Author Topic: Current Events & Tournaments  (Read 50693 times)

Offline RikkiTikki

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Current Events & Tournaments
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 06:57:42 AM »
It seems like a good amount of players have encountered this bug. :o

If anyone has more information on this (how to reproduce it, output log, screenshots, etc.), please let us know by submitting a bug report or PMing me! This seems like a pretty nasty bug and we want to address it ASAP so we don't encounter situations like these in the future.

I hope we can resolve this issue soon. Let us know if we can help :)

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 07:22:09 AM »

I hope we can resolve this issue soon. Let us know if we can help :)

If you could speed up the production of a spectator mode maybe? c:
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »
I'm still salty that Drew never awarded me the match against Niadra in the RNG tournament. I clearly came in last place, and he did not hold up his end of the bargain (THE RULES stating that last place would have chance of the stealing victory).

I was not there for the tournament, but just DQ both ES and Tuco for the tournament and move on. That resource bug has been encountered, and it seems that sometimes the resources balance out the turn after. So maybe, ES didn't have extra resources. At most he had extra resources for only 1 turn.

When the prizes get more real and "dishonorable" players play to win the big prizes, you have to make the tough decisions to just DQ both players, especially when there's no spectator mode. You can't play favoritism when you are a judge in these tournaments. Sure ES has a better reputation than Tuco, but making them both replay games is unfair. The best thing to do in a situation list this is DQ both if they cannot come to an agreement. (That is why whenever you see my Tourny ideas, I have a strict rule stating that the first person to DC in a match will be DQ'ed)

I do not think it's fair that LM is awarding both these players a chance to play again 1v1 for 500LP when no one else has that opportunity. So you award poor behavior? Maybe next time I'll just lie about my victories, and proceed to insult my opponent. I say you award everyone 500LP who participated in the tournament. (This is my unbiased opinion, as you can see I was not in the tournament). Or better yet, remove 500LP from ES & Tuco's account. Any further character insults toward each other would result in a ban.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 07:49:56 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Angry_Tuco

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 07:58:52 AM »
Thank you guys who support me in this situation. I just want to see fairness in game. And that judges listen both sides (not only who have "more reputation and high rank in game"). I dont play tourney for prizes ofc ( i have all cards what i need) but this situation is principal for me. And i want to know why ES calls me cheater and what he say now after his lie (he said that won second match).Maybe He hope that i havent screenshots.  But ok i dont want to fight by words like girls.   Crestmoor thank you for offer but honestly i no wish play with  that player till he say me Sorry. And i no wish play  in Drew's tourneys more till he say me apologies. Because yesterday nobody of them listen to me and didnt try think this situation from my side. I have terrible english i know and too hard for me explain. Sorry for that. Its very surprise for me that some players support me here. I appreciate you.    From my side i want to say Sorry for insult yesterday in chat. I was very angry(   

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 08:11:26 AM »
@Tuco/ES,

How about a re-match?  Both of you are great players and it would be a shame to let a game bug cause a dispute and mis-understanding between 2 good players.  If you guys are up for it and Drew/Wayfinder can be the judges + set the rules for the re-match, I'll throw in a one off 500 LP prize as a sweetening. :)

The tournaments so far have been great and all of you have shown excellent sportsmanship while competing.  It would be awesome to see you guys end on good terms again with another friendly exhibition re-match.

Also kudos to Drew + Wayfinder who have invested a lot of their time and effort into organizing these tournaments.  Hats off to you guys.

Let me know if the re-match goes ahead and I can credit the winner.

Thank you for the offer Crestmoor, tho i will have to decline, i don't wish to interact with that person again.

People who express themselves in the manner which tuco did yesturday, swearing on live stream and not adressing the issue as adults have no place in the community.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2016, 08:33:55 AM »
and yes, we are working on a way to for tournament organizers to better track their tournaments, results and logs.  This is something that is still in the design phase so it's not "imminent" as in next patch but it's something that has been prioritized
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline antideath

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2016, 03:48:21 PM »
Es is a good enough player to realize he has an extra mana..

apparently NOT in fact he seems quite uneducated on aspects of the game like he is new and just discovering what these are...
..and by his own replies when it occurred.....did not even care at all.
Shame on you bro.
One could say you have no place in the community . since your so easy to say this about angry.
Show some class. while you can still redeem yourself of such a small matter.

Especially in the case of a tourney where UNLIKE a draft you just play whatever happens and cannot change outcome, in this case the Bug was spotted. BAM start over. easy.

You are a good player, both are. be competitive rather then this route. its just a game.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2016, 04:07:07 PM »
I'm going to handle my end of this with bullet point information, to be extremely clear and up-front:

• I made a mistake in my call, and if I could go back I would have required the 2-game rematch to have been video recorded by at least one person. Screenshots are great but they can be altered;  even if Tuco's weren't, there factually is no way to prove the screenshots are unaltered.
  • ES claimed a fair win in match one, but admitted to the resource glitch for game 2 and was willing to do a 2-game rematch.
  • In the heat of the moment, ES was handling himself a lot better; while that's not everything, it's something, as it protects the community. Tuco's words, which I have some of them on screenshots and video, were not in any consideration of how he would affect the community. Yes, he has a right to be angry. Still, learning how to direct and channel your emotion is critical in a community environment. I have previous experience where a private encounter did not stay in private chats, or at least a closed forum with a neutral party/moderator. This is part of the reason I set the match in favor of ES. Also, don't mistake this for sweeping problems under a rug. This is about proper conduct, and it's something Tuco and ES can learn from.
  • Tuco was not eliminated based on rank or reputation. I based it on the current interactions and reviewed a screenshot where the resource count was in fact the same. Apparently I missed a second screenshot with the difference and that's on me. In short: screenshot proof helps, but in this case we needed a screenshot of every match ending screen and some in-game ones, and we got a lot less than that - making it difficult to tell which match Tuco's resource-count screenshots are from.
  • @Orisolve, your issueis valid, but there were reasons why it went the way it did. You have a reputation for messing around. When everyone tells me you're trying to throw your games, no I shouldn't just take their word for it but yes, it really did look like you took advantage of the rule. I say this because you've never lost every game before. That can happen naturally, but, it did look bad. You have my apology. Looking back, it was my mistake to reveal that rule early.

I will officially reset the tournament back a few matches - ES and Tuco will be offered to rematch, but I want to require video of it from OBS. Based on the result, they may ascend the bracket replaying other opponents until/if they get knocked out. I'll create a new Challonge event to reflect this. With this situation, players can meet each other whenever possible for matches, and it should be easy enough since everyone in question was able to be online at the same time for the tournament. We can have results as early as today or this weekend.

I apologize to Tuco, ES, Wayfinder and the IW community for this issue happening (in part) live on my Twitch stream. I did my best to mitigate and be unbiased, but obviously a different handling method is necessary. You can expect strict, more firm ruling in the event of disputes going forward. Some of you might dislike Tuco and/or ES, but I ask that we reset the angst meters on this one and give them another chance.

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2016, 04:39:36 PM »
Folks,

Let's not let one single match mar these excellent tournaments that have been held.  DrewUniverse, Wayfinder and countless others have dedicated many hours of their lives in order to organize and host these tournaments for the fun and enjoyment of all involved.  So far, almost every tournament event hosted has been fun and exciting to play in, watch or talk about.

I for one am very thankful to Drew and Wayfinder for leading the charge in organizing these tournaments and I suspect that most of the IW community feel the same way.  At the end of the day, tournaments are competitive and sometimes in the heat of competition, words can get heated but I do ask that everyone in the community to please respect each other and give appreciation to the organizers for hosting these great events for us all.

This incident started with a bug in the game and for that, you have our most sincere apologies.  As you have seen, we are working hard and fast to quash bugs and you have my commitment that we will continue to resolve game issues as quick as humanly possible.

To Drew, Wayfinder and others who are helping you guys with the tournament organizations, you have my heart felt thanks for your outstanding work and for been just overall great guys.  ;D

To the competitors, just have fun, fight hard but please remember to respect your opponents and give thanks to the organizers.

Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2016, 05:24:31 PM »
If I may give my opinion on this matter, let me share you what happened to me a while ago. I was participating on the Istarune/Novablue 'Gold' launch tournament back in the day and it was set to be a double elimination, bo3 format tournament. The timelines were pretty strict and casting/moderation was done via stream.

During a game I had on the semi-finals of the losers bracket I was playing biosol against someone playing 3fd. Our game was tied and on the deciding match a desync happened and everything in the game started to break. Characters didn't die in my opponent side, weird interactions happened and finally my opponent crashed completely, but the game finished on my end with my win. I didn't take a screenshot of the last turn board because I had no idea he crashed and it was a clear win on my end, but the opponent requested a rematch on the stream. Since I didn't take a screenshot and it was indeed a desync, I agreed on the rematch.
We then had a rematch, where I won 2-0 and took a screenshot of both the end turn state and the victory screen. However, my opponent forced a disconnect in the last turn and claimed on stream it was desync again. Even with the screenshots showing a rather dominant board on my side and people analysing possible comeback plays from the 3fd, Ista/Nova wanted us to rematch until we got a clear result.

The problem is that the tourney was going on for a long time already (bo3 format with double elim does that) and everyone on the round was waiting for our match to go on. Since I needed to study for some exams and couldn't really be bothered to deal with the guy again, I simply gave him the match and put an end to that.

My point is, I highly agree with Ori here. Specially with new stakes coming to tournaments in the future and since this is still a major feature bug of the game, there MUST BE clear/definitive rules on desyncs so tourney mods can act accordingly and refer to them in case any of this happens. I really don't care if the rulings hurt someone's feelings if all of this mess can be avoided.

When the prizes get more real and "dishonorable" players play to win the big prizes, you have to make the tough decisions to just DQ both players, especially when there's no spectator mode. You can't play favoritism when you are a judge in these tournaments.
This pretty much sums it up for me.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2016, 05:25:22 PM »
I honestly don't think either player will continue their participation in the tournament. Prove me wrong. The events leading up to the animosity between each other has become personal. It has become an issue of pride, ego, and honor. The damage done is irreparable.

@Drew, It's okay, we can still be friends.  ;D
Thanks to Drew and Wayfinder, for devoting their time and effort into running these tournaments improving the quality of life within Infinity Wars. If ES and Tuco no longer wish to participate in these Tournaments, I'm sure Merlin, Tuna, Helios, Mew, etc. would be more than happy to claim the big prizes for themselves.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
I'm sure Merlin, Tuna, Helios, Mew, etc. would be more than happy to claim the big prizes for themselves.

I'm on the spellweaver train for the next week or so at least.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2016, 05:51:28 PM »
The damage done is irreparable.

Nothing is irreparable if they want it enough.  8)
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2016, 02:24:50 AM »
Dear Tuco, we both acted wrong in the situation, conflicts like this shouldn't happen and i take full responsibility in this case.
Drew and Wayfinder shouldn't be blamed for this, they both acted as they though was right in the event.
Let's show the community that 2 vets can't be bothered by bugs and misunderstandings.

I won that tourny but i will gladly hand you over the prize as a peace offering so we can move on.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:37:45 AM by _ES_ »
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 06:36:14 PM »
When the prizes get more real and "dishonorable" players play to win the big prizes

I know a lot of people agree with you on this, which is why I just want to remove this concept from everyone's heads. I don't believe it to be true at all. I have been involved, spectated and hosted tournaments, with no prizes, where people have done some very scummy things. This includes hacking the game, lag switches and DDOsing. I have seen no correlation between prize pool and 'dishonorable conduct'.