Author Topic: Future mechanic ideas  (Read 5894 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Future mechanic ideas
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 08:49:43 PM »
Ah, i didnt think that persistance would count as the cause of death. So these will also not trigger consume or infect because the cause of their death is basicly the persistance ability? Not sure if i like that. But then again i am no programmer, making persistance the cause of death makes it probably easier.

Well it still dies so it should trigger some die effects, but u cant consume something if it is clearly not in ur stomach and running around.

Id say it would be a very strong ability to be used sparingly as with a strong enough atk it can take out whole line of attackers
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:51:16 PM by Hiding »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 05:30:19 AM »
I'll compile all mentioned suggestions so far in the OP for a better overview (ofc with credits)

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 05:45:35 AM »
Selfdestruct 2
Character explodes, dealing X damage to other characters in the same zone, where X is the number of Selfdestruct.

Challenge
The first time the character with challenge is moved to the battlefield, you may target a deployed enemy character. That character moves to the front of the same zone and becomes untouchable at the start of the turn.

Life Bond
You may choose to target a friendly character. Each time the character with Life Bond takes damage or is healed, the damage or heal is split between targeted friendly character and the character with Life Bond.

Just wondering, when does self destruct happen? start/end of the turn? ability phase? combat phase?

With Challenge I imagine the idea is that the two cards fight, but only the targeted card is moved to the front of the zone, the card with Challenge can be put anywhere in the zone, is that how its supposed to work?

And for Life Bond, targeting the 'bonded' card is on Deploy right?

I think the abilities are cool, I'm just wondering about the specifics.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:47:42 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 06:08:19 AM »
Selfdestruct 2
Character explodes, dealing X damage to other characters in the same zone, where X is the number of Selfdestruct.

Challenge
The first time the character with challenge is moved to the battlefield, you may target a deployed enemy character. That character moves to the front of the same zone and becomes untouchable at the start of the turn.

Life Bond
You may choose to target a friendly character. Each time the character with Life Bond takes damage or is healed, the damage or heal is split between targeted friendly character and the character with Life Bond.

Just wondering, when does self destruct happen? start/end of the turn? ability phase? combat phase?

With Challenge I imagine the idea is that the two cards fight, but only the targeted card is moved to the front of the zone, the card with Challenge can be put anywhere in the zone, is that how its supposed to work?

And for Life Bond, targeting the 'bonded' card is on Deploy right?

I think the abilities are cool, I'm just wondering about the specifics.

Thanks for pointing it out. After reading it again I figured that it would not be completely comprehensible. Fixed. :)

Also updated the list and added all other current suggestions. Remind me if you don't see yours in there.

Offline NatoPotato

• View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 06:45:01 AM »
Personally Id say make dodge defense zone only but give it an X value, that way its the defense equivalent of leap and there'd be an ability for attack and one for defense, like charge and vigilance.

aka
Leap X - When this character attacks, it ignores the first X defending characters.
Dodge X - This character ignores the first X characters that would attack it each turn.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:47:22 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 06:48:35 AM »
Personally Id say make dodge defense zone only but give it an X value, that way its the defense equivalent of leap and there'd be an ability for attack and one for defense, like charge and vigilance.

aka
Leap X - When this character attacks, it ignores the first X defending characters.
Dodge X - This character ignores the first X characters that would attack it each turn.

Good point, makes sense. Adjusted it in the OP. :)

Offline tmoua805

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 01:22:13 AM »
hmmmm maybe character abilities that requires certain conditions to be met in order to activate.  For example:

Flamedawn Aspirants: if you have 3 flame dawn aspirants on the attack zone you can pay 3 to activate: up to three flame dawn aspirants gains +2/0 when attacking.

To counter this ability you can get rid of one flame dawn aspirant so when they use the ability it doesn't go off because it requires three aspirants unless they put another one on the field with the charge mechanic.

Remember these abilities are character abilities which means that the characters are activating it. This was just a quick made up example so its not the perfect example but idk just an idea.  What do you guys think?   

Offline NatoPotato

• View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 07:02:58 AM »
Frozen: A Frozen character cannot attack, be moved or use abilities, if the character would take damage or be affected by an ability the character becomes unfrozen and the ability or damage is avoided.

It would be used by abilities aka 'Pay X, Exhaust: Freeze target card', hell maybe even have a frost dragon  aka 'when frost dragon damages the opponents fortress every character in the opponents support zone is frozen'.

You can cast it on enemies to slow them down, or put it on your own units to shield them from an attack or ability, less powerful than you may think since it shatters when literally anything touches the frozen card but its still pretty useful.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:04:12 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2016, 06:01:37 PM »
Opportunist X: When an adjactent character deals combat damage to an opponent, this character deals X damage damage to the same opponent.

Basicly that kind of guy that will stab an opponent who is busy fighting someone else.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 06:24:34 AM »
Updated recent ideas into the original post list.

Keep em coming guys. :)

Offline NatoPotato

• View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2016, 02:02:23 PM »
Frenzy: If this character takes damage when in combat with another character and that character survives, it enters combat with that character again.

Basically it just goes mental after getting hit.
It works like unstoppable but instead of going through multiple characters and stopping if one survives it does the opposite, powering into one character and stopping if it dies.
Works in assault or defense, in defense it essentially gives its attacker multistrike.
If you were to somehow give a character both Frenzy and Unstoppable it'd basically become Decimator (in assault zone anyway).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:31:02 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »
Evade X- This character takes no combat damage and deals no combat damage during the first X combats each turn

Last Word X-  After each combat, this character deals X combat damage to its opponent.

Combat is defined as each time a character enters combat with another character

Shinobi of the Spine
1Purity DoD 1 Purit Verore
3 cost
4 morale
Character- Human Ninja

Evade 1
Last Word 4

4/6
(U)

Copied from mtg:
Ninjutsu X- Pay X, switch this cards position with target deployed character you control's position. This resolves during the ability resolution step. This can be used from your hand (in which case the deployed target character will return to your hand)

Kunoichi of the Red Blossom
1p FD + (1p DoD or 1p Verore)
4 cost
6 morale
Character- Human Ninja

Flamestrike 3, Evade 2, Last Word 2, Multistrike 2

Ninjutsu 6

2/6
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:09:43 PM by Hiding »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2016, 06:27:10 AM »
Got another one myself:

Absolute

This character can not be removed from the game.

It would still die to kill effects and end up in the graveyard but can't be removed by Calamity, Jinhai Dojo or Captured by Demons for instance.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:01:38 AM by Pelagoth »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »
Got another one myself:

Irremovable

It would still die to kill effects and end up in the graveyard but can't be removed by Calamity, Jinhai Dojo or Captured by Demons for instance.

Irremovable sounds kinda weird maybe call it Absolute? They are so absolute/real they cant be removed

Purifier: Cards destroyed by this source are removed from the game.

Can be on characters as well as locations, artifacts or abilities like Banish. Can save text for example Banish can just have: Purifier, Target character takes 8 damage.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2016, 06:01:22 AM »
Got another one myself:

Irremovable

Irremovable sounds kinda weird maybe call it Absolute? They are so absolute/real they cant be removed

Purifier: Cards destroyed by this source are removed from the game.

Can be on characters as well as locations, artifacts or abilities like Banish. Can save text for example Banish can just have: Purifier, Target character takes 8 damage.
Both sounds good to me. Also less confusion with Immovable then.