Author Topic: So what's keeping DoD from being buffed? my thoughts  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
Re: So what's keeping DoD from being buffed? my thoughts
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »
Before morale drain effects of any faction can be buffed, I think they need to introduce some cards to reduce morale drain, or allow you to gian morale. Because right now, the only way to save your morale for SOME factions, is to not play anymore characters.

The only factions with a way to stop morale drain are Flame Dawn (Unfazed) , Sleepers (Feast on the Dead) and DoD (Rally) That's 3 out of like 9 (p.s. we need another faction)

Factions that desperately need morale gain?

Exiles (The average cost has to be like 8 )
Overseers (The average cost probably 7)

Or Yobo in factionless.

I think the biggest issue with Morale drain isn't so much no way to recover from it as it is the potential nuke factor. In the same way that Siphoner on off priority + fear or demon of dark bargain or some shenanigans is probably less than healthy for the game having giant potential Morale nukes from nowhere with Ling Bao's will is probably not healthy.

But that's part of the calculated risk with putting characters out. There's always a chance that this can happen. And it's not just with ling bao's will. it can happen without it as well with board wipes like mass death you may still lose a chunk of morale. Anyway the point is you can DEFEND your fortress from damage but you can't defend your morale. The only way to protect it is to not put anything out. And Yobo does very little to protect you. a 7 morale boost just isn't enough. Troops need to not like him a lot more. maybe 10 or 15 would be more useful.
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 01:37:08 PM »
And Yobo does very little to protect you. a 7 morale boost just isn't enough. Troops need to not like him a lot more. maybe 10 or 15 would be more useful.

I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure he already gives a morale boost of 10, and not of 7.

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
Its also unfair that all moral cards remove themselves instead of going to the grave like the fortress counterparts.

It prevents them from being reused

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 04:54:03 PM »
Its also unfair that all moral cards remove themselves instead of going to the grave like the fortress counterparts.

It prevents them from being reused

They used to be like most other cards and weren't removed from game, but LM changed that a long time ago. Have to admit that I forgot the reason for that change, though.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2016, 10:59:57 PM »
And Yobo does very little to protect you. a 7 morale boost just isn't enough. Troops need to not like him a lot more. maybe 10 or 15 would be more useful.

I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure he already gives a morale boost of 10, and not of 7.

Yup, morale boost of 10 and... removed from the game after...