Author Topic: [Weekly Post #3] Rift Run Rewards and Penta Packs  (Read 50888 times)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: [Weekly Post #3] Rift Run Rewards and Penta Packs
« Reply #165 on: February 29, 2016, 08:00:29 AM »
It is an Australian game, so it might be $1 AUD = 125LP / $0.71 USD = 125LP.  ;)
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:08 PM »
It's funny how suddenly everyone looses their minds about uncommons, when nobody cared about them before.

Gold and foils are now more accessible?
Yeah go ahead. People that argument that their collection is becoming worthless, I pity you... not.

If you decide to spend time or even real money into cosmetics, it's your own desicion with consequences then.
An online game is prone to changes.
And those saying "if my goldfoils lose their worth, I'm quitting this game" ah cmon if you play this game only for the golds, you might stop playing aswell.

If gold cards had additional stats or other bonuses compared to their normal versions i could understand it, but golds gives you nothing! It's just a cheap color effect.

It's the same with other online games though. They get limited/legacy stuff so they can look down on other players like: "haha look what I have and what you don't have, looser"
We don't need that kind of Kindergarden here

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #167 on: February 29, 2016, 12:59:33 PM »
It is an Australian game, so it might be $1 AUD = 125LP / $0.71 USD = 125LP.  ;)
This is how it works now and this is exactly what they want to change.

It's funny how suddenly everyone looses their minds about uncommons, when nobody cared about them before.

Gold and foils are now more accessible?
Yeah go ahead. People that argument that their collection is becoming worthless, I pity you... not.

If you decide to spend time or even real money into cosmetics, it's your own desicion with consequences then.
An online game is prone to changes.
And those saying "if my goldfoils lose their worth, I'm quitting this game" ah cmon if you play this game only for the golds, you might stop playing aswell.

If gold cards had additional stats or other bonuses compared to their normal versions i could understand it, but golds gives you nothing! It's just a cheap color effect.

It's the same with other online games though. They get limited/legacy stuff so they can look down on other players like: "haha look what I have and what you don't have, looser"

Gold gives cards their value. They have real money value because of how rare they are. Significant part IW's popularity based on the fact that it is one of the few digital TCGs on the market where cards have real value. And because of it some people have spent a lot on this game.

You want to tell them they are morons, and did it for nothing? I pity this game in that case because it will push away many of those who support it not only with their words but with their money.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:08:35 PM by Qfasa »
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 29, 2016, 01:35:37 PM »

Meanwhile 99% of the rewards in the game are entirely about saying "haha look what I have and what you don't have, looser". In fact we are about to have a blue rectangle to do that on top of all the golds, plats, foils, alt arts, avatars, titles, battlefields, card backs and deck effects...
So I kind of agree thats kindergarten level and we have a kindergarten rewards system. I mean how much more kindergarten does it get than learning about colours and shapes, like the colour blue and the shape of a rectangle and its soulbound which is perfect because we are in kindergarten and we haven't learned to share yet.
Goose got me loose!

Offline Johnny_Retro

• All Your Base Are Belong To Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 29, 2016, 01:44:59 PM »
Meanwhile 99% of the rewards in the game life are entirely about saying "haha look what I have and what you don't have, looser".
"Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time" - John Lennon

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 29, 2016, 01:47:07 PM »
Meanwhile 99% of the rewards in the game life are entirely about saying "haha look what I have and what you don't have, loser".

Not my life :P but point taken
Goose got me loose!

Offline Johnny_Retro

• All Your Base Are Belong To Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 29, 2016, 02:08:24 PM »
In nature, humans are stockpilers. Hoarding stuff is something we're doing through the ages.
It's also part of human nature, that individuals tryin' to work their way up in the respective group they're interacting with.
They also want to get rewarded for their (hard) work.

A system which operates with all these three things should only be changed very carefully.
Even more when people already achieved something through these factors.

That's my opinion about this whole discussion. =)
"Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time" - John Lennon

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 29, 2016, 02:53:29 PM »

Meanwhile 99% of the rewards in the game are entirely about saying "haha look what I have and what you don't have, looser". In fact we are about to have a blue rectangle to do that on top of all the golds, plats, foils, alt arts, avatars, titles, battlefields, card backs and deck effects...
So I kind of agree thats kindergarten level and we have a kindergarten rewards system. I mean how much more kindergarten does it get than learning about colours and shapes, like the colour blue and the shape of a rectangle and its soulbound which is perfect because we are in kindergarten and we haven't learned to share yet.

Alright, it might not fit so well for IW as anyone can get those rewards instead of being limited like in other games (except for alt. Art)
Then again I think alt. Art should be tradeable so they are accessible to everyone

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 29, 2016, 04:59:02 PM »

We don't need that kind of Kindergarden

this is a TRADING CARD GAME. Cards should have value what's wrong with that?
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 29, 2016, 10:11:05 PM »
Someone gets paid to read the random crap in this thread >_<

And I'm surprised no one has worked this out yet, but penta packs and the new rift system are not for our benefit.

Infinity Wars just needs to make more money.

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 29, 2016, 10:28:27 PM »
Someone gets paid to read the random crap in this thread >_<

And I'm surprised no one has worked this out yet, but penta packs and the new rift system are not for our benefit.

Infinity Wars just needs to make more money.
Well it dose need to make money there is other ways they can do that with out making there player base quit playing.

Offline electro13

• You've been bamboozled!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 29, 2016, 10:46:03 PM »
I care very little about the rift changes, but for what it's worth as one of the bigger collectors in the game I could not be happier about more premiums entering the rotation. Any real collector would benefit from premiums entering in greater amounts. There's flawed logic behind complaining about the decrease  in value premiums might see (as if people were buying them atm for anything worth it).

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2016, 12:09:54 AM »
I care very little about the rift changes, but for what it's worth as one of the bigger collectors in the game I could not be happier about more premiums entering the rotation. Any real collector would benefit from premiums entering in greater amounts. There's flawed logic behind complaining about the decrease  in value premiums might see (as if people were buying them atm for anything worth it).
Well you might think this will be a good thing for getting more premiums and such I would like to point out that as cards cost an extra 150IP each they need to make them about 1.5 times more likely to drop to net even the same odds of a gold to ip spent.

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2016, 01:22:12 AM »
Folks,

There's been lots of feedback, questions and comments from the player base and as promised, I've put together a consolidated post that tries to cover our response on as many points as possible.  Some things have been paraphrased for the sake of efficiency.

Will existing expansion boosters and decks be available after 1.4.12? E.g. Star Trek packs, etc.
We may introduce cards from packs that have been rotated out on a promotional basis but there are currently no plans to bring them back on a permanent basis.  If you want to buy the cards from existing packs such as Star Trek or Omni packs, we would suggest that you buy them now before the new update hits the live servers.

What about IP rewards for Rift Runs and discounts for buying a draft deck?
There are no changes to the IP rewards for rift runs or the price/discount levels for purchasing a draft deck after completing a rift run

Will there be draft balance changes in this update?  Ie.  Aleta Tinkerer in command zone?
Not with this update.  Draft balancing will be a separate exercise that we will be doing separately and it will be ongoing.

We think the current cost of draft is too low but the new cost of 2500 IP / 85LP seems prohibitively high, maybe 2000 IP per draft?
Appreciate everyone’s feedback on this topic.  The dev team has had a lot of discussing on this topic and modelled out draft costs vs rift run rewards (including both IP rewards and card rewards).  We are readjusting the new pricing at 2000 IP or 75 LP.

When will the alt art / premium packs be available?
We are designing and tuning these now, hopefully they will be available soon.

Will sleepers be rotated out?
Faction rotation plans have currently been put on hold pending a further design review so you can assume that for now, there are no plans to rotate out the Sleepers.

Will faction packs includes cards from packs that have been rotated out?  Ie.  If IW2013 gets pulled, does the faction packs include cards from IW2013?
Yes.  Faction Penta-Packs will draw from all cards in a particular faction.

Will daily login rewards be replaced with new penta packs?
Off topic for this thread but daily login rewards tuning is an ongoing process and we will keep reviewing/tweaking these rewards levels as the game evolves.  Currently, we feel that daily login rewards have shifted a bit too much and are now a bit light.  We’ll likely beef them up a bit in the near future.

What does this mean for the previous plans for a Foundation Set? Is that still planned? Would the Foundation Set be released as a Penta Pack as well?
Foundation set has been put on hold pending a further design review.

Rift Run Tokens.
We think the concept of Rift Run tokens is a great idea. The dev team has been discussing this and will prioritize the design/development of these into the roadmap.

Different costs/wagers for different rewards in Rift Runs.
We think this is a good idea but that different costs for Rift Runs need different queues in order to work properly.  We’ll be putting this into the roadmap for design discussion

Faction Penta-Packs cost too much at 3x the collection/expansion Penta Packs!
We hear you all and the price of Faction Packs is something that we’ve been jousting internally about for a little while as well.  To cut a long story short, the whole team agrees that faction Penta Packs should cost somewhere between 300-450LP.  After listening to feedback from the community and more internally jousting/discussions, we are adjusting the price of Faction Penta Packs to 300LP.

Why can’t faction packs be purchased with IP?
All cards that drop from faction Penta Packs can also drop from the Collection or Expansion Penta Packs.  The ability to target cards based on faction is a benefit that we would like to provide to players that are investing real money in the game which in turn helps fund the game’s continued development so that Free to Play players can keep enjoying the game as well.  We may on a promotional basis allow Faction Penta Packs to be purchased with IP for limited periods of time but there is no guarantee when, how frequently or at what price Faction Penta Packs will be available for IP purchase.

Too many premium cards flooding the game economy!
I think once everyone sees the injection points for premium cards in totality, you’ll realize that the market won’t be getting flooded with premiums, at most, the economy for premiums will become more balanced than it currently is today.  In fact, when you see the numbers that we see, most may agree that the current ratio of golds or foils in the economy is way too low to sustain a healthy trading economy.  Here are some high level numbers in terms of premium card %’s in the game economy as it is today:
  • 8.43% of all cards are Platinum
  • 0.03% of all cards are Platinum + foil
  • 0.22% of all cards are gold
  • 0.22% of all cards are foil
  • 0.01% of all cards are gold + foil

Will boosters that are currently stored in your inventory be deleted?
No. Boosters that are currently in your inventory will remain there and can be opened at any time.

Will there be a factionless Pack?
We are looking into the design of a factionless pack but this pack requires some special design considerations as well as further balance testing before it can be introduced.  Here is why we are treating Factionless pack design separately to other faction packs:
  • Factionless has a significantly smaller card pool than any of the other factions, thereby increasing the chances of getting particular factionless cards as opposed to other faction packs.
  • Factionless cards can be used in any purity deck, making them extremely versatile and powerful and having the ability to open a card pack with only factionless cards creates a powerful tool for deck building.
  • Some of the most powerful cards that can be combined with any deck purity is found in factionless.  Ie. Mortar Cannon, Martyr Golem, Zuza, Shikana, Calamity to name a few.  We want to carefully consider the pack design for factionless before introducing it into the economy.

How will pre-orders be handled?
There are currently no plans to change pre-orders but then again we haven’t discussed this a lot internally (yet).  When we have news about new sets/cards coming out, we’ll let you know more.

Will you publish the drop rates/target ratios for cards in Penta Packs?
No we won’t but we’ll be letting you all experience the drop rates for yourself on the PBE servers when they go up.  All new accounts created on the PBE servers will be given 500k LP so you can test out the drop rates for the Penta Packs for yourselves.

When you bolt LP pricing to US$, what will be the conversions rates?  Should we buy now or later?
That depends on how much you want to spend, if you’re going to buy a 125LP pack, then buying now will be cheaper.  The new LP packs will be designed so that the larger the LP pack you buy, the better the deal is.  In fact, buying more in one go with give extremely significant discounts on a $/LP basis.  Below is a table of LP pricing in $US when 1.4.12 goes live.

Price (USD)|LP Amount|LP per US$1
$1|125|125
$5|825|165
$10|1700|170
$25|4375|175
$50|9375|188
$100|25,000|250
$500|140,625|281
$1,000|312,500|313

Just tell us what the rift run rewards are.

OK, here’s the rift rewards table as they stand now.  Note that rewards in this table are subject to change:

1         Common
2         Common + Common
3         Uncommon + Common + Common
4         Uncommon + Uncommon + Common
5         Rare
6         Rare + Common
7         Rare + Uncommon + Common
8         Rare + Uncommon + Uncommon
9         Rare + Rare + Uncommon
10         Epic
12         Epic + Uncommon
15         Epic + Rare + Uncommon
18         Epic + Rare + Rare
21         Legendary
24         Legendary + Rare
27         Legendary + Epic + Rare
30         Legendary + Epic + Epic
35         Gold Common or above + Legendary + Rare
40         Gold Common or above + Legendary + Epic
45         Gold Common or above + Legendary + Legendary
50         Gold Uncommon or above + Legendary + Legendary
60         Gold Uncommon or above + Legendary + Legendary
70         Infinity Rare + Gold Uncommon or above + Gold Uncommon or above
80         Infinity Epic + Gold Uncommon or above + Gold Uncommon or above
100         Infinity Legendary + Gold Rare or above + Gold Uncommon or above 

Can you get multiple rares, epics, legendaries inside a Penta Pack.
Yes, if you are a lucky person.  All 5 cards in a Penta Pack have a chance to be any rarity.  All 5 cards in a Penta Pack also have a chance to be Gold, foiled or Gold and foiled.

Are rares now the new uncommon?  Is it much harder to get uncommons/commons?
No.

Are we only seeing part of the elephant?  Is there more to the elephant that we haven’t seen?

Yes, you are only seeing part of the elephant.  We are actively working on other parts of the elephant and we’re not ready to show it to you guys yet but the list of things that we are currently working on include (but are not limited to) the following:
  • PVE campaign missions + new rewards for the new PVE campaign missions.
  • Review of level up rewards
  • New vanities such as avatars, card backs, etc.
  • Lots & lots of new UI/UX tweaks, redesigns and optimizations
  • More new Penta Packs
  • A new “Fixed Deck Arena” mode for new players getting into PVP for the first time.
  • Helper tools for running tournaments
  • Better admin tools so that our Community Managers can create new packs/prizes and can run more adhoc events award prizes without the need for the dev team to make any code changes.
  • Killing the elusive “Endless Turns” bugs.  P.S.  We have recently made a major breakthrough on this front and I will be writing a separate article/post in the next couple of weeks to update you all on this.

What will happen to current runs when the new patch hits?
Current active rift runs will remain active once the new patch hits and when the run ends, the new rewards will be reflected.

Change rift run practice mode into a free rift run mode with no rewards
We think this could be a good idea and will flag this for design review/discussion.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:42:42 AM by RikkiTikki »
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2016, 01:43:19 AM »
·        Different costs/wagers for different rewards in Rift Runs.

We think this is a good idea but that different costs for Rift Runs need different queues in order to work properly.  We’ll be putting this into the roadmap for design discussion

I wouldn't split the queues until the player base is at least triple what it is now. Plus youd have the hassle of putting in different leaderboards and stuff. So if the queues need to be split id put this on the baaack burner.
Goose got me loose!