Author Topic: Archived Interviews  (Read 555 times)

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
Archived Interviews
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »
An Archiving of the Interviews conducted in the Infinity Wars Gazette.
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
Re: Archived Interviews
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 04:19:56 PM »
~_ES_ Interview~

Q) How long have you been playing?

A) I started playing about a week before the Order set launch.

Q) What game mode would you most like to see introduced in Infinity Wars?

A) Probably will have to go with the Spectator mode, although an Auction house will be        awesome as well.

Q) Any Meanings behind your IGN?

A) Just my initials.

Q) What’s your real name?

A) Eli

Q) Favorite card in Infinity Wars?

A) I will have to go with Flame Dawn Fanatic for he is the embodiment of the Flame Dawn.

Q) Favorite Faction?

A) All hail aberion and the mighty Flame Dawn!

Q) What music do you listen to, if any, when you play Infinity Wars?

A) Mostly rock, like guns&roses,alice in chains,metallica etc.
But usually I just watch some tv shows like Gotham or GOT.

Q) Who’s the hottest Disney chick?

A) My first crush Jasmine  ::)

Q) Favorite combo in Infinity Wars?

A) I will have to go with Rite of rage + Fight.

Anything Else You'd Like to Share??

Q) Favorite Artwork?

A) Hehkeem, The corrupted

Q) Current Favorite game mode?

A) Draft.

Q) Favorite Conspiracy theorist?

A) Pupils, The Holy Roman Emperor.

FEB 13 2016

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
~Crestmoor Interview~

Q) What new factions would you most like to see introduced into the game?

A) Rather than a new faction, I'd actually like to see more done with Sleepers, particularly around the graveyard mechanic which has a lot of potential to do more fun things.  Pure Sleepers were one of my favorite factions when I was learning the game and they are super fun to play.  They're just not very competitive as a ranked deck right now.

Q) What modes would you most like to seen introduced into the game?

A) From the perspective of a dev, I'd like to see a pre-built deck PVP mode where newer players coming into IW can focus on learning how to play pre-built/curated decks before being thrown into constructed.  When I first started out in IW, the hardest ramp for me was learning how to build an effective deck as well as trying to counter constructed decks built by other players. 
  • As a player, I'd love to see Draft and Ranked leaderboards actually mean something more than they are today.  Besides meaningful rewards for ranking high on the draft/ranked leaderboards during a particular season/week, it'd be great if there was a "Hall of Fame" where players could be immortalized for being #1 on these boards.

Q) How long have you been developing games?

A) about 5 years

Q) What exactly is your role at Yodo1/Lightmare?

A) I head up the IW partnership between Yodo1 and Lightmare.

Q) What is your favorite card in Infinity Wars?

A) Omnimind

Q) Favorite Faction?

A) Sleepers, because dead things are cool

Q) What games do you play if you’re not playing Infinity Wars?

A) Right now, just IW and Hand of Fate, mainly due to time constraints.  In terms of my all time favorites though, I play games such as Dragon Age, Elderscrolls, Warhammer 40k DoW, Witcher, Divinity, MtG, M&M, etc.  so basically a big RPG/Strategy game buff.

Q) If you weren’t a Dev, what would you be doing instead?

A) Probably a lecturer/trainer/consultant of some kind.  I like learning new things and then sharing that knowledge with other people in an easy to consume format.

Q) Any meanings behind your IGN?

A) Crestmoor "Vonerik" was the name for a number of my first Pen & Paper D&D characters.  He was a fighter/thief his original form and I later re-rolled a monk under the same name.

A) Henry

Q) What music, if any, do you listen to while you play?

A) None.  I'm one of those people that like to turn up the in game music + SFX when playing

Q) Who’s the hottest Disney chick? (or guy if you’re into that)

A) errr....  I plead the 5th on this one.

Q) Favorite sport and team in said sport?

A) I'm not much for watching spectator sports but Soccer when I do watch.  Favorite sport to play would be tennis.

Q) Something happening in Infinity Wars that you want to talk about but just can't?

A) Pupils is actually a dev bot gone rogue.  We created him to replace Puffy but he somehow gained consciousness and took over global chat instead...

Any other info you're willing to share?

A) Hacker is not a hacker...  He's actually Puffy's smurf account

Heya Folks,

I've been recording some of my Rift Runs, both matches as well as the draft picks with voice over commentary to hopefully help those that are new to Draft mode more easily get started.  Posting the first couple of videos here and will be adding more as I record them.

Enjoy!

Drafting a new deck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fc6mGBdTTQ
Taking the new deck for it's first test run: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmOc-iL1j8g&feature=youtu.be
2nd Match with 3FD deck.  Get gg'ed on turn 6 :(:
https://youtu.be/vcEv-5-yijc

FEB 13 2016

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 05:31:09 AM »
~TheRealTuna Interview~

Q) How long have you been playing?

A) Started playing after Ascension, a couple months before Order was released.

Q) What game mode would you most like to see introduced in Infinity Wars?

A) I think 2v2 would be awesome if done right, and would add on a whole new, fresh layer to the game. Like everyone else, I also feel like the game badly needs a spectator mode.

Q) Any Meanings behind your IGN?

A) Back in the day when I played Super Smash Bros Melee competitively, my nick was just "Tuna." When my tournament matches would get uploaded, I'd put SSBM Tuna into youtube to see if I could study my matches to improve, and when I did this, other videos of other players whose tags were also Tuna appeared. Needless to say, they were all frauds and I was the one true real, so I changed my nick to TheRealTuna to separate myself once and for all from the tremendous fraudulence I had encountered.

A) Yaneev (the name is Israeli)

Q) Favorite card in Infinity Wars?

A) Shrine to the Heavens -- I know, maaaaaaajor shocker.

Q) Favorite Faction?

A) DoD

Q) What music do you listen to, if any, when you play Infinity Wars?

A) I typically don't listen to music when I play IW. Instead I'll sometimes have a TV show or movie running in the background while I play, to just have something familiar to listen to.

Q) Games you play when you're not on Infinity Wars?

A) 8) Currently checking out Blade and Soul which is pretty cool, Street Fighter 5 just came out which I will definitely be sinking a lot of time into, and I've been meaning to play / revisit some RPGs (Fallout 4, Mass Effect 3, Tales of Zestiria, etc).

Q) Who’s the hottest Disney chick?

A) As a Tuna ima have to go with Ariel and her luscious mermaid behind. Jasmine and Belle are definitely both fine too though.

A) Not really a sports guy, only thing I'll watch really is MMA, and there I'll always be rooting for the competitor who remains respectful and humble.

Q) Favorite combo in Infinity Wars?

A) Current favorite: Angelic Veil + Lone Keep + Anger of Veroria

Anything Else You'd Like to Share??

A) You are all frauds and I am the one true Real.

FEB 18 2016

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 05:32:09 AM »
~Elphie Interview~

Q) What exactly is your role at Yodo1/Lightmare?

A) I'm Chairman and Creator at Lightmare. Basically I make the companies hardest decisions with the teams advice and create either innovative solutions to it's problems or new products and programs. My thoughts and opinions here likely don't reflect the plans of either company.

Q) How did it end up that you would have a card named after you, i.e. Agent Coyle?

A) My vision was for every full time employee to have their own character, but not a lot of people wanted it; it even took a lot of convincing to have Ian create Tygris. I've had a rather casual acting career too, so when others weren't wanting the spots and people took to the character, I had no problems with him getting an expanded storyline and accompanying versions of him as he infiltrated each faction.

Q) What parts of the game did you help develop?

A) Most "innovative" aspects of the game (simultaneous turns, animated cards, Swarmers) were thought up by myself along with much of the game's mechanics on that one fateful night Ian and I sat down to create a truly digital but honoring of classic TCG style, card game.

Q) What was going on with the game after Oppression release when everyone thought the game was dead/dying?

A) We were in a state of limbo, the game had seriously started not going where we had intended it to go, so we needed a new plan. I insisted we needed to majorly shift direction. Out of all the plans I put forward, finding an excellent partner that could support us in making the game great was our best option in regards to our three priorities of scale, financial viability & creative freedom. Thankfully when I approached Yodo1, they loved the game and it's potential.

Q) Why was communication between you (the devs) and us (the players) non-existent before Yodo1?

A) Screw it, with the new deal I'm going to straight answer you on that. It was never my wish to not have much communication between Devs and Players. Every time I fought for it and communicated, we (and therefore I) over promised and under delivered. This caused more disdain than little communication so I reluctantly agreed to minimize the communication to what we knew was going to happen, when it was all signed sealed and ready to deliver.

Q) What new factions would you most like to see introduced in the game?

A) Personally, and this is not the opinion of most of Lightmare/Yodo1, I still have a dream, a dream of an Infinite mode balanced enough to have competitive mode with characters from the best parts of the Omniverse in it: Sub Zero, The Doctor, Gandalf, The Predator, even Darth Vader himself. Heck it was the reason I wanted to go with a multiverse concept in the first place, to create a space where this would be desired if not welcomed. Apparently public sentiment wasn't there, but as I foretold it's now happening everywhere so it might be at least well tolerated soon...

Q) What modes would you most like to see introduced in the game?

A) 4 Player multiplayer would change the face of TCG's for good, but it would take a heck of a lot of resources to bring to bear.

Q) How long have you been developing games?

A) Since I was 7, digitally on the Atari STe using an ultra Basic version of Basic and physically by creating an Advanced Monopoly. :)

Q) What is your favorite card in Infinity Wars?

A) Surprisingly I'm sure, my favorite card isn't an Agent Coyle, it's Patient Zero. When I first came up with the Sleepers (I still like the name "Zomborgs" better :P), the idea of a scarily powerful first Zomborg that could destroy you and turn you to the other side each turn was just pure assimilative joy.

Q) (Asked by Goldschuss) Which of the Agent Coyles so far is your favorite?

A) Thematically, thanks to the underpinning storyline of the two AC's merging is Agent Coyle: DivineDemonic, Visually it would be AC Zomborg coz *evolving card*.  :)

Q) Favorite faction?

A) Zomborgs, I mean Sleepers. I see this hybrid grey goo virus as a potential future for humanity, so putting it in the game as a veiled warning of what we may become was too good an opportunity. Plus they're way cool. ;)

Q) What games do you play if you're not playing Infinity Wars?

A) Heroes of the Storm, Eclipse (the freaking epic board game), Star Citizen, Overwatch. Looking forward to the Warhammer Total War and my next game I'm working on.

Q) If you weren't a Dev, what would you be doing instead?

A) I don't Dev a whole lot (thanks to not enough resources to bring all my ideas to life), and am doing a lot of what it is I would be doing instead:
and just generally enjoying life simply but deeply.

Q) How often do you play Infinity Wars?

A) No where near enough, Coop would change that in a heartbeat, so rally the powers that be if you want to have some more games with me. ;)

Q) What music, if any, do you listen to while you play?

A) Everything from Breakbeat, Psytrance to yes even Top 40. Though when playing Infinity Wars, I only listen to the epic beats of DJ AudioDriver, the legend I was the producer for to create the music in game.

Q) Who's the hottest Disney chick? (or guy if you're into that)

A) Definitely Rapunzel, and yup my beloved https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154600317850550&set=a.497008995549.299716.767980549&type=3&theater
looks hella like her (besides the hair, which she's working on), feel like I'm winning in life on that front! ;D

A) Competitive HotS (as IW doesn't have a competitive classic "Sport" aspect to it, yet). No fav team as I don't watch it enough.

Q) (Asked by Kas-Aki) Could you show the whole costume art of Hinekri?

A) That's a question for the artists, but I approve of this request. ;)

Q) Do you know if there are any plans for an Infinity Wars art gallery?

A) The closest I get to understanding this question would be pokedex style collection book, and I'm not at liberty to answer that. :P

Anything Else You'd Like to Share?

A) It's all here at www.elphiecoyle.com but I open myself to the right people who have great opportunities for Infinity Wars to contact me personally. Anyone who'd like to connect with me as a friend is welcome to at www.facebook.com/elphie

FEB 18 2016