Author Topic: Infuriated!!!!!  (Read 1148 times)

Offline DofaDofa

• View Profile
Infuriated!!!!!
« on: February 22, 2016, 09:46:45 PM »
I've met many of you before.  Probably fought against you too, and you probably won.  I have a gagillion hours in the game, and it was inevitable that we would meet.

I do not mind being beaten.  Well, yes, I do, but I don't rage about it.  Well, yes, I do.  I haven't thrown anything, though.  Score!

What infuriates me to no end is the random constant attacks by/to various creatures.  I've tried to pay attention to which ones do it, but it is so random.

To illustrate, picture One of Many.  Just sitting there, munching grass.  Then, from nowhere, enemies are trying to steal his nomnoms.  One of Many is joined by a couple friends (not important, they are just other stupid things) and they all get attacked in the defense lane to protect their nomnoms.

One of Many decides that he's suicidal and just attacks.  And attacks.  And attacks again.   Then drops dead.  All his other buddies wondered what got into him to do that.  No cards of magic were played to make him Unstoppable, no Hahkeems anywhere.

This happens ALL THE $#@$ING TIME.  My opponents (looking at you, ES and Hacker) seem to know the secret magical formula, but I $#@$ing don't. 

I went through the standard methods of deducement:  Maybe it attacked something because it killed something.  NOPE.  Was it because it had vigilance?  NOPE.  Was it because a magic card was played?  NOPE.  Hahkeem anywhere?  No, he was deported long ago.  NOPE. 

People say it's a bug.  Well, it's a $#@$ing $#@$#@ed up $@#$#@$#@$#@$#@%$#%ing bug.  It's bad enough the entire game can be a slaughter fest, death by turn 3 in one case, but not knowing how to defend?  Priceless.

SOMEONE $#$#@$#@%$#%#@ING HELP!!!!!!!  please.

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
Re: Infuriated!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 09:51:49 PM »
Your post is unclear and pretty much just rambling.

Unless you provide more details, it's impossible to tell you why a certain card interaction happened the way it did.

Online ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 10:02:58 PM »
hmmm i don't remember what happened in our match, I spoke to you before when you asked for help but unfortunately due to my poor wifi connection i cannot stream/record anything , hell, i can barely play at times, did you try any of the guides? tuna's rift guide is pretty good.

I get that you are frustrated, It ain't easy to win vs vets, had the same feeling when i started, but you'll get better eventually, just don't give up!  8)
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Heyheuhei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 10:03:25 PM »
hacker and es dont use cheats for sure

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »
My guess from the One of Many nomnoms story is that a character appeared to have unstoppable but you couldn't find the source?

Online ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 10:15:34 PM »
My guess from the One of Many nomnoms story is that a character appeared to have unstoppable but you couldn't find the source?

It's hard to tell but i think the one of many and a couple of other creatures are placed in the defense zone, to protect the numnoms(fortress) and then one of many dies in the defense zone.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »
I dunno it just sounds to me like one character blocked multiple enemy attackers and the OP doesn't understand how blocking works, so it seems to him that the characters have a 'reverse unstoppable' effect going on.

Although the post is pretty unclear so I could be way off base.

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 10:22:43 PM »
Perhaps he placed a One of Many into defense and then suddenly it was locked to the attack zone or something.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 10:29:09 PM »
I have no idea what I just read, but it made my night xD

Offline DofaDofa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 10:47:06 PM »
Sigh... I try to make a lighthearted post.......

Okay.  Scientific accuracy here.

During several matches, I have had the great misfortune of not knowing why some units are unstoppable and some are not.

Verily, I do declare that many units seem to have the random occurrence of blocking multiple units, or in other cases, attacking multiple units without any description of the aforeto mentioned abilities being ascribed to said multiple attackers/defenders.

Much gnashing of the teeth ensued when the card entitled, One Of Many (a beast, with delicate brown coloring and the appearance of a giant mole cat), blocked no less than four attackers in one simultaneous turn.  Other blocking cards awaited their turn to block, but their efforts were in vain since One Of Many decided to take the jobs of many.  Cards that could have attacked forthwith were wasted awaiting their turn to defend.

Alas, this problem also vexes me when it comes to attacking.  Some units will attack multiple times until they die/expire/desist/cease to exist.  There appears to be no symptoms that are noticeable when a unit is affected by this malady, and I am unable to deduce the causes.

Perhaps one of you persons with educations that surely exceed and surpass my own, rambling experience, can illuminate this problem and make it more succinctly apparent to those with such little intellect as my own.

And I don't want to hear it from you, Mr. 64 wins.  You must have been playing for weeks to get that score!=D

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 10:49:53 PM »
Then yeah, Merlin is right in the way that you don't fully understand the game mechanics.
Blocking is not done à la mtg. The first character of the defense zone will block until it's dead or the turn ends. It's not bound to block a single character a turn. Attacking, on the other hand, is done only once, unless a character has unstoppable either built in (Skraar, Skraar's Young), given by a character (Hehkeem) or an ability (unstoppable).

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »
There's also Multistrike, as seen on Emberstarter and Firestarter, where it will attack a specific amount of times each turn (provided it doesn't die first)
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 10:53:36 PM »
Then yeah, Merlin is right in the way that you don't fully understand the game mechanics.
Blocking is not done à la mtg. The first character of the defense zone will block until it's dead or the turn ends. It's not bound to block a single character a turn. Attacking, on the other hand, is done only once, unless a character has unstoppable either built in (Skraar, Skraar's Young), given by a character (Hehkeem) or an ability (unstoppable).

Or a character has Multistrike, Double Strike, or is named 'Decimator'.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 12:29:40 AM »
Your One of Many ate too many nomnoms and was stricken Mad by the mighty Cresill! >:D
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*