Author Topic: THE INFINITY WARS GAZETTE!!!  (Read 4555 times)

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
THE INFINITY WARS GAZETTE!!!
« on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:29 PM »
EXTRA EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

Hey guys, Wayfinder here.
I'm reaching out to our new Devs to find out a little more about them personally as well as
Infinity Wars-ively. What makes them tick? What keeps them awake at night?
What are they playing when they aren't on INFINITY WARS?

But I decided, why stop there? Lets find out more about the creators and some of our top players too! So I'll be reaching out to the dev's and creators Ian and Elphie, plus anyone
who's occupied the top 5 of the leaderboards to find out more about them to add
excitement to the lives of us "little" people.  8)

!! NOTE: Please don't respond with questions on the forum post. I want to add any questions you might have to the interview set of questions. On that note(hehe it's punny), if you have questions you want to ask please PM ME ON THE FORUMS so that I can ask them during the interview!  ;D

I'll let you know who I'll be interviewing next, and you'll have a few days at a minimum to PM ME ON THE FORUMS some questions you'll want asked. Not all will be asked mind you and the devs particularly may not be able to talk much about the future. But dammit we'll ask anyway!!

Update: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An ancient video I found on YouTube that appears to be an interview about the creation of Infinity Wars: :3 neat! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OOQqzBt9-Y
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:21:21 AM by Wayfinder1026 »
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
Re: THE INFINITY WARS GAZETTE!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:45 PM »
Future Interviewees (please remember if you have questions to ask them PM ME ON THE FORUMS so I can include them in the interview):

MerliniX , ES , TheRealTuna , Elphie , Ian , Crestmoor , CannonFodder, RikkiTikki , Teremus , Adorabear , Pupils , HeliosAFlame, Logadd , Chappie, DrewUniverse, BestSakuyaNA , Orissolve, ETC.... (in no particular order) We'll start with these, and I'll update the list as we get more and more peeps from the dev team and in the top spots and winners of tournaments, etc, etc, bullet point, bullet points...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:33:00 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:57 PM »
So the next 2 to be interviewed!!!

CannonFodder (The mysterious man who was the first to contact the community during the dark days announcing the possible merger. Has vanished from the forums as quickly as he came. Searching for him will be an ordeal... But we'll give it a try!)

Please PM Me Personal questions you've definitely been wondering about! :) I'll approach him with questions in about 2-3 days so Hurry and PM me here! :)

Orissolve (The residing naysayer of doom! If there's an exploit or a crack in the armor of whatever you've got planned he's the one to find it! I hear tell he's a detective for the truth!)

Any personal questions for Orissolve? PM me and let me know, and I'll be sure to ask him for you! :D Like CannonFodder, I will be interviewing him in 2-3 days so hurry. :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:38:27 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 03:38:10 PM »
~Ian Interview~

Q) Do you believe in Infinity Wars?

A) Yes, I believe in Infinity Wars. I believe it has really solid foundations in it's core gameplay, and it's just a matter of execution. We're a small company and relatively inexperienced (and poor) when we started the game, so that execution has been a constant struggle for us, but those are problems we are able to fix over time. Yodo1's backing behind the game has really helped us in those regards.

Q) What exactly is your role at Lightmare?

A) I'm the Lead Game Designer, which basically means I call the shots as to how the gameplay runs, and lead the development team when creating the game. Basically, if anything ends up in Infinity Wars itself, it's gone through me at some point. However, that doesn't mean I get to just do whatever I want! There's upper management in Lightmare above me, and pretty much anything outside the game itself (community management, pay, resource allocation etc) are outside of my jurisdiction.

Q) How are things going for you now with the new merger?

A) Things are going really great! I've been nothing but impressed with Yodo1. When the CEO of the company can come to me and intelligently discuss the latest meta decks of your game, it's very flattering and confidence building. The people running this company really “get” Infinity Wars and TCG's in general.

Q) How many hours a week do you actually play Infinity Wars?

A) I try to spend at least half an hour each work day playing the game on the live servers, usually on smurfs, I don't like players knowing who I am, I'd rather strike up conversations and get actual opinions rather than ones modified by blue text. Also I'm shy. So assuming you don't mean playing on the test servers working on the game, it'd be like 2-3 hours (on the test servers it'd be like... up to 30 hours a week). When it comes to playing in my free time, it comes down to how much my friends are playing lately. My circle of friends tends to cycle through different games we're playing at the time, so when the Infinity Wars bug hits them, I end up playing a lot more. I also end up playing a lot more when doing card design for a new set so that I can really reground myself in the current meta and what the game needs, compared to when my current project is something like a store revamp.

Q) Do you feel this is enough or would you like to play more?

A) I do want to play more, but there's only so much time in a day. When I get home I want to spend time with my friends most of all, so I guess I need to convince them to play IW some more!

Q) Why has it taken so long for new cards?

A) It's no secret, we went through a period where all the money had dried up and development of the game had all but stopped. We had a lot of plans for new cards, but without the money we had to stop production on new sets. Normally card sets are created on a rolling system (while Order is being released, Oppression is well into production etc) so getting that rolling again after it's been stopped means there'll be quite a gap.

Q) Ideally, how often would you want new cards to be released?

A) Originally my answer was a 100 card set every 4 months, so that's what we aimed for before. That number was mostly based off of my history playing other TCG's. After a lot of discussion with Yodo1, we've started talking about having smaller but more often releases. We feel like that will keep the game fresher as there will be new content coming out and changing things up more often. How exactly we'll get there is something we're still discussing a lot.

Q) What was happening with the game after Oppression release?

A) Unfortunately, Infinity Wars was always running in the negative and around Oppression all the money finally ran out, so upper management had to drastically cut back on its development resources (including myself, I was moved onto other things). It was a pretty dark time, even though I felt that Oppression was by far our best set yet. When Yodo1 approached us however, we were able to put resources back into the game.

Q) How many of the original members are left? Why?

A) Of the original team, there's three team members: myself, and Pat (the artist) and Ashley our server programmer. Most of the other staff has either left over time or moved onto other branches of the company.

Q) What modes would you most like to see introduced in the game?

A) I'm not really a big fan of alternate game modes, rather I think the variety of the game should rest on the cards. Certain cards can completely change a game, after all. The problem with game modes (like say, a mode where you gain 2 resources a turn), is that we have our current rules because we determined they were the best ones for the game, and the game was created around the default mode and designed to be most fun in those conditions.
However, I do understand that what players are asking for when they ask for game modes is more variety in the game. I think the idea of a rotating set of fun game modes would be fun.

Q) What new factions would you most like to see?

A) I'd really like to see a faction that does the “aggro-control” archetype well. Flame Dawn and Overseers have both dabbled in this, but they focus more on overwhelming the opponent than fielding just a few threats and playing well played control game around that clock. It's an archetype I think is really interesting.

Q) How long have you been developing games?

A) In a sense since I was nine, where I'd make games for my brothers and friends with Klik and Play (more or less the first “Game Maker” type program, made by Maxis. RIP). Professionally, I've been making games since I was 22. I'm 30 at the moment.

Q) Any meanings behind your IGN?

A) Well I actually have two, Toysparafucile and Keja.
  • Toysparafucile is my dev account and comes from Sparafucile, a really cool assassin from a series of books by Margaret Weis called Star of the Gaurdians. His name, in turn, comes from an Italian play.
  • The other name, Keja, is my main one for games I play. Nothing special to it, it's just a name I came up with for my World of Warcraft character, where I wanted a female character but wanted a name androgynous enough that I wouldn't mind being called it.

Q) What's your real name?

A) It's just Ian Underwood! I've had a few people tell me it sounds like a “hollywood name”, but it's actually just my name, I don't hide behind any sort of fake name.

Q) Why haven't you accepted my Facebook friend request?

A) Haha, sorry Wayfinder1026(edit), it's just that I have a policy of not adding people unless I'm quite close to them. Maybe if I get famous enough I should create another, more “public” profile.

Q) When will you be making another Youtube vid for Infinity Wars showing off the sexiness that is your Tygris face? (and possibly Deflect face)

A) So many people think I'm the Deflect guy, but that's actually a Kickstarter backer. That is me as Tygris however.
Like I said though, I'm generally somebody that stays out of the public eye, I'm pretty socially introverted. I just want to make games.

Q) What is your favorite card in Infinity Wars?

A) Hmmm. There's a few favorites, based on what criteria I'm judging it on.
  • Ferocity is such clean design that actually does so many different things, while seeming very simple on the surface. In elegance of design, it's my favorite.
  • Mass Death really represents what Infinity Wars is, and does a lot to keep the game in check. As frustrating as this card is to play against sometimes, I feel the game would kinda fall apart without its presence, there always needs to be that level of board wiping threat. It was also an important learning experience for me as a designer. Before, my games didn't punish mistakes hard enough, and the gameplay really suffered as a result, none of the actions you took really felt like they mattered. Mass Death, as I'm sure you all know, punishes misplays very, very hard, and I think that's important for a competitive game.
  • Finally, Fiery Wish is my favorite art. Pat always does really great work, and this card is just my favorite one of all.

Q) Favorite faction?

A) That's a dangerous question, because no matter who I say, somebody's going to go “ah ha, I KNEW IT, that's why X faction is so strong!” so I'm going to actually just tactically decline this one!

Q) Can you give us an example of the complexity of the code of each card?

A) The code behind an individual card is usually not that complex, unless the card is doing something weird. The code which ties them all together is where the complexity comes in.
From a technical perspective of a single card however, it's usually just an override to various virtual functions. So for example, the Mass Death Card class overrides the virtual function of OnAbilityEffectResolution to destroy everything on the battlefield.

Q) What games do you play when you're not playing Infinity Wars?

A) Oh man I could go on forever. I generally have one “main” game that I'm playing and being really competitive about. At the moment that's League of Legends, but historically it was World of Warcraft and Magic: the Gathering. I'm also always playing a lot of single player story-based games, Undertale and Witcher 3 being the best ones I've played lately.

Q) Something happening in Infinity Wars that you want to talk about but just can't?

A) There's a lot in the works! Our policy is not to talk about something until it's ready to go onto the test servers (either internally or publicly) just because so much can change or needs to be canceled and then we've dug ourselves into a PR hole. Too often our excitement has gotten the better of us and gotten us in trouble, haha.

Q) What music, if any, do you listen to while you play?

A) Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm playing League, it's I Need You by Actium on loop for hours, that song just puts me in the right mindset for the calmness and patience you need to play that game right. If it's mindless “slaughter everything” PvP like battlegrounds in WoW, it's a bunch of heavy metal or industrial like Fear Factory and Celldweller (I play a warrior, you need that kind of music to crit more).

At work, I basically listen to two types of music while I work. If it's programming and I need a clear mind, it'll be “space” music like Solar Fields. If I'm doing creative work, for some godawful reason I need to be listening to the trashiest pop music I can find.

Basically my music is always used to enhance what I'm doing at the time.

Q) Who's the hottest Disney chick? (or guy if you're into that)

A) Belle, nobody else comes close. She's a bookworm and one of the only Disney girls who's appeal is mainly based on her being a good person. I've also always related to her, being somebody that grew up in small towns and wanting more, and always been super overexcited and wanting to talk to everybody about whatever book / game / show I'm into at the moment and being ostracized for it.

Q) If you weren't a dev what would you be doing instead?

A) I'd probably become an author. It needs to be something creative, though.

Q) Top 3 goals you have for Infinity Wars?

A)
  • To make the game gain widespread acclaim and for it to be considered one of the main “competitive games” alongside games like League of Legends, Counterstrike and Magic.
  • For it to continue to thrive and grow for many years to come.
  • To remake all the systems within the game the way the game deserves, but weren't able to with our resources the first time around.

Q) Top 3 goals you have for yourself?

A)
  • To make great games that I'm proud of.
  • After that...um... to live with a girl I'm in love with and live a comfortable life with enough money that I'm free to live life how I wish (which basically means making the games I want to make and playing games).

Q) What are you favorite animes?

A)
  • Death Note,
  • One Piece,
  • Naruto,
there's really a whole ton.
Honorable mention: the first 14 episodes of Sword Art Online.

Q) Which Infinity Wars character is your waifu?

A) Xi. I'm sure you can notice the trend that I like quiet, humble types.

Q) Anything else you'd like to share?

A) I'm really glad the community is so passionate about Infinity Wars. For a long time I thought I'd never make something that strangers around the globe would really fall in love with like I do with other games, which is the real proving ground of a game designer. It's amazing to see people talk about the game so much. I also pretty much have read every single guide you guys make and post on the forums, I love reading guides! I think I have a guide addiction, I was the same with MTG, I'd read more guides than actually play the game...

Getting back on track, seeing people become so invested in the game is great, and I'm always trying to make sure I don't let you guys down. I know sometimes it's a hard road, and we've fallen often. Somewhat foolishly, we've always been trying to deliver a AAA game on a more or less indie budget, but it keeps me going knowing that the community is so passionate about this game.

MARCH 24 2016
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:31:59 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 03:38:22 PM »
~BestSakuyaNA Interview~

Q) How long have you been playing?

A) I started playing Infinity Wars sometime during early Infestation, maybe even Infestation Release, hard to remember honestly.

Q) When’s your next Infinity Wars stream?

A) It's often hard to find time to stream with my current schedule. Ideally I'll be trying to switch my schedule to stream early in the morning, around 8 am to 12 noon Eastern Standard Time. It's not ideal but people can always watch the VODs later on. I'll still occasionally do late night streams without commentary though.

Q) Will it have commentary?

A) The morning ones likely will, but the night time ones will not (again, Eastern Standard Time).

Q) What game mode would you most like to see introduced in Infinity Wars?

A) Anything that aids the new player experience. The high level, veteran competitive meta is fantastic and doesn't really need much touching outside of a better Ranked system. Content oriented around new players is where Infinity Wars needs to focus now.

Q) Exactly how does one become a member of OTK?

A) When Merlinix, Heliosaflame, Logadd, and I founded the team, it originally wasn't intended to be anything serious. Now, we play and stream multiple card games competitively, offer coaching, have an official website, and are even developing our own game. The extended staff has expanded significantly since the original team's creation. To join OTK, you'd need to offer us something we need that we don't already have, but our Contact section of the website is fully operational and waiting for your application :) http://oneturnko.weebly.com/()   

Q) Who's the best player in OTK?

A) I used to think Merlinix, Heliosaflame, Logadd, and then myself for skill level from best to worst in that order, with us all being very close. Now though, I'm not sure who's the best on the team. We should definitely do some sort of exhibition at some point in the future and find that answer on a stream, haha.

Q) How long have you been a member?

A) I was one of the original founders, and one of the two guys pushing for the team scene originally in the first place. Without Teremus and myself, I'm not sure if any IW teams would have actually existed, haha.

Q) How much do you charge for coaching?

A) We try to be as reasonable as possible of course. Our goal is to lower the skillgap between new players and veterans (which is a very serious issue in Infinity Wars especially) more so than to just make money. The problem is that when you work a 50-60+ hour work week, it starts to get difficult to dedicate your time to teaching players for hours at a time for free when you could be sneaking in an hour or two more of sleep. If I could work in some way with the competitive gaming scene full time, be it coaching, streaming, or whatever, I totally would, but right now it's simply not feasible. Paid coaching is somewhat of a foot in the door for that business, but again, we work with our clients individually to make sure they're paying a price they feel is reasonable.

Q) Any Meanings behind your IGN?

A) A long time ago, I changed my League of Legends handle to BestSakuyaNA as a reference to a handful of other league players such as Best Riven NA. However, the name stuck more so than any handle I had used previously, so the name stuck. I'm still Mori on sites like Advance Wars by Web, but anything new I get into has the BestSakuyaNA name on it for good now, haha.

Q) What’s your real name?

A) Rory's my first name, and if people really want to find my last name, they just need to look in the obvious places :)

Q) Favorite card in Infinity Wars?

A) Most of the relevant meta cards to be honest. Klore, Splitter Robot, Gao Han, and so on. Dojo and Box of Wonder are also pretty cool, new creative cards. It's hard for me to pick a favorite for mechanics. My favorite art is Blood Bath of course.

Q) Favorite Faction?

A) Really tough question. Flame Dawn is the easy answer, but I've been playing a ton of Descendants of the Dragons lately. I kind of like all the factions to be honest.

Q) What’s your favorite anime?

A) Not sure if I have a favorite. I like a lot of the classics like Cowboy Bebop, and I enjoy comedies like Nichijou, but some lesser known stuff I like includes Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero. Also, I'm a huge fan of the Berserk manga, which is related I suppose haha.

Q) What music do you listen to, if any, when you play Infinity Wars?

A) A huge variety to be honest. Anything from anime/rap mashups to progressive metal to the Hamilton soundtrack. Longtime favorites of mine include Ken Ashcorp and TripleQ. I'll share some of their stuff below if you want to check them out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioTQ7erZD1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z47MjSrem0

Q) How often do you play Infinity Wars?

A) I try to log on and play a few games once a day, so I spend at least an hour or two a day logged in probably. I definitely have way over 2000 hours clocked in on the steam client at this point, haha.

Q) Who’s the hottest Disney chick/guy?

A) I honestly don't follow all that much live-action disney stuff that much, so I don't really have a good answer haha. If Mulan was real she'd probably be super chill though.

Q) Favorite combo in Infinity Wars?

A) This isn't a very big combo at all, but using Dojo on your priority to zip characters to safety before your opponent can hit them with most abilities, then unloading dojo on their priority, dodging anything from mass death to calamity. It's a really simple interaction that I enjoy immensely. Obviously cards like Demon of Dark Bargain have really expanded the potential for complex combos for Infinity Wars, but some of the simpler interactions are just as cool to me.

Q) Anything else you’d like to share?

A) I mentioned this vaguely earlier, but I'm working on an original card game with around a dozen or so other developers and testers. We're hoping to show some progress in the upcoming months, so stay tuned for details!

MARCH 24 2016
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:58:04 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 03:38:33 PM »
~Pupils Interview~

A) Kali kali , kali ward , Hides her hand and plays the board
    Though her smile might convey , She would be easy prey
    Her eyes held a flaming sword

A) Id like to see a combined-raiding boss system similar to the ones used in Warmetal : Tyrant

A) Its a joke about boys being made of Snips and Snails and Puppy dog tails .  Pup-ils is the first 3 letters of Puppy and the last 2 letters of Snail , implying that just like in the book series Animorphs , our brains are manipulated by very highly advanced alien slugs that fit inside our ears and flatten out over the brain itself allowing them to modify its electric impulses , or rather that the concept is a metaphor for an ever more elaborate series of mechanisms put in place by the shadow cabal that controls all of our lives and lies to our faces while laughing at our deliberately induced misfortunes .

A) Nemo Caution Cornelius Binks

A) Airbourne Scientist

Q) Favorite Faction?

A) Enyah

A) Nothing but love songs

A) Literally 100% of the time .  If i have to leave for any reason , i make sure to take a Tardis back to nearly the precise moment where i left off , so that my presence remains constant and unbroken .

Q) Who’s the hottest Disney chick? (or guy if you’re into that)

A) Mushu

A) Firestarter + Give him a Jetpack !

Q) Are you Elphie Coyle?

A) If i was , do you actually think i would tell you ? 

Q) How old are you?

A) 27 earth years

Q) Where do you live?

A) In a pineapple under the sea

Q) Are you a dog sled racer?

A) No i am a cyborg designed in an underground laboratory to be the perfect top-secret human weapon .

Q) How often do you eat trident layers gum?

A) Never tried it

Q) How did you discover Infinity Wars?

A) I was guided here by the Song of Nephilim

Q) What other games have you played?

A) Spin the bottle , with your mom

Q) How would you describe The Holy Roman Empire?

A) Its basically Naruto with laurels and togas

Q) What is your role within The Holy Roman Empire?

A) I mostly sell propane and propane accessories .

Q) Can you please describe the Gladiator Arena?

A) It is a place for those who do not have a home .

Q) Can you describe the faults with the current USA prison system?

A) It is a diseased for-profit system that basically treats men like dumb animals, as such it is insulting to their Honour as Men to live in such a way, and insulting to the Humanity of our entire human race that we would allow such a sick practice to proliferate .

Q) Do you believe in aliens?

A) It is irrelevant if i believe in aliens. To put it another way, if you asked me if i believed in Jesus Christ [or any other central religious figure], i would say that i believe in the Virtue that figure represents , and to argue over weather or not the figure 'really exists' is both missing the point, and insulting to their basic message .

Q) Are you an alien?

A) If i went to any planet other than Earth i would be called as such, therefore it must be so.

Q) What is the best way to kill a bear?

A) With kindness

Q) If a 10 year old child were to steal an apple from you for the second time, would the punishment of chopping off one of his hands be too cruel?

A) I dont own apples. It is impossible for some one to steal from me because i dont make claims of possession toward material objects.

Q) In your own words can you please describe females?

A) You know that feeling you get when you lean back in your chair, and you lean a little too much and feel your balance suddenly shift as you start to fall backwards, so your feet kick forward and your head snaps up and because you overcompensate for the lack of balance then the front legs of your chair slam down on the floor really hard?

Q) How would you treat others who have mental disabilities within the empire?

A) I guess the thing about the empire is, every man has to kind of look out for the next man to his left and right side.  We have the technology these days to determine in early stages of pregnancy if a child has physical or mental defects.  But i try to hold my self to the highest possible standard, and in my right mind i can say with some great rationality that i would not personally enjoy living with the burden of a handicap, nor would i enjoy seeing another person struggle with such a burden, and from a purely logistic sense it presents a sort of liability so, take that as you will .

Q) Who is your favorite superhero?

A) Aqua-man

Q) If you were Batman would you save Rachel or Harvey?

A) Again, you know i have been over this.  Because my love for rachel is clear minded and Un-selfish, i would understand explicitly that she would want me to save harvey, both because she loves him , and she understands from a logistic perspective that it is more important to the future of gotham that he survives.  I also would know with a small amount of forethought that if i did choose rachel over harvey, i would eventually have to explain to her how i intentionally made that decision with selfish motives.  So by making the right decision, i would have unknowingly saved Rachel instead , and she would probably forgive me for it based on the knowledge that the Joker tricked us, that Gordon and the other members of the GCPD would be able to attest .

Q) When the Joker gave the Prison population and the Civilian population each a button to destroy each other with a bomb and from doing so your own lives would be spared, and you were within the Prison population, what would you have done?

A) As i said before the whole scenario is ridiculously implausible, to the point of being unbelievable. Because i would not be able to suspend my disbelief that the setup was legitimate, i would inherently be forced to make the decision based upon the clear understanding that i was being tested, and thus the 'correct' answer is inherently obvious .

Q) What is your Kryptonite Pupils?

A) I enjoy a good pair of slacks

Q) Would you prefer a girlfriend that is either mute, deaf, or blind?

A) Mute is the only obvious choice here. Not even as a joke about women talking too much, just because its a million times less inconvenient in general for the both of us.

Q) How often do you play a real game in Infinity Wars?

A) Several times a day

Q) Are you afraid of bugs?

A) I have a fascination with all different types of biology.  Nothing scares me but the idea of bugs touching me makes me as uncomfortable as im sure it makes everyone else , but ive been trained to react with slow and careful precision so depending on the situation id be able to ignore it without flinching

Q) If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

A) Inside a gigantic hall carved into the side of a mountain above a hotspring in the himilayas or some high alps

Q) Would you marry Christian Bale if he proposed to you?

A) I would , but it would be understood in advance that the arrangement would be 100% platonic and for political reasons , and we would continue to see other people .

Q) Are you a cyborg? If so, explain how this came to be and/or what century do you come from.

A) The government / existing powers willfully infected me with a nanite-based retrovirus , which technically makes me a cyborg .  And i'll always be a 90's kid

Q) Describe your ideal woman.

A) Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Q) Describe your ideal man.

A) Basically someone who doesnt play into stereotypes , isnt selfish , who has an open mind and a relentless desire to learn and improve the world in general

Q) Describe your ideal dogs used for sled racing.

A) They must be swift as the coursing river , with all the force of a great typhoon , and all the strength of a raging fire

Q) What is your favorite animal?

A) Puffins

Q) What is your favorite mythological creature?

A) Manticore

Q) Who do you think deserves to be Ranked #1 in Infinity Wars?

A) Adorabear is currently #1 , which must means that he deserves it .  In general i think he loves this game as much as anyone , you get out what you put in

Q) What is love?

A) Love is the magnetic feeling you have toward some one when you know they see you in a positive light , and you are comfortable being your true self around them , and you feel like a better person as a result of having them there to inspire you .

Q) What is the meaning of life?

A) To experience a sense of wonder as a result of perceiving things that you do not understand , the compelling desire to learn more and explore new territory , and having people around you who inspire you and resonate with that compelling sense of wonder

Q) If you could time travel to the past only to meet yourself and have a 30 minute conversation, would you do it? If so, what would you tell yourself and why?

A) I wouldnt do it .  However i have always made a point , since i was very young , to think in terms of how i would like to be a certain way when i became older , so that in a rhetorical sense , the idea of my older self coaching me along the way has always been somewhat present .

Q) If one character within Infinity Wars could come alive, which card would it be and why?

A) Evellee , because ive always wanted to join the Mage's Guild .

Q) How would you reinvent the public school system?

A) I would put a much greater focus on the efforts of law enforcement , the problems they face and the type of sht they have to put up with in order to keep us all relatively safe .

Q) Do bears have the right to bear arms within the United States?

A) They do , however without opposable thumbs it will be impossible for them to load and operate most firearms .

Q) Who is your favorite historical figure?

A) Joan of Arc

Q) If you could become any superhero, who would you be and what superpowers would you have?

A) Id just be myself .  People dont trust someone who has an unfair advantage , and i dont personally covet power over others .  But i can still be very persuasive , and with Courage the size of a mustard seed one can rhetorically move mountains .

Q) Describe how to make a bed properly.

A) A fitted sheet , i personally like to use 2 fitted , and a top sheet , some times 2 top sheets provides a better balance of heat dispersion over a thicker blanket depending on the temperature of the room .  Depending on the other covers and pillows you may want to fold back the top 10% of the cover to show the pattern on the underside , and place decorative pillows over top of that , thus giving the bed a ' finished ' look

Q) What is your favorite movie?

A) Rookie of the Year

Q) What is the perfect love song to sing to your significant other?

A) One that you wrote your self .  Otherwise something you know they really like that shows you went out of your way to make them happy , or something that has a symbolic relevance to the relationship .  The thing is though in the interest of being spontaneous you really cant sing the same song more than once , unless its by request .

Q) Would you rather freeze to death for 24 hours or be burned alive for 1 hour?

A) I hate being cold however freezing is going to be way less painful , an hour of burning is like wayyyyy too much .

Q) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

A) Double-mint chocolate

Q) In your opinion, what is the most valuable thing in the entire world?

A) Peace of mind .  That's an obvious answer because it essentially overshadows everything else , from a relative point of perspective .  However beyond that its impossible to isolate one thing because so many things are required in unison to create a happy environment , wether thats friends and family or close loved ones or a passionate hobby , or simply logistic factors .

Q) If you could travel in time and punch yourself in the face for being stupid, at what point in time is that and describe the reason for punching yourself.

A) Honestly there are a good number of times where i probably deserve it , but the one thing i would pick out of all of them , is the time i went off a high-dive and like an idiot my form was lazy and i ended up hurting my back , and it's literally still a thorn in my side to this very day .

Q) If you could play on the street without being harmed, would you do it and what game would you play?

A) Russian roulette

Q) If you could ask yourself any question and you must answer it truthfully, what would that question be? (The fate of the world depends on this answer, in a time of crisis where Skynet rules the world)

A) I would ask myself if i am ready to move on with my life, if i can be relied upon to represent the interests of a larger agency/organization, because once the camera is on there are no second chances and no looking back. If you also want me to answer the question in addition to just asking it, then the answer is Yes Sir, without any hesitation! And that it is a Great Honour and a Privilege that i will not take lightly.  [ hi ori ;) ]

A) Some times i put a bra on top of my head and dance naked in front of the mirror and pretend im Mickey Mouse.

MARCH 17 2016
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:41:04 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 03:38:52 PM »
~Logadd Interview~

A) 1,458 hours on Steam.

A) Puzzles.

Q) Exactly how does one become a member of OTK?

A) Be in the right place at the right time.

Q) Who's the best player in OTK?

A) Consistency and dedication wise probably Merlini, he did get his 2400+ rating while getting ~5 per win.

Q) How much do you charge for coaching?

A) Never did it.

A) Additional login.

A) Should I write my credit card information here too?

A) Evellee.

Q) Favorite Faction?

A) Don't have one.

A) A lot of different stuff, just in general always have something on.

A) Right now not too often.

A) Value wise probably Lucca+Evellee pull =  5 mana splitter with Lucca buff on everything. Mechanics wise probably Nysrugh&Last sleeper.

Q) Who's the hottest Disney chick? (or guy if you're into that)

A) http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Lady_Kluck

Q) Anything else you'd like to share?

A) I am bad with open questions.

MARCH 17 2016
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:40:06 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 03:39:12 PM »
~Teremus Interview~

Q) What exactly was your role at Lightmare?

A) Community Manager.

Q) How are things going for you now at the new company?

A) It's been an excellent learning experience. While I won't share my thoughts on the Video Game Industry as a whole, let's say that I've had my eyes opened and plan to utilize that experience.

Q) What do you do at the new company?

A) Community Manager here as well, same as I did for IW, just with some more tools and tricks available to me.

Q) What modes would you most like to see introduced into the game?

A) Multi-player/Team matches/FFA. Without question or hesitation.

A) About 0 seconds. I don't develop games, I don't know the first thing about programming or coding. I help those who do develop games better understand their customers, their desired audience, and better communicate with them....should they want to listen.

A) Yep. It was on a live interview with Chesspieceface (hope he's doing well, if anyone still talks to him). I hopped on his Mumble channel and the Text-to-Speech pronounced my username with a Long U rather than the Short U that I use. It sounded like Tear-A-Moose when I entered the channel, and people listening took that further to make it sound like Terror Moose. It then quickly permeated Global Chat that day. Suffice to say, the name stuck.

A) James Jones.

Q) How much cheese do you honestly eat on a regular basis?

A) Not as much as I used to while I'm on this health kick, but I still get a shot at a fine yellow cheese whenever possible.

Q) How often do you dance naked with a cheese hat on your head?

A) I don't ever do that, because the Packers suck. #Rekt

A) Interdimensional Phase Bot. Not because it's good, but because I puffing love the design of the card, the overall mechanic of it.

Q) Favorite Faction?

A) GI4Lyf

Q) What games do you play if you’re not playing Infinity Wars?

A) Right now I'm pretty much obsessed with Black Desert Online and the mobile game Summoners War.

A) I haven't played it for a while. I told myself I'd give it a chance again after the new team gets their vision implemented the way they see it. Going in before that, for me, is a wasted experience.

A) I just turn on the "Rock" radio on Spotify. It generally does pretty well.

A) The Genie from Aladdin. Kappa

Q) Favorite cheeses you’ve had, and cheeses you want to try some day?

A) My favorite cheese still stands at Smoked Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar. Such an amazing flavor. I can't really think of a specific cheese that I want to try, moreso the mentality that I'll always give every cheese a fair shot.

A) Nothing that I could say publicly, lmao. I love you all. <3

MARCH 3 2016
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:37:17 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 03:39:25 PM »
~Adorabear Interview~

A) Since closed beta, so about 2 years and 4 months.

A) 2v2, or a speed mode with the turn timers set very low.

Q) What did you do with the results to the poll you took when everyone was saying the game was dying?

A) The polls I did were for a couple reasons, I was interested, I thought it would improve the vibe on the forums, I was thinking of building my own card game if IW went under, and most of all I used it as evidence to make many suggestions to Lightmare.

A) Im a real bear this is my real name.

A) Im a real bear this is my real name.

Q) Why don't you stream / make vids anymore? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIY-tTX59I4)

A) I never streamed my computer isnt very good.

A) Ive got lots of favorite cards but I think Controlled Temporal Anomaly is one of my top favorites.

Q) Favorite faction?

A) I don't really have a favorite faction, ill play anything but when I first started my favorite faction was flame dawn and I played them a lot.

Q) Practically living in the top 5, what keeps you playing Infinity Wars?

A) I keep playing Infinity Wars because I enjoy the game and I keep hoping Lightmare will make the changes necessary to allow the player base to start growing. I also enjoy just chatting to people.

A) I listen to mostly hiphop/rap and jazz, both of which usually surprises people. E-Dubble is probably my favorite artist at the moment.

A) Jasmine

A) My favorite combo currently is using Aunissial on turn 6 to play out a hasted Zuza on turn 7 and steal someone character out of nowhere.

A)

MARCH 3 2016
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:36:21 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 03:52:51 PM »
~RikkiTikki Interview~

Q) What exactly is your role at Yodo1/Lightmare?

A) I am a community manager for Infinity Wars! I also have other responsibilities here at Yodo1.

Q) We tend to see Crestmoor on the forums and in game more; as a Community Manager… Where you been man?

A) Haha... I'm right here! :) I check the forums quite often and I leave the game on in the background a lot too. Crestmoor definitely has a larger presence since he's much more closely involved in the game's development and that's all everyone wants to know about! My primary role is to relay news, suggestions, and feedback back and forth between the dev team and the community, but if you want to talk about design and development in detail, Crestmoor might be better to talk to ;).

Q) What new factions would you most like to see introduced into the game?

A) Hm, I'd actually be interested in seeing a faction, or at least a few cards, revolved around manipulating/inhibiting your opponent's resource points. That could be interesting.

Q) What modes would you most like to see introduced into the game?

A) The idea of a 2v2 mode sounds very appealing and would open up a whole new layer of strategic play. I'd love to see this in the future!

A) From a random joke made in one of my favorite shows, "Rick and Morty".

A) Not Rick! It's Josh ;D

A) I've played video games my whole life, but I'm quite new to the development scene - I've only been involved for around half a year!

Q) Who’s the top dog on Infinity Wars, you or Crestmoor?

A) The score between us is actually 1-1, so we're tied ;D! But to be honest, Crestmoor would kick the puffy out of me 9 out of 10 times if we played against each other more often, which I try to avoid... >_>

Q) Would you ever want to do an office tournament for the devs of Infinity Wars?

A) Haha, sure! That sounds like fun. Can't say that I would do very well though. :P

A) Verore Magic Siphoner

Q) Favorite Faction?

A) Hm, it's a toss up between CoV and SoA

Q) What posts do you find yourself stalking the most on the forums?

A) My own... ::)

Q) What games do you play if you’re not playing Infinity Wars?

A) I play lot of strategy/RPG games, such as Dota 2, Civ, Final Fantasy, etc. but I enjoy playing all sorts of games, from Cities Skyline and Portal, to Witcher and Super Meat Boy!

Q) If you weren’t a Dev, what would you be doing instead?

A) Hm, if I wasn't involved in game development, I think I'd still be involved in tech development of some sort - I really like the idea of working with other people to make something that people will enjoy using and interacting with.

A) Well, Crestmoor said no more playing games during office hours (even though I was just bug testing!!), but I think anywhere between 7-10 hours a week of actual playtime?

A) I typically don't play any music while playing games. I like to really immerse myself in the game's environment.

A) I don't want to ruin my childhood memories, so I'm gonna say the flying carpet from Aladdin.

Q) First anime you ever saw?

A) I believe it was either Naruto or One Piece

Q) Top animes in your opinion?

A) Haha, that is a bit hard to answer since it really depends on what genre. I really liked Death Note, Hunter X Hunter, and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, just to name a few from different genres.

A) If you have any ideas, comments, feedback, or anything about Infinity Wars that YOU guys want to share, please let me know! I'm happy to listen to what you have to say :D

FEB 25 2016
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:35:08 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 03:53:02 PM »
~MerliniX Interview~

Q) How’d you get to be so EEEEVIL? D:

A) I eat a balanced breakfast every morning.

A) I started in September of 2014, the day after Gold Launch.

A) Personally I would most like to see client integrated tournaments, similar to MtGO or Spellweaver. A spectator mode would be pretty nice to have also.

A) Nope, not really. I been going as some flavor of Merlin for years, and the iX sounds cool.

A) Ben.

A) Flame Dawn Commando.

Q) Practically living in the top 5, what keeps you playing Infinity Wars?

A) Honestly? Bored habit mostly.

Q) Favorite Faction?

A) This is a tricky one as I like several. It's probably a tie between CoV and GI though. Least favorite is DoD - I cannot stand DoD and I wish the faction had never been made.

A) The Eve Online soundtrack. That music is good for anything, from relaxing after a hard days work, to doing a hard days work, to planning a murder, to running a preschool.

A) I'm going to have to go with Merlin, from the Sword in the Stone http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057546/

Q) Why do you change the order of your cards a bunch of times before you hit “play?”

A) If you mean how I shuffle my commanders around-
  • it's just a habit from back when I played irl MtG and would shuffle the cards in my hand every turn to stop my opponent from keeping track if I was topdecking or not.

If you mean how I move all my combat zone characters around-
  • it helps me think out all the possible ways the turn could play out and where the best place to position them is.

If you mean how I place my guys, hit end turn, and then hit resume again really fast-
  • that's because I am trying to figure out what the most likely thing my opponent is doing that turn and how quickly they are doing it. So, on turn 6 vs CoV, I generally pull all my characters back to support and hit end turn, then if the turn doesn't resolve right away I put them all back into combat and hit end turn again. This is because it generally doesn't take that long for a CoV player to play Mass Death, so if they take a while on their turn they are likely doing something different, so I change my actions accordingly.

A) Hulking Sniped + Infected Drone in Rift (or anything else that targets with no effect) just because its a fun way to pop the ability that no one expects.

A) Nothing springs to mind atm.

FEB 25 2016
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:34:23 AM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 04:21:21 PM »
How much more do you need?

PS: I think Teremus is a also a legit candidate, although he doesn't work with the staff anymore.
He's just kinda like a familiy member to the IW community.

Offline Chaz8591

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 04:22:11 PM »

You stole it from him!

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 04:26:24 PM »

PS: I think Teremus is a also a legit candidate, although he doesn't work with the staff anymore.
He's just kinda like a familiy member to the IW community.

All of it, I need it all lol :P

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 10:39:24 PM »
I'm not doing an interview unless the other members of OTKO are also included in the interviewee list. HeliosAFlame, Logadd, and BestSakuyaNA. Each of them has done at least as much for this game in their own way that I have and I feel it would be completely unfair to them for me to do an interview if they were not asked to do their own as well.