Author Topic: Advice on "Next Steps"  (Read 596 times)

Offline ozmiz

• View Profile
Advice on "Next Steps"
« on: February 20, 2016, 04:09:14 PM »
Started playing through the Tutorial / Campaign and some of the Academy Challenges yesterday. Decided that was very fun and I would like to keep playing IW!

Now I'm just not sure what to do next. I don't have a deck to speak of, not a lot of IP so don't want to waste that foolishly. What should I be doing next to keep building up experience / levels?

Up until now, I have been depending on the Campaign and Challenges for xp, but that is a one time shot; so any advice would be very appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:11:06 PM by ozmiz »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
Re: Advice on "Next Steps"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »
Try playing some bots to get familiar with your decks and you can also gain exp and ip from it as well if I'm not mistaken. After that (or when you get bored) you should play constructed. please note, you will often lose, but you will get better with every game. The only way to get better is by playing against players who are better than you.
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 10:07:48 PM »
You can also use the weekly free decks to rack up some IP. They're not groundbreaking, but they're definitely decent and playable. Spend the IP on collection packs, or, if you're looking for a specific card, find out which set has it and aim for that one.

But yeah, pretty much what Wayfinder said already. You can play bots if you fancy that sort of thing, or jump right into normal games.

Also, you can play with people you know or just challenge someone in chat. Or feel free to PM me (same IGN as here) and we can play a few games. I can give you some basic hints and pointers on deck building and gameplay.

Welcome to the game, hope you enjoy your stay.

Offline ozmiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 12:47:26 AM »
Thank you both for your replies.
On playing others, should I do Constructed or Draft?

EDIT:
Nevermind.... figured it out. The answer is Constructed.
Played a few games, dying super fast and understanding a tiny bit what happens at times. In that sense I guess it is learning :P
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:32:28 AM by ozmiz »

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 01:25:50 AM »
I'd suggest starting with constructed. Just to get a good feeling for the game before you head off to draft. Simply because you need to pay IP or LP for draft, whereas constructed is free.

There's no harm in trying to make a draft deck though. There's a bunch of guides on the forum somewhere on making one successfully.