creatures an you are guaranteed to hit something makes it reliable.

Demonic reflection - Should be low B tier. Being able to copy an creature can result in some nice tricks. At worst its an extra  chip blocker which can be useful.

Splatterer - Should be High C tier -Its on curve an the fact you can discard a card to potentially get 2 extra is pretty nice.

Unstable demon - Solid C tier - its 3 cost for 10 power an it doesn't die to commando or lightning blast etc. still an its a demon so buffs from alpha demon

Dirty devil - Solid C tier its a 2 drop with vanilla stats but a demon an exile doesn't have a lot of early game options creature wise

Wholesale slaughter - Low B tier - Rng is rng but its good when you have creatures you don't care about dying or have none.

Rampaging stab - low  B tier - its a solid character with a pump ability that gives it untouchable for cheap.

Primal rage - low B tier - its a solid card, great for extra blocking an tanking kill spells etc. cheap an 1purity so splashable

Aleta immortal survivor - mid high C tier. Its really solid mid to late game, Being able to grab answers for most your creatures is nice.

Denial of magic - This card is A tier , no way is it D tier. Abilities are strong in this game an you can see all of them for 2 cost. You can 2 for 1 someone easily if not 3 for 1. Being able to look at your opponent hands is always going to be good.

Stampede - this card is solid B tier, gosh this card is probably one of the most underrated cards in the game. 20 power on board for 7 that is attacking is really good. Off priority playing this against calamity or mass death etc. or post calamity etc. is really good an those 4/5's can easily get buffed by stuff like corruped forest etc.

Protector of the dead - should be high C tier low B tier probably, idk how this is d tier. its 3 for an 8/8 so its on curve an reducing morale loss is really good in draft since games tend to go longer sometimes.

Guard - should be mid high C tier probably. Its a poor mans martyr golem that you can put on any creature. Heck it can be better at times if the creature has more hp. Have shieldbearer be the damage soaker  for any beefy creature an laugh for days hell combo it with inspire etc.  3 cost to ruin someones aggro day sounds fun.