Author Topic: New Client Home Page and Looking for Contributors!  (Read 4488 times)

Offline RikkiTikki

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
New Client Home Page and Looking for Contributors!
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:17:15 AM »
Hey everyone!

First off, Chappie and I want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone for the warm welcome! The past few days have been quite hectic for us, and things will only be getting crazier in the upcoming weeks. Despite being relatively new to everything, it’s comforting to know that we’ve got a very supportive community to help us out.

Anyways, for those of you who haven’t noticed/logged in yet, we’ve updated the client home page with new background art and content links - we hope you like it! :) Our plan moving forward is to turn this into a space where new and veteran players alike can find useful links and check out the latest news and events. We’d like to update the home page on a weekly basis so that players will alway be informed of everything happening within the community.

So, this is where you come in! The forum community has always been an incredible source for cool and meaningful content - you guys are AWESOME! Chappie and I, along with the rest of the IW team, will continue to be on the lookout for new content to feature on the home page. With that said, we think it would be a great idea to start off with something especially useful - guides! Although there's already a ton of great guides around the forum and beyond, we want to enlist the help of volunteers to create new ones, update existing ones, and/or point out ones that are already in the works. Some examples that we came up with or encountered here include:

• A Faction's Combos and Synergistic Tactics
  • Rift Run Drafting
  • Purity Combinations and Theorycrafting
  • Card Collecting and Trading
  • A Beginner's Guide to All Things Infinity Wars
  • An Introduction to Rift Runs
  • Deck Builder Explained (We'd personally love to see an in-depth guide on this - it's all quite overwhelming @_@)

As you can see, we need YOUR help compiling and creating a collection of guides that you think would be great to showcase on the client's home page. The creative energy of this forum is really something to admire, which is why we want to make sure that players get a chance to see it anytime they log in.

So, what does everyone think? We're open to any suggestions/feedback so whether you have an idea to add onto this or you just downright dislike it (with reason provided ;)), let us know! We have a lot of ideas that we’re currently bouncing around internally and we’ll be gradually introducing them here and there down the road while taking players’ feedback into consideration so please share your thoughts with us!

Cheers!
RikkiTikki
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 04:58:41 AM by RikkiTikki »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
Re: New Client Home Page and Looking for Volunteers!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 06:27:35 AM »
I was thinking about writing a guide about the anatomy of the card, (rarity, when to use it, how to use it) and factions (must haves in every faction, pros and cons about specific factions) Thoughts?
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 06:36:14 AM »
I'm not going to write it, but I would like a guide on how to deal with bugs, offensive players, scammers, etc. This can be very beneficial to the community in order to reduce toxicity within the game, as well as organize communication between developers and players. Screenshots, Game Logs, etc. and any information needed to be obtained to make banning certain players simple should be easily accessible by the developers. ;D
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 06:55:42 AM »
I was thinking about writing a guide about the anatomy of the card, (rarity, when to use it, how to use it) and factions (must haves in every faction, pros and cons about specific factions) Thoughts?

Great cards to use as anchors for combos would be awesome Wayfinder. :P

P.S.  Lots of hate @ your DoD morale drains...
Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline Chappie

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 07:00:22 AM »
as well as organize communication between developers and players.

This would be a good idea and alot of help for the community.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 07:03:07 AM »
http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=63271.0

Is the single most useful guide on the forums - it should have been stickied long ago.

Also I have begun working on a guide on advanced play, but it will not be completed for some time yet.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 07:03:29 AM »

P.S.  Lots of hate @ your DoD morale drains...

I did it for your benefit... we all had to learn at some point. x3

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 07:08:24 AM »

Is the single most useful guide on the forums - it should have been stickied long ago.

Also I have begun working on a guide on advanced play, but it will not be completed for some time yet.

Oh wow that's an excellent guide. welp... my work is done.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 07:31:39 AM »
If realtuna doesnt mind I could combine our two guides into a comprehensive rift guide for the site and put both our names as authors
Goose got me loose!

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 07:37:09 AM »
While AH is not on the horizon I think this topic deserves to be sticked as well. Some good advices to new players about trading.

Or maybe someone can write updated version of it and summarize all advices in one post.

Also, please bear in mind - everything you might write as a guide might and possibly will be translated in Russian  8)  I'm not any good at writing these things but I'm always glad to spread useful info to more players.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 07:42:48 AM »
Also, please bear in mind

Always bear in mind, good tip right there ;)
Goose got me loose!

Offline RikkiTikki

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 08:19:45 AM »

Wow, that's quite an impressive guide! I'd love to reach out to the creator and see if they're willing to update it or hand it over to someone else.

While AH is not on the horizon I think this topic deserves to be sticked as well. Some good advices to new players about trading.

Or maybe someone can write updated version of it and summarize all advices in one post.

Definitely some good advice in there. Anyone want to take a stab at compiling and formatting it into something nice and accessible? :)

Offline Crestmoor

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 10:54:24 AM »
If realtuna doesnt mind I could combine our two guides into a comprehensive rift guide for the site and put both our names as authors

that would be super awesome!  Two of the top rifters in IW joining forces to write the "Definitive guide on Rifting". :)

Crestmoor the Omnimind
-----------------------------
Draft deck with Omnimind, Lanstead and War Machine = A can of WhoopAss for all occasions

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »

Fine by me!

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 02:43:41 PM »
well actually the point i speak about mostly in IW is card values and trading. there are always ppl wanting my advice and i am often not sure on my own trade values either, so i seek for advice all day as well.
i think this is one of the most important things for new players to know in order to avoid them getting scammed or else.
luckily Chaz8591 did an excellent work amongst others here http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65257.0, the tier lists are imo still really accurate. i think it would be great to link this post to the starting page too, since i use it every day and already recommended it to tons of new players that were very thankful for this. THIS should be really on the front page of IW, no doubt! tho it could be cool if there could be done a new thread, where just the results are diplayed, bcoz the old thread is quite annoying to click thru.
also a trading guide about premiums would be incredibly nice, tho i am not that sure there myself if i can do such considering my rather small collection.

what i would also like is something like a FAQ: do IP boosters stack? how to beat verore in fd campaign? all those questions frequently asked in global in one spot (if there already is excuse if i missed it). i am getting tired of explaining this all day  ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:49:25 PM by Dogeee »

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28