Author Topic: Deck Idea help requested - Orion, Master Architect  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Enginarr

• View Profile
Deck Idea help requested - Orion, Master Architect
« on: January 07, 2016, 07:51:09 PM »
Hi Everyone,

So I was playing earlier and started looking at Orion, Master Architect as a card that I'd like to build around.
However all attempts I've made to use him haven't really worked.

Has anyone got any ideas of decks that would work well with him?
Or any tips in general with him?

Thanks for your help.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Idea help requested - Orion, Master Architect
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 03:24:57 PM »
I remember using this one with a Sleeper splash to make use of the Zombies that get inevitably killed. That plus Tinkerer and Sacrifice effects let you use the ability to get as much stats out of your ressources as possible.

You won't need to use him all the time, but late-game, when you have lots of ressources, he can be useful for not wasting them.

I guess it could also work with a discard-using deck, but I never tried comboing it with the Exiles....

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Enginarr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:15:15 PM »
I remember using this one with a Sleeper splash to make use of the Zombies that get inevitably killed. That plus Tinkerer and Sacrifice effects let you use the ability to get as much stats out of your ressources as possible.

You won't need to use him all the time, but late-game, when you have lots of ressources, he can be useful for not wasting them.

I guess it could also work with a discard-using deck, but I never tried comboing it with the Exiles....

Cheers,

I'll take a look at a possible exiles deck as that sounds interesting.

Offline RavenSworn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 11:55:39 AM »
I used this guy with flame dawn to basically buff the attackers with secluded and make them bigger.

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »
The requirement to use card's cost makes him a waste of command slot, imho.
And he isn't doing anything useful enough to justify playing from hand and losing 4 res worth of tempo.

At least another orion is situationally useful as his ability has the potential to hugely shift the battlefield
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:07:51 PM by zekses »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »
I used him in a Shield Generator Deck togheter with Tygris and Omnimind to keep the Shield Generator running longer. The deck worked, but kinda felt strange to play. Don't know why.

I guess in general Zekses is right about the card.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 02:51:05 PM »
Not having a Tygris, I run Orion with his alter ego so in a MU02 deck
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 04:57:29 PM »
MU02 decks benefit much better from coyle, assimilator or coyle, symbiote + infested scavenger
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:32:53 PM by zekses »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 06:11:01 PM »
I've been trying to come up with a decent deck concept around him ever since I got him. But like all the Orion cards, including Orion's Grave, it's just too sluggish for it's effect. You're basically paying, today's cost for tomorrow's effect because you can't use the card created right away, and unless i'm mistaken, the cards he creates, no matter what you had to pay before, costs 3 I think right? so you can still only get 6/6 out from then on and it will cost 3 and can only use it once per turn. Good luck to you, but I don't think he's really worth it so much at the moment.
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Brueson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 07:11:35 PM »
I've used him effectively in Rift Runs before. It is better than paying 5 for a random card that may or may not be a creature, when you have no cards and need a creature. He can target ANY card though, and use its cost for a double cost creature.

Maybe he can be used to great effect in ability based decks? Pair up with Aether Acolyte. Throw in a lot of pointed removal abilities or whatever your pleasure. Then when you have no targets to kill with death ray and the like, you use Orion to make a 6/6 out of the death ray. You don't mind losing a turn to get the creature, cause they don't have one out either in theory since you just killed them all.

This would create card advantage, since for every one card they lose to your abilities, even a 1 for 1 trade at cast, you get a creature next round which is like drawing a creature card and playing it. Thus a net gain. Tri-color with Flame Dawn or Sleepers for more kill/board movement options.

Great... now I want to try to build a deck around him.

Offline _rgriff

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 04:18:34 PM »
He is not worth it. For 10 res you can have a 20/20 token. meh.