Author Topic: So, should I buy Star Trek Packs?  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
So, should I buy Star Trek Packs?
« on: April 04, 2016, 12:39:13 PM »
Hi folks!

So, I never got any of the Star Trek Packs, since a join the game.

Now, it is the last chance to do it... But, does it worth the investment? I never see the decks containing the Star Trek cards as fun or something like it... But I never played them... So, I am asking for you guys, who already tried and played lots of games with Star Trek:

What you guys think? Have those decks only for fun worth it?

Offline Cleanse

• View Profile
    • Message Cleanse on Infinity Wars Wiki
Re: So, should I buy Star Trek Packs?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:49:21 PM »
If you like Star Trek, yes. They have great art. They contain some references that you can tell whoever designed them either is a fan or REALLY did their research.

Otherwise, not really. Though the 2 Fed / 1 SoA Diplomatic Exploration deck to win by stealing your opponents characters is kinda fun in a goofy way.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 12:52:11 PM »
Dont get any star trek cards. No one plays with Star Trek cards and they will never be ranked legal. Would be a total waste. Dont fall for the get it while you still can line either. Remember less than 4 weeks ago when they told us to quickly buy up star trek while we still can.

For those wanting to purchase existing Booster/Blister packs that are currently available in the store, we encourage you to do it now or sometime before 1.4.12 is rolled out onto the live servers sometime in the next few weeks. Especially the Star Trek Blister Pack, Star Trek Phase One Pack, and the Omni Collector’s Pack since the cards from these packs will not be available in the new Penta Pack format.
Goose got me loose!

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 01:09:11 PM »
Dont get any star trek cards. No one plays with Star Trek cards and they will never be ranked legal. Would be a total waste. Dont fall for the get it while you still can line either. Remember less than 4 weeks ago when they told us to quickly buy up star trek while we still can.

For those wanting to purchase existing Booster/Blister packs that are currently available in the store, we encourage you to do it now or sometime before 1.4.12 is rolled out onto the live servers sometime in the next few weeks. Especially the Star Trek Blister Pack, Star Trek Phase One Pack, and the Omni Collector’s Pack since the cards from these packs will not be available in the new Penta Pack format.
"[...]in the new Penta Pack Format." Penta packs consist of 5 Cards. We get 1 of every Star Trek faction Card. That is not the Penta pack Format, so RikkiTikki didn't say anything false. Now however, he underlined that they will NEVER be sold again (which by the way also doesn't mean they will never be available again (possible backdoor for prizes)).

If you get them is really up to you, but don't make false accusations.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
I didnt make any false accusations. They definitely played on peoples fears of missing out only to turn around a couple weeks later and do the exact same thing.

Star trek cards may be offered in the future but currently there are no solid plans for making them available so if you want to get star trek cards, the time is now...

Annnnnd like 3 weeks later the time is now as well lol
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 01:16:10 PM by Adorabear »
Goose got me loose!

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 01:14:53 PM »
Dont fall for the get it while you still can line either.
I didnt make any false accusations.
You are indirectly accusing yodmare to be lying about this limited-last-time offer.

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 01:42:15 PM »
I need some Tribbles - if you want to buy and trade them afterwards to me, it was not wasted :)

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 01:52:36 PM »
I mean buy star trek if you want/like star trek, just don't fall for this fake scarcity crap. Its not like Lightmare is running out of star trek cards to sell ya know.
Goose got me loose!

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 02:03:20 PM »
Star trek cards are useless and illegal in ranked also banned in everyone of drews tourneys unless you like to collect something without playing it fine. Most players hate the pack and saw it as a waste of resources.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 02:31:27 PM »
I'd say buy them if you want them for collecting purposes, otherwise don't bother.

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 02:49:22 PM »
Folks, let me share some facts about the Star Trek packs so that you don't need to speculate.

The Star Trek license expires in a few days so we won't be able to sell them after this sale expires.  Rikki asked if we could put them up for sale for the last few days while the license was still in place because a number of players had contacted him, saying that they missed the opportunity to buy them last time.  Buy them if you want them for collection purposes or don't if you don't want them.

No conspiracy theory or ulterior motive here so please don't be so quick to accuse.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:56:56 PM by Crestmoor »
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 03:03:05 PM »
Are you even allowed to have them in the game if the license is expired?
Goose got me loose!

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 05:41:58 PM »
Yes they can.

The majority of IP licensing works on the agreement of monetization. They can have them in the game, they just can't do anything involving money with them anymore.

Kinda like the game "I Wanna be the Boshy!" where Solgryn used characters and assets from all over the gaming world. He could do that because he put out the game for free.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 12:10:15 PM »
Coming from someone who doesn't own a single Star Trek card, does anyone out there know what sort of trade value these cards hold? Let's single out U.S.S Enterprise--I assume it would be a low tier leg, but honestly have no clue. I'd love to try out that deck for funsies, but I definitely don't want to overpay by trading for the cards.

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 12:36:19 PM »
Coming from someone who doesn't own a single Star Trek card, does anyone out there know what sort of trade value these cards hold? Let's single out U.S.S Enterprise--I assume it would be a low tier leg, but honestly have no clue. I'd love to try out that deck for funsies, but I definitely don't want to overpay by trading for the cards.

When the cards will vanish from the shop - and they will be rly gone forever.

There is only one way the trading value takes. Sure, right now its nearly not existing and its a loooooooooong way up. But the direction is clear.

Right now, i think it should be at least a playable Leg or Epic for a Star Trek Leg. Dont think that a Gao Han or Aberion Champ is fair - even if the value would fit.