Author Topic: Future mechanic ideas  (Read 5895 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Future mechanic ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 09:31:50 PM »
Resilience- The first time this character would die, it survives on 1 hp instead.

Sturdy- If this character is at full hp and it were to die, instead its remaining health becomes 1.

Sluggish- This character deals combat damage after its opponent during combat

Fragile- If this character takes damage, it dies

Airlocked- This character can only block flying characters

Venomous X- Characters dealt damage by this source gain an additional X poison

Lethal- Characters dealt damage by this source die at the end of the turn

Some of my older ideas:

Faceless X- you may have up to X copies of this card in your deck

Beacon- When you draw this card it is revealed to your opponent.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:19:36 PM by Hiding »

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 01:57:51 AM »
Guard X - This character takes X less damage from all sources.
(just the effect used by armored landcrawler, gao han champion and great wall of jinhai but given a name)

Weakness X - This character takes X more damage from all sources.
(basically the opposite of guard, useful for giving to enemy cards, or to your own for certain combos, and yes if a character with 0 attack enters combat with a card with weakness it will deal X damage)

Regeneration X - At the end of the turn this character is healed for X damage.
(just makes characters a little more resilient, though not nearly as good as guard, as guard reduces the damage before combat while this does it after, also this only happens once per turn)

Fury X - If this character takes damage it gets +X/+0 until the end of the turn.
(pseudo-consume which doesn't require enemy character death but only effects power and is undone at the end of the turn)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:38:52 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 12:17:20 PM »
Bodyguard -  Every time an adjectant character takes damage, half of that damage is redirected to  this character.

Disturbing presence X - Characters that enter combat with this character have -X/-0 attack until the end of turn.

Berserker X - Once this characters health is equal or lower than half of his max health, he becomes locked to the assault zone and gains +X/+0

Astral body - Takes half combat damage, but double damage from abilities.

Impact X - The first time this character enters combat, they gain +X/+0.
(Basicly like a cavalary unit getting a charge bonus, then being stuck in melee. Couldnt call it charge though, that ability name is already taken :) ).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:19:50 PM by ToxicShadow »

Offline Ruggedknot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 05:02:12 PM »
Thanks, glad you like the ideas!

Truthfully swiftness could be countered with a high defense card. Using cards to pump defense could easily overcome it but I do also like the Idea of limiting it to once or twice per phase. kind of like they are quick but get winded a bit after.

Another idea came to me while playing one of my flyer decks. This is a highly powerful effect and would likely be on Rares or Higher and Maybe rarely as an ability card.

Burrow: A creature with Burrow gains Untouchable and also can not be blocked by creatures with flying. (IE: Pay 2: Gains Burrow until end of turn. or Gains Burrow while in the Assault Zone)
While this might be a niche ability essentially it counters the superior flying trait forcing those decks to also have ground units.   

-Ruggedknot

Offline Ruggedknot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 05:07:47 PM »
Bodyguard -  Every time an adjectant character takes damage, half of that damage is redirected to  this character.

This must be implimented! awesome idea Toxic

Offline Chappie

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »
I've seen great ideas right there!! 8) Just keep it coming guys, we'll have it added on our compilation and bring it up with the team on our next talk.  ;)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 11:32:48 AM »
Piercing- If this character attacks and kills a defending character, it does damage equal to its power minus the defending characters health to the opponents fortress.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »
Manifestation (an ability mechanic) - You may choose to pay the manifestation costs instead of the normal cost of this ability. Instead of gaining the ability effect, you get a character/artifact/location.

Okay, that sounds a little complicated, so I am going to give an example or two.

Will of Destruction
Purity: 2DoD
Cost: 4
Type: Ability

Destroy target artifact or location.

Manifestation: Sacrifice an artifact or location and pay 3: Deploy a 15/8 Avatar of Destruction instead.

Ritual of Lightning
Purity: 2CoV
Cost: 3

Deal 8 damage to target character.

Manifestation: Pay 4, deploy a 9/9 Lightning Spirit instead. Lightning spirit gains +1/+1 every time a character receives non-combat damage.

Rites of Summoning
Purity: 2 Exiles
Cost: 6

Deploy 3 5/5 demons with consume 2 in your support zone.

Manifestation: Pay 3, sacrifice 2 characters: Deploy a Cursed Ritual Site location instead. As long as Cursed Ritual Site is deployed, each player may sacrifice a character at the end of turn. If they don't, they receive 10 damage.

--

Doomed X: This card will be destroyed at the end of the Xth turn after their deployment.

Example:
Improvised Trash Robot
Purity: 1GI
Cost: 2
Morale: 2
Type: Character - Artifical
Stats: 7/7

Haste

Doomed 1

"I am impressed that it even worked for more than two steps." - Tygris
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:48:49 PM by ToxicShadow »

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 07:24:38 AM »
Manifestation (an ability mechanic) - You may choose to pay the manifestation costs instead of the normal cost of this ability. Instead of gaining the ability effect, you get a character/artifact/location.

Sounds more like a "choose one" mechanic. :P

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »

Sounds more like a "choose one" mechanic. :P

This

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 01:57:16 PM »
It is indeed a variation of the choose one mechanic. You could rephrase it into a 'choose one' mechanic if you want to. The main difference are flexible costs, while the choice mechanic so far utilizes one cost for all effects (which in return means that some effects are not worth using ever. Just look at the first option of Undead Wish) and the fact that you choose always between something physical and an ability instead of two or more abilities.

I don't really care if you would add this to the choice mechanic or give it an own keyword.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
Persistence- If this character were to die from another effect, it instead remains in play until the end of the turn before dying.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 06:51:26 PM »
Persistence- If this character were to die from another effect, it instead remains in play until the end of the turn before dying.

What do you mean by 'another effect' ? Other than what?

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 07:41:30 PM »

What do you mean by 'another effect' ? Other than what?

Other than the death caused by persistence at the end of the turn. Didnt want to make the thing immortal by just leaving it at any death.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 08:32:18 PM »
Ah, i didnt think that persistance would count as the cause of death. So these will also not trigger consume or infect because the cause of their death is basicly the persistance ability? Not sure if i like that. But then again i am no programmer, making persistance the cause of death makes it probably easier.