Author Topic: European Challenge season 2016  (Read 894 times)

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
European Challenge season 2016
« on: April 09, 2016, 03:08:06 PM »
Hey everyone,

i have been working on a new kind of tournament.

Every info can be found within the extra attached filed (doc)

Please give me some feed-back :)

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
Re: European Challenge season 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 11:33:39 AM »
Hey Toon. Since nobody gave you feedback yet, I'll try to give you some pointers:

• Try to keep away from posting stuff in downloadable documents. A guy tried it a while back and it never worked out. It keeps people away from downloading if they're not logged in and some will not even bother to do so.
  • The concept of what you want to do is cool, but note that you're trying to have a long term, high dedication tournament in a game with an almost dead tournament/competitive scene.
  • You're directly competing with Drew's tournaments, that are more varied, more frequent and don't require the same amount of time and dedication (and even those don't get that many players). They also have better prizes, as he's working with the staff.

So, to sum it up, the concept is interesting, but IMHO you're expecting too much time/dedication for a tournament in a semi-dead game; directly competing with more frequent and rewarding tournaments while not bringing new stuff to the table.
If you still intend to go with it, consider reducing the timespan of the whole thing or try working with Drew/Staff to get more stuff to the table.
Hope the feedback was helpful!

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 12:02:38 PM »
This looks like a great idea, +1
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 12:10:59 PM »
Hey there, thanks for the feed-back, this is greatly appreciated :) Thanks a lot !

Try to keep away from posting stuff in downloadable documents. A guy tried it a while back and it never worked out. It keeps people away from downloading if they're not logged in and some will not even bother to do so.

i know but i needed to do so to introduce my idea, i'll try t figure out something else.

The concept of what you want to do is cool, but note that you're trying to have a long term, high dedication tournament in a game with an almost dead tournament/competitive scene.

I'm confident that the health of this game is going to be better, it's some kind of bet. I hope that such event may attract a considerable amount of players.

You're directly competing with Drew's tournaments, that are more varied, more frequent and don't require the same amount of time and dedication (and even those don't get that many players). They also have better prizes, as he's working with the staff.

I aleady sent a word to the staff and to Drew to work with them, i don't wish to compete with his events :)