Author Topic: ~Road to the Rift War~  (Read 7525 times)

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
~Road to the Rift War~
« on: January 13, 2016, 12:55:13 AM »
"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a we can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty."

Road to the Rift

UPDATE AND CHANGES

ROUND 1 BRACKETS

ROUND 2 BRACKETS

FINALS BRACKETS

The time has come to see who the strongest players in the Rift is, and what better way to test your mettle than with a tournament?

DATE: January, 15th, 9PM IWT (IWT can be seen at the top of the page)

PRIZES: The winner of this tournament will be given 20$; 2nd Place will received 10$, Runner-up will receive a Booster Pack.

HOW TO SIGN UP: Just leave your in-game name below and you will be added to the roster, there will be a total of 10 players in the tournament. If/When you are placed on the roster, I will try and message you to let you know or you can just check the thread as I will try to keep it up to date, you should then construct 3 decks and send me the deck list (List of cards in each deck) by the 14th (The day before the tournament). The sooner the better!

ONE CHANCE FORMAT: Amply named because in your matches you will only be able to use a deck once. In your match you will play THREE BO3 (Best of Three) games. The first player to win TWO BO3 games is the winner.

Prior to each BO3 each player is allowed to chose 1 deck, from their opponents selected deck list that he is not allowed to use (Thus banning it) and leaving the player to pick out of the 2 remaining decks to play with. There is no banning on the third match of a set (If there is even a third match), On the third match of any set, players must play with the deck they have not played with before.

No decks outside of the submitted 3 decks may be used during the tournament and no changes can be made to them at any time. (If you see something that was not in the deck list you must have a screenshot of said card in order to prove your accusation.) While the decks themselves cannot be changed the side boards may be changed at any time prior to the start of the tournament and do not need to be submitted with the decklist. But once the tournament has started no changes may be made to the deck or sideboard.

To win one must be crafty and well versed with multiple different kinds of decks/win conditions. Rely on one deck too much and your opponent can ban it, use decks that are too similar and your opponent may counter it.

RULES:

ROSTER:

Players Deck Lists:

ELECTRO13

ORISOLVE

MERLINX

MATTCLEDFORD

LARGENUGGETS

SYRIANSWAT

WAYFINDER1026

HELIOSAFLAME

The road to power is riddled on both sides with the inequities of the envious, and the tyranny of evil men. A new Rift is opening, and with rifts comes new territory, with territory comes power, and where there is power there will always be those eager to battle for it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:45:26 AM by RikkiTikki »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: ~Road to the Rift War~
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 12:58:31 AM »
Sign me up plx. MerliniX.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 01:00:24 AM »
Also I will stream my matches if that is permissible, with an adequate delay of course. (24-48 hours methinks will do it ;) )

EDIT: clarification on the rules. If each player has submitted 3 decks, and your opponent can veto 1 deck, that leaves each player with 2 decks. If they can only use each deck once then in the instance of player one winning game one and player two winning game two, what deck would they use for the match game?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:04:27 AM by MerliniX »

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 01:08:52 AM »
Also I will stream my matches if that is permissible, with an adequate delay of course. (24-48 hours methinks will do it ;) )

EDIT: clarification on the rules. If each player has submitted 3 decks, and your opponent can veto 1 deck, that leaves each player with 2 decks. If they can only use each deck once then in the instance of player one winning game one and player two winning game two, what deck would they use for the match game?

Players must use the deck they have not played with yet ergo there is no banning on the 3rd match of their set.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 01:12:21 AM »

Players must use the deck they have not played with yet ergo there is no banning on the 3rd match of their set.

One more clarification - are deck vetoes sent to you (and then provided to both parties) or to the other player directly?

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 01:14:30 AM »

One more clarification - are deck vetoes sent to you (and then provided to both parties) or to the other player directly?

Well do this by the honor system and have players converse with one another.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 02:36:58 AM »
HeliosAflame signing in o7.

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 02:50:46 AM »
sigh, another tournament i cant get in because of timezones :( :-X
i miss ecliptix' tournys, they were perfectly-timed for me
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 03:05:09 AM »
I'm too scared to play with these guys lol. But Good luck~ :) I'll be watching :3
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 03:25:44 AM »
I'm too scared to play with these guys lol. But Good luck~ :) I'll be watching :3
they'll be serious since the prize is money, dont even think about participating, u'll be crushed. ::)
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 03:39:02 AM »
This sounds super fun wish I could enter
Goose got me loose!

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 03:51:49 AM »
I want in too! I will be streaming my matches as well.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 06:47:15 AM »
they'll be serious since the prize is money, dont even think about participating, u'll be crushed. ::)

i would be crushed wouldn't i? D: what's a poor little defenseless poro to do? :<
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 07:59:34 AM »
I'm in.  ;D
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline RikkiTikki

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile