Author Topic: An Open Letter to the Cult of Verore  (Read 990 times)

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
An Open Letter to the Cult of Verore
« on: February 23, 2016, 11:30:35 PM »
Hey there

I know you're going through some tough times at the moment, what with your citadel getting wrecked, Aleta getting turned into Vasir's personal hamster, and the whole struggle for power thing going on.

Add on the oppression of the Overseers of Solace and you gals seem to be slinging around fewer death spells than you used to in the good old days.

Now there's one thing I'd like to make absolutely clear: we're not going to let you kill us, or forget all of the time that you spent trying to wipe us off the map. Or forgive you for making the Exiles. Seriously, properly and safely dispose of magical waste next time.

But that doesn't mean that we here in the DoD don't sympathize with your plight. For once in your lives, you've found some problems that a death ray can't fix. Namely Paladins of the Flame Dawn. And your own greed and lust for power. And the fact that you no longer have control of all of those demons you summoned up from Torment. So while I'm contractually obligated to remind you that you're arrogant fools meddling with powers that you cannot control, as it so happens there's a different, more pressing group of hubristic idiots attempting to take over the multiverse.

As it is, I'm willing to extend an olive branch here (protected by dragon prayers so you don't instantly vaporize it) on the behalf of the Descendants of the Dragon. You're not nice people. But you're a puffy of a lot nicer than Aberion and his sycophantic hordes of mindless aggressors. You understand skill and subtlety, the art of cunning, how sometimes there's more to life than just throwing a billion charging units into the attack zone. To be blunt, I can respect you as opponents in a way that the Flame Dawn can never achieve in its current state.

So why don't you take a moment away from your squabbling, Candit and Rita, to throw a few death rays at those crazy red-and-gold-armored fanatics pouring through the rifts? We'll even give you some structural tips when it comes time to build your next citadel. When it comes down to it, I think there's a strong chance that, if not friends, we can at least become allies. Until the Dawn is dealt with, anyway.

Sincerely,
Benionin
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Candit

• "I make this game, James." #Poga
    • View Profile
Re: An Open Letter to the Cult of Verore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:46:41 PM »
Alright! Let's hit them with an Oblivion Dragon's Prayer combo!
"Please cease with the bumping of this particular issue." #The_Universe

Offline MakaAngzir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »
Where is all the lore this post references?

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 12:45:20 AM »
Where is all the lore this post references?

Some of it comes from the cards themselves--Struggle for Power, for instance. The rest of it comes from (mostly older versions of) the campaign.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline MakaAngzir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 02:34:55 AM »
Awe .. here i was hoping to discover a huge amount of readable lote, like MtG has in novels

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 05:28:19 AM »
Awe .. here i was hoping to discover a huge amount of readable lote, like MtG has in novels

The closest thing I could get to you in the past was a summary of the lore that CthuluGirl provided a while ago, but unfortunately The Infinite-Network is down so it's no longer available.

However, be sure to check out the Lore and Fanfic sections of this forum, as there's some good stuff in there if you're interested in reading more.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline VefomeT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 11:18:36 AM »
Really nice, funny and informative post! Nice to know that Flame Dawn problem is not my concern only =)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 03:51:19 PM »
I sense a rival team being developed to face Brotherhood of Dawn.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 11:09:32 PM »
I sense a rival team being developed to face Brotherhood of Dawn.
+1  8)

Offline JTM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 02:49:13 AM »
War changes people. Friends become enemies. Enemies band together against worse enemies. In these troubled times, even the spiritually guiltless Descendants of the Dragons have allied themselves with the moralless sadistic Verore. May your Despair become your liberation.