Author Topic: Creatures attacking/defending more than once  (Read 866 times)

Offline DofaDofa

• View Profile
Creatures attacking/defending more than once
« on: March 22, 2016, 05:40:22 PM »
I wrote a long diatribe about this once, but I found an example that anyone can see.

The problem is that some units defend more than once, some attack more than once.  The writing on the cards do not reflect this sometimes-random event, but it does happen.

Case in point is Mission 1 of Intermediate Academy missions.  Why can One of Many and Aleta attack more than once?  There is nothing in either card's description to show this ability.

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
Re: Creatures attacking/defending more than once
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 07:42:01 PM »
You still have failed to understand basic mechanics of the game. Again,

Blocking doesn't happen like it does in MtG. The first character in your defense zone will block until there are no more attackers to block or until it's dead, in which case the second character takes its place and so on until the attacking phase ends.
Each attacking character can only attack once, unless it has unstoppable (in which case it will attack again if it kills a defending character) or multistrike X (in which case it will attack X times, unless it dies beforehand).

On the mission you stated, the AI will never block, so there's no way OoM or Aleta are attacking multiple times. If you mean 'attacking' as in 'defending', yeah, that's how the game works.

Offline DofaDofa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 08:58:10 PM »
You still have failed to understand basic mechanics of the game. Again

I'm going to thank you and fuss you out at the same time. 

Thank you for explaining it to me!=D  I understand now that blocking is like water through a faucet:  The blocker is the faucet and the water the attackers.  As long as the attackers are flowing, the faucet blocks.

Now for the fussing out part.  Not all of us are $#@$#@n geniuses.  I wasn't born with a $#@$ing manual to understand how the $#@$ these games work.  You obviously aren't a mother $#@$ing genius either because if you were, you'd realize that people ASK QUESTIONS TO $#@$#@N QUESTIONS THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND! 

This sub-thread is "Community Helping Hands," not "Make You Feel Retarded For Asking A Question That You Can't Grasp."  This is not the Barrens, this is not Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, it's not even Candid Camera where you are wondering where the camera is hidden while you're answering a dumb question. 

I think they should change the name of the arrogant jerk at the opening of Scorpion to say "Hello.  My name is Symphony.  I have an IQ of 231, fourth only to Einstein.... blah blah blah."  I bet that the closest you've ever come to actually being in a symphony was listening to the music of your clever lines striking the water's surface in the toilet bowl. 

To make a long story short, thank you for your help---- but save the sarcasm and hoighty toighty almighty ego for church.

Judging by the fact that the last two posts I made a month ago are still front page, I don't think many people come here to ask questions to be amazed by your lightning fast intellect.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:08:55 PM »
You still have failed to understand basic mechanics of the game. Again

I'm going to thank you and fuss you out at the same time. 

Thank you for explaining it to me!=D  I understand now that blocking is like water through a faucet:  The blocker is the faucet and the water the attackers.  As long as the attackers are flowing, the faucet blocks.

Now for the fussing out part.  Not all of us are $#@$#@n geniuses.  I wasn't born with a $#@$ing manual to understand how the $#@$ these games work.  You obviously aren't a mother $#@$ing genius either because if you were, you'd realize that people ASK QUESTIONS TO $#@$#@N QUESTIONS THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND! 

This sub-thread is "Community Helping Hands," not "Make You Feel Retarded For Asking A Question That You Can't Grasp."  This is not the Barrens, this is not Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, it's not even Candid Camera where you are wondering where the camera is hidden while you're answering a dumb question. 

I think they should change the name of the arrogant jerk at the opening of Scorpion to say "Hello.  My name is Symphony.  I have an IQ of 231, fourth only to Einstein.... blah blah blah."  I bet that the closest you've ever come to actually being in a symphony was listening to the music of your clever lines striking the water's surface in the toilet bowl. 

To make a long story short, thank you for your help---- but save the sarcasm and hoighty toighty almighty ego for church.

Judging by the fact that the last two posts I made a month ago are still front page, I don't think many people come here to ask questions to be amazed by your lightning fast intellect.

I don't think Symphony meant to upset you - and I don't think you are being entirely fair here either. This question was answered months ago in the last thread you made about this issue.

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65768.msg155156#msg155156

For reference in case you don't remember.

Symphony addressed your confusion then and he addressed it again now. If anyone is out of line here I would say it is you.

Offline MakaAngzir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 10:40:37 PM »
@DofaDofa this was answered the last time you asked. Why would you not expect people to be a bit irritated that they are answerinh the exact same question to the exact same person?  You come off as one of those types who in a grocery store ask the price on an apple twelve times.

Offline DofaDofa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 12:06:42 AM »
Nah, I didn't mean to come off mean.  In the other post, I still didn't understand and have been trying to find an example since.  Even began recording my gameplay!

I apologize to you Symphony, I was just hot under the collar from another loss.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 11:27:18 AM »
Nah, I didn't mean to come off mean.  In the other post, I still didn't understand and have been trying to find an example since.  Even began recording my gameplay!

I apologize to you Symphony, I was just hot under the collar from another loss.
Just a small reminder. It is nice for you to apologize, but remember that this is not paid customer Service. People do not have to answer your questions and they do not have to be polite about it either. Ofcourse you have the right to flame whoever you want (until ofcourse you get banned), but Keep in mind that People might not be so attracted to help you anymore if you don't try and Keep your calm yourself.

You asked a question, you received a legit answer with only a slight pinch of rudeness. I know communities where you not only get an answer at all, but also get trolled in a manner that'll make you look infinitely stupid. Leaving you both angry/stressed and clueless.

If it was me, I woulda thanked for the answer (in hopes of getting help again when required, which you did) and in your case reminded the person politely that you are a new player and still didn't quite understand it. Ranting gets you nowhere, except maybe to the boss of paid customer service or the gutter.