Author Topic: New Client Home Page and Looking for Contributors!  (Read 4740 times)

Offline watchmedie

• View Profile
Re: New Client Home Page and Looking for Contributors!
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 03:03:35 PM »
http://www.aletasarchive.com/index.php

missing a ton of cards and the deck builder doesnt work for me, wonder who the owner is and if we can get him/her to update

i really like the format.

found it here if it helps

http://steamcommunity.com/app/257730/discussions/0/540732889446474239
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:14:48 PM by watchmedie »

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 05:39:25 PM »
Aleta's Archive is extremely outdated. Infinite Network used to be the go-to deck building software, but I think that's down.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2016, 12:39:22 AM »
Not sure if this counts as a guide, but I did put this in the Guides subcategory: Cards to Keep in Mind Against Certain Purity Combinations

Online NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
Re: New Client Home Page and Looking for Volunteers!
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 01:50:05 AM »
http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=63271.0

Is the single most useful guide on the forums - it should have been stickied long ago

Wow, that's quite an impressive guide! I'd love to reach out to the creator and see if they're willing to update it or hand it over to someone else.

A while back I requested access to edit it, just last night/this morning I got a reply.
I'm in the process of updating it now. ;D
(Lemme know if there's anything specific that should be changed)

Edit: updates made
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:00:31 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 11:59:46 PM »
My guide on how to git gud.

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65545.0

Still need to do some things with it to fancy it up, but the info is there and will probably help some people.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 10:41:04 AM »
I am still too unexperienced to actually write a solid guide, but I would very much like to request a guide about Initiative and Action order.

Why? Simultaneous turns is something very unique to CCGs (actually the first one I've seen yet), and the order in which things happens is extremely confusing (I am not even exaggerating here), especially for new players.

I am quite good at adapting to card games, but I still run into mistakes where I negate my own cards because I didn't know the order it would be played in.

A detailed guide that explains which Card types (preemptive, abilities, locations, characters, etc..) have priority over others and how certain orders are executed after you end turn (placement, deploymentspeed, deployment in conjunction with abilities such as word of command). I believe it to be a lot of work, but it would be a complete enrichment to the list of existing guides, especially for newer players that want to learn to understand the game properly.

Online NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 11:19:55 AM »
Initiative and card resolution order is more or less covered here.
Though the concept could probably still use it's own specific guide, and of course if people can think of edits to make that linked section easier to understand by all means PM me.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 11:32:48 AM »
Initiative and card resolution order is more or less covered here.
Though the concept could probably still use it's own specific guide, and of course if people can think of edits to make that linked section easier to understand by all means PM me.

It's a decent summary of it indeed, but only scratches the surface. Definitely useful for newer Players.

I would still very much welcome an in-depth guide about it though. It is a very complex system afterall.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 07:42:05 AM »
Just wanted to note here for the log, that I am currently very busily working on a Rift Run Drafting Tier List (as most know by now). Further feedback required though to make it better. The more opinions we have, the more accurate it will become. ;)

Link: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65992.0