Author Topic: [Card Design Challenge] - Inevitable Ends  (Read 4865 times)

Offline Brueson

• View Profile
Re: [Card Design Challenge] - Inevitable Ends
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2016, 01:11:17 AM »
Let me start off by saying all the cards made good use of the design mechanic. Cutting to the top three was difficult. Just a short blurb for each card containing some random thoughts. Then the winners down at the bottom.

Benionin

Nice evolution of a current card. A solid faction crossover of CoV and Exiles.

Pelagoth

This card is interesting. The pay health to summon dragons should probably be the cheapest ability though as the cheapest does nothing if there are no dragons. The dragon whelp uses some angel terminology and is factionless. I would expect the dragons to be at least 1 DoD. It might make more sense if the sage was mixed purity, or at least the dragon whelps.

NatoPotato

The idea is really unique, but I’m concerned how it will interact with characters already in an assault zone. I guess it just wouldn’t do anything and be stuck there able to be targeted by battlefield abilities. It seems like it could still block though. Would be interesting to see it just stop a flag bearer’s ability.

drewmb10

A fun card to pop out randomly for defense. The 4 power makes sure it alone isn’t a board wiper on the first round against most decks. If it survives the first round... look out! Might be better to get out of the way and just take the damage while it falls apart over time. A nice mixed faction straightforward threat.

Hiding

This one could be quite a pain to fight against. It has a some hidden range of utility. If played on your own small creature, you know have two decently strong characters for a few rounds. If the Proxy Devil gets buffed up, the small creature would get bigger too. Or the way most people read it, target a problem character, like a 20/20 flying dragon, and watch both die over time while taking less dmg. But be careful, they could just use a simple tinker on the devil and completely heal the dragon.

ToxicShadow

Nice tiered threat escalation. First round it can attack, assuming you don’t nuke it a little yourself, it will swing hard. Then it just starts avoiding defenses. A real pain if not handled right. Careful with buff timing when opponent has initiative, could make your buff fail.

Nephilim

Nice use of the mechanics set in place. My only thoughts is maybe the containment doesn’t break down fast enough. Maybe a new iteration would have have the health decay ramp up each turn. Cost seems high. If it was lower, could be a pain with balance on same round it was deployed.

Conquest

Ramp card that could be kept alive if the opponent continues chump blocking and keeping it at max health. I like how the card interacts with copies of itself.

MerliniX

I always like quirky cards like this one. Its strong in one way, and not so much in other ways. There is one major flaw with this card though, it could die the first round it came out if the same round they summon lots of tokens. I am fine with this flaw though, because the flip side is unchecked, he will win the game in 4 turns.

InvertedEye

A simple, yet elegant card. Will continue to do 4 dmg to the front runner. If buffed, it could be around for a while. Stacking multiple copies could clear a lot of trash from the assault zone. Even goes through untouchable.

Goldschuss

You get a couple points for being the only Ability card to be created. I like the utility of this card. If used on a self buffing card, the healing effect could be going on for a long time. I wonder if the healing effect is enough though. 5 doesn’t seem like much with the Matriarch passive healing. But this is only 2 cost and sometimes you want one of your characters to go to the graveyard.

Cleanse

Creature generators are always fun. I like the net loss ensuring that there is a loss each round of total stats. Great for making more undead to feed the engine.

Pixelei

At the surface, not a powerful card. But those that know the power of card draw can appreciate the utility of a decent blocker when needed, if not, hey I got at least two cards for cheap. 2 purity seems a little much. Though, given too many buff cards, it could get out of hand quick tripled up with DoD and GI.

And the winners are...

Since no one did a location. Something I was toying with.

Corruption Source
At the end of each turn, all deployed characters get +2/-3. At any time there are no characters in play, Corruption Source is destroyed.

Thanks for all the entries. I will PM RikkiTikki the results and just catch him in game to get the prizes.

ToxicShadow, have fun running the next one!

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2016, 01:41:12 AM »
I was trying to go for something not generic like lose hp get a buff cuz i felt that would be incredibly boring but yeah guess that didnt work. I prefer cards with interesting "i didnt think about that" interactions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WP those who won. GJ toxicshadow fellow card desgin bro.

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2016, 11:35:29 AM »
Well, too bad I didn't make it.
Would've loved to host the next challenge. anyway, I'll try next time.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2016, 01:17:25 PM »
Hurray :). Thanks Hiding. Gonna start the new challenge soon.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »

Offline RikkiTikki

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2016, 10:31:11 AM »
Prizes have been distributed. Great job everyone, and good luck to those participating in the next challenge! :D

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2016, 11:49:12 AM »
RikkiTiki are you going to give the same prizes for the next challange too?