Author Topic: IW Comprehensive Guide to Constructed - January 29th 2016 to February 7th, 2016  (Read 6706 times)

Offline Best Sakuya NA

• View Profile
Short Link: http://goo.gl/zBz20b
Full Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18gkfSy7dcITCY4Gwta_WdNpMvKWrkFOm3ZPfgAL7Wxc/

I'm Best Sakuya NA, current manager of Team One Turn KO (Merlinix, Heliosaflame, Logadd), and a regular Ranked player and Twitch streamer. I've been playing Infinity Wars since Infestation, and worked on the Infinity Council for months on balance, testing, and bug-fixing while it was an available position.

The goal of this guide is to provide players with the same level of information as the current top level Ranked and Tournament players. Hopefully the tools and insight provided here will allow you to improve your game and better understand the current Infinity Wars metagame.

Keep in mind this is very much a work in progress. I’ll update this as much as I can regularly. Tiers for decks may change as more authors contribute. Stay tuned for updates.

Offline SuicideMaster

• Translator
    • View Profile
    • Group about Infinity Wars in Vkontakte
https://vk.com/infinitywarstcg - группа Infinity Wars в контакте (Infinity Wars community in Vkontakte)
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Heyheuhei

• View Profile
Nice, very very good guide. Amazing work!

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Aloha! I have some sort of information for you https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rugyKDDFF9Fij7SNRs84xrGxL-lYhVaeYBSpyc-5P7I/edit

2fd/oos been out of the meta race for quite some time
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline tomuchmayo

• View Profile
yea idk why but 2fd/oos feels slower than it was before for some reason

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
yea idk why but 2fd/oos feels slower than it was before for some reason

Higher calling nerf. But It also looses the 'mirror' match against FD SOA.

Offline R. Melkor Olivaw

• View Profile
Hi.

I think this guide is amazing. It should be on the Main Menu in the game. I mean, I didn't know the meta until now, after somebody in the global chat directed me here. Please request this post to be a direct link from the Main Menu.

I'm kind of a noob, so thanks. I met the game 1 year ago, preordered some boosters, but than I left. Now I'm comming back from other games, all of them Tolkien based, and I can tell IF is the best (futuristic theme, moving cards, unique gameplay).

Offline sogeking

• View Profile
nice guide for beginners.But triple dod and triple gi should be in tier 1.Especially triple dod is very strong against all decks.For example as commanders: gao han the stalwart,avatar of lingbao,glorious warrior + defensive morale win based cards, linbaos will + yuanshi wrath pretty effective against all decks.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
nice guide for beginners.But triple dod and triple gi should be in tier 1.Especially triple dod is very strong against all decks.For example as commanders: gao han the stalwart,avatar of lingbao,glorious warrior + defensive morale win based cards, linbaos will + yuanshi wrath pretty effective against all decks.

nah

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
not really...
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
9 turns of playing nothing, then calamity isnt really a hard matchup. 3 dod is in no way tier 1.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Best Sakuya NA

• View Profile
I can beat a lot of people with triple DoD, and so can a lot of good players, but at the highest level of Infinity Wars play, it's generally not Tier 1. It's really fun as a tech deck vs people who don't expect it though and play all-in aggro, and it can be a lot of fun in unranked. In ranked, it could definitely get you into top 100 easily, but using it consistently well in top 10 is not recommended, getting into triple DoD's bad matchups with Tier 1 decks is simply too risky at that point.

I do like that command zone you mentioned though (Gao Han, Glorious Warrior, Avatar of Lingbao), I use it a lot in my unranked triple dod deck that I stream with.

Offline suli

• View Profile
I seem to find more success, using the three avatars in general than just sticking to Lingbao while using triple DoD. Of course, the rest of the deck would involve cards that would maintain board control until the big bad avatars arrive.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I seem to find more success, using the three avatars in general than just sticking to Lingbao while using triple DoD. Of course, the rest of the deck would involve cards that would maintain board control until the big bad avatars arrive.

I also agree with you.

Moral decks are typically useless against control decks and 3DoD is no different. Avatar of linboa is too easy to deal with for them. Having a 0% winrate against something just isn't acceptable in IWs, there's no need to do that to yourself, especially when you don't gain much. To further this moral decks are also awful at putting on pressure, which makes them very weak to combo decks like FD COV and Tinker, it also makes them very weak to midrange decks like GI OS because they can just build up in the support zone.

A triple avatar assault just has a better matchup against everything than moral.

Offline Wham

• View Profile
I've gotta say that even though solo avatar of yuanshi is pretty weak to lots of control, from last set DoD got a pretty great option for dealing with that sort of control - Dojo. If you have 2 or 3 more avatar of yuanshi in your deck and you make some good predicts, you can have an ok chance at winning any game.

Against annihilate+calamity you probably still want to call GG early though.