Author Topic: Memory leak during game ?  (Read 647 times)

Offline BlackLorren

• View Profile
Memory leak during game ?
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:00:49 AM »
Hello, I experience a very nasty problem since the new patch. Almost every two games, the game freezes without being able to do anything.
I'm on the Steam client running on the last version of OSX and I had no problem since Infestation. I can't attach any log as the only logs I have is logs from non-frozen games (or I searched them in the wrong place ?).
It doesn't look like an endless turn problem, more like a memory leak resulting in my mouse cursor transforming into the colorful spinning wheel forcing me to close the game the hard way.

Is it something known or I'm the only one in distress ?  :-\

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
Re: Memory leak during game ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 05:40:33 PM »
Omg, that sounds weird. I am also using the steam client, but that never happened to me (and never heard of this before). The game runs just fine for me now.

Been even a while since i encountered an endless turn or any other severe bug that caused the game to crash or freeze.

If you found the logs for non-frozen games, then you are looking at the right place. The logs for bugged games should be there too.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 01:47:39 PM »
Have you tried uninstall in and reinstalling to see if that fixes it?
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline BlackLorren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 12:18:34 AM »

If you found the logs for non-frozen games, then you are looking at the right place. The logs for bugged games should be there too.

As I have to quit the game the hard way with no return to the home screen of IW, I suspect the log doesn't generate itself.

Have you tried uninstall in and reinstalling to see if that fixes it?

I tried it tonight and it froze again on the 6th game. Usually I have some freeze during 3 seconds 3 or 4 minutes before the big freeze. This time it was while moving Zealous Protector to the field.

http://i.imgur.com/lpGbG8F.jpg

This image doesn't show my mouse cursor but it's the famous spinning wheel of death https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_pinwheel

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:24:11 AM by BlackLorren »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 04:22:08 PM »
Dose the freezing happen any other time? I.E. when you're running other programs? or only on this game?
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline BlackLorren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 01:21:53 AM »
Only on IW. Had a freeze on my first game today. I let the game running in the background for one hour, hoping for some defreezing but nothing changed so still unable to provide a game log.