Author Topic: Aleta, (Immortal) Ascended?  (Read 774 times)

Offline KingMickey

• View Profile
Aleta, (Immortal) Ascended?
« on: January 25, 2016, 10:10:46 AM »
Anyone?

I've been having this discussion with a friend of mine, saying: "Do you think we'll see an Ascended Coyle and Aleta?" he was explicitly negative saying something about planes I don't remember exactly, I said "Overseers are in the same plane as the demons, we have a demonfied-Coyle so..." and the convo ended somewhere there. Then, the image for Agent Coyle Ascended was leaked and... SWEEEEEEET SWEET VICTORY! Haha

So, what do you guys think?

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
Re: Aleta, (Immortal) Ascended?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 11:17:19 AM »
As far as I know, the Overseers exist outside of the standard dimensions. The only reason they intervened was to keep the Sleepers in check when their undead invasion thing got out of hand.

Whatever Aleta is, I don't think there can be one among the Overseers, simply because of their god-like nature.

Still, WP (the Old World) has two Aletas, but that could be attributed to the passage of time. Caretaker being the Aleta in place before the FD/GI invasion, and Survivor being the post-invasion one. Or vice versa, whatever. We see the same thing with Rita.

Coyle, as far as I know, has nothing to do with the lore. He's just a nod to the game's designer.

And Coyle Ascended has been in the game for a while, he wasn't exactly leaked just now :)

Offline KingMickey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 01:21:30 PM »
What got me into thinking this is that, we've seen an Aleta and Coyle within almost every faction- excluding Exiles and Overseers (before Hellbringer and Ascended versions of Coyle came) hence the talk we had with my friend-me saying about angels and demons. And we had that convo looooong before, the card art for AC Ascended was leaked before Order was officially launched :)

As far as story goes, Aleta was split into several personalities/fragments with the Calamity (Sorceress threatening to cause it again). And Coyle does have a part to play in the story. I know he is a nod to Elphie Coyle, one of the game's creators. But through the flavor text some have you find out he is time-travelling, looking for something/someone, hence the different forms. It turns out Primal Hunter was the only other human there besides Caretaker Aleta (it says about some other hunan in her text). Then you read in Alpha One that he needed to get strong enough to defeat the Zomborg version of himself etc

Lastly, in the old campaign, at one point, the Overseers decide to give a part of their power to some certain individuals; hence Aberion and Gao Han Champions and Lucca, Kali and Xi Ascended. So, if there's not to be an angel Aleta outright maybe she can ascend through that. Personally, I'd prefer the former. Not that the latter would be bad just, angelic from the first place seems better to me. I'd like to see that card (and even more having it ofc :) )

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »
Coyle and Aleta are different, however, in that Coyle is travelling and absorbing power (hence all of the different versions) while Aleta is split and has a different version existing in each plane (Talich, Old World, Avarrach, etc).
The Overseers of Solace are from, predictably, Solace (as opposed to the demons who are from Torment) which is not a plane like the others. I use a fishstick sandwich analogy to describe IW's multiverse, and in that analogy Solace is the top bun, not one of the fish sticks.
So... as the lore stands, there's no reason for there to be an Overseers Aleta. And there's little reason for one of the other Aletas to join them.

Of course, LM may make one anyway and rewrite the lore to their fancy, as is their prerogative.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Klassick

• "I'm not negative. Just there are no positives"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 05:36:53 PM »
I agree with Benionin and Pixelei.

By the way, 'the rifts' are not affecting Solace...

There is no FD, Exiles and DoD Aleta, and there is a reason for that, based on the existing planes of reality.

But, it would not being that crazy has a "multifaction" Aleta...
"Everyone here likes the game. We just hate the devs."
- MerliniX

Offline CallMeXan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 09:10:37 PM »
There is actually a simple explanation as to why there is no Aleta in the overseer faction.  When the calamity happened it created an infinite amount of universes and within each of these universes an immortal Alera version was created.  However Solace and Torment existed before the calamity occurred as such an Aleta was not created in these already existing dimensions.

That being said it could still be possible to get an ascended Aleta if the overseers saw fit to grant one of them their power like they did with Lucca, Xi and others (personally I believe traveler would be the best choice this) but I don't think they would.