Author Topic: ANIME DISCUSSION!!  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
Re: ANIME DISCUSSION!!
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 10:07:44 PM »
I'll be sure to try these out wayfinder (well the ones i havebt watched at least)
Im currently watching akame ga kill and i gotta say its one hell of a good anime,
I really recommend it though, alongside HxH and one punch man

Part of that you should probably put in spoiler lol
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2016, 10:20:04 PM »
I'll be sure to try these out wayfinder (well the ones i havebt watched at least)
Im currently watching akame ga kill and i gotta say its one hell of a good anime,

fixed. My bad^^
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2016, 10:33:39 PM »

fixed. My bad^^

:P Anyway I'm glad you like it. The ending is actually a very impressive and decent ending. :) Though I hear you on the feels. There is much of them in this one lol.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 12:32:11 AM »
How could you not include the To Love Ru series in the ecchi category? And One Punch Man and Shinsekai Yori have been stated above, no need to state again (alright, you might have wanted to go into detail, fine).

It should also be mentioned that the opening theme for To Love Ru Darkness is awesome.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2016, 01:05:55 AM »
How could you not include the To Love Ru series in the ecchi category? And One Punch Man and Shinsekai Yori have been stated above, no need to state again (alright, you might have wanted to go into detail, fine).

It should also be mentioned that the opening theme for To Love Ru Darkness is awesome.

I never got into To Love Ru that much. :P It was kind of boring for me, and the "jokes" in it are all played out I got bored. I watched the first season but that was it. And there was hardly any good ecchi parts in it.

also, since you mentioned themes, I really liked the ending theme of Kiss x Sis, it's silly but it's kind of fun. lol. One of the few themes I actually watched almost every time.

Offline Johnny_Retro

• All Your Base Are Belong To Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 02:20:32 PM »
I gonna add some Anime to Wayfinders Must-See List.

Horror:

Hellsing Ultimate
Hellsing, a secret organization of the British government, has long been battling supernatural threats to keep the people safe from creatures of the night. The current leader, Integra Wingates Hellsing controls her own personal army to eliminate the undead beings, but even her highly trained soldiers pale in comparison to her most trusted vampire exterminator, a man by the name of Alucard, who is actually a powerful vampire himself. Along with Integra's mysterious butler and Alucard's new vampire minion, Seras Victoria, The Hellsing Organization must face not only regular ghouls and vampires, but a rivaling secret organization from the Vatican, and Millennium, an enigmatic group of madmen spawned by a certain war over 50 years ago... A bloody battle between monsters is about to begin. The dead are dancing, and all hell is singing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUwPcpDlq_I

Jigoku Shōjo
Somewhere in the vast sea of the Internet, there's a website that can only be accessed at the stroke of midnight. Known as the Jigoku Tsushin, rumor has it that if you post a grudge there, the Jigoku Shoujo will appear and drag whoever torments you into the inferno. Very little is known about the girl—all we know for sure is that she lives with her equally enigmatic grandmother, that three magical straw dolls accompany and serve her, and that whenever a posting on the Jigoku Tsushin moves her, she becomes the Jigoku Shoujo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo5wuctIMWk

Action:
Black Lagoon
Okajima Rokuro is a Japanese businessman in a town full of Japanese businessmen. His normal day consists of social drinking with clients and being kicked around by his bosses. He finally gets a break though, as he's sent by his company to the tropical seas of Eastern China to deliver a disc. But his boat gets hijacked by a band of mercenaries hired to retrieve the disc. Rock (as he is newly dubbed by his captors) catches the interest of the only female merc Revy as she thinks he's worth a ransom, taking him hostage. However, the disc that was stolen has a terrible secret that's unknown to Rock, which causes massive confusion and chaos for both him and his kidnappers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyw9767xzO0

Comedy:
Great Teacher Onizuka
Onizuka is a reformed biker gang leader who has his sights set on an honorable new ambition: to become the world's greatest teacher... for the purpose of meeting sexy high school girls. Okay, so he's mostly reformed.
However, strict administrators and a class of ruthless delinquents stand between Onizuka and his goal and they will use any means, however illegal or low, to drive the new teacher away. Perfect, because Onizuka's methods won't be found in any teaching manual; he cares about the difference between legal and illegal activities about as much as he cares for the age difference between himself and a high school girl.
So get ready for math that doesn't add up, language you'd be slapped for using, and biology that would make a grown man blush... unless of course, you're the Great Teacher Onizuka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_X_PIkdMU

Sora no Otoshimono
Sakurai Tomoki has been having the same strange dream since he was a child and would wake up in tears. Sugata, an upperclassman at his school, believes the dream to be of the new continent. Later that night, while waiting under the cherry trees for Sugata and his childhood friend, an angel called Ikaros comes flying down and his peaceful life changes from then on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqpdFT8wHh8

Ecchi:
High School DxD
Issei Hyodo is your average perverted high school student whose one wish in life is to have his own harem, but he's got to be one of the unluckiest guys around. He goes on his first date with a girl only to get brutally attacked and killed when it turns out the girl is really a vicious fallen angel. To top it all off, he's later reincarnated as a devil by his gorgeous senpai who tells him that she is also a devil and now his master! One thing's for sure, his peaceful days are over. In a battle between devils and angels, who will win?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYDDS0OzV_Q

Mystery:
Steins;Gate <3 <3 <3
The self-proclaimed mad scientist Rintarou Okabe rents out a room in a rickety old building in Akihabara, where he indulges himself in his hobby of inventing prospective 'future gadgets' with fellow lab members: Mayuri Shiina, his air-headed childhood friend, and Hashida Itaru, a perverted hacker nicknamed "Daru." The three pass the time by tinkering with their most promising contraption yet, a machine dubbed the "Phone Microwave," which performs the strange function of morphing bananas into piles of green gel.
Though miraculous in itself, the phenomenon doesn't provide anything concrete in Okabe's search for a scientific breakthrough; that is, until the lab members are spurred into action by a string of mysterious happenings before stumbling upon an unexpected success—the Phone Microwave can send emails to the past, altering the flow of history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwcTi86cFeg
"Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time" - John Lennon

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2016, 09:39:35 AM »
I already mentioned Black Lagoon...

Good list.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 01:39:26 AM »

Horror:

Hellsing Ultimate

I haven't seen this one but I've heard a lot about it. But, I'm kind of over all the vampire hype and stuff so, don't think I'll watch it any time soon.

Jigoku Shōjo

AKA Hell Girl. It's available on netflix. I watched it a long time ago, but it's not really very scary to me, and I don't know, I always felt like something was missing from it.

Comedy:

Haven't seen either of your comedy suggestions. I'll give them a look later on.

Ecchi:

High School DxD

I can't stand this one. I used to love it. The first season was great despite the cliche's it was still pretty funny at times, and it wasn't over the top. And I liked the sacrifices he made for the female MC. But season 2 was all downhill. Too much "Engrish" move names and just overall corny. That's why I didn't include it in my list.

Mystery:

Steins;Gate <3 <3 <3

I tried watching Steins;Gate before, but it was so dry and so slow I just couldn't get into it. I keep meaning to give it another try but I haven't gotten around to it yet. But I've heard a lot of good things about this one too.

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2016, 12:18:55 PM »
All I want is Code Geass season 3, if this ever comes

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »
All I want is Code Geass season 3, if this ever comes

No. It won't. They've already done quite a few spin off series of this. If you're talking about the one with lelouch I am very certain that they will not be expanding on it. In fact I hope they never do because R2 was ended so refreshingly perfect, I wouldn't want to see them ruin it. In fact, I have not watched nor intend to watch any of the spin off series they've created to keep what happened in the first two seasons the way it is.

Offline GotherL

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 01:29:19 AM »
I am surprised someone here has mentioned Rokka no Yuusha. That one was one of my favorite animes this year.

I also liked Gate Jitai, Noragami, Charlotte, boku no dake, dungeon no Deai

However I did not really like One Punch Man. I think it was mostly hype!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:31:30 AM by GotherL »

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 04:23:43 AM »
I did not really like One Punch Man

Ow! it hurts every time. ;-;

(Noragami is great, gate is good, charlotte... was different. very different but I stopped watching after a while it was just, too different for me. lol

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 05:57:51 PM »
does anybody know when the hell the naruto arc will come back to naruto and sasuke fighting madara? i got to the point where project tsukiomi was cast and then everyone went into a dream state and they went off into a ridiculous tangent that i don't give a damn about. i just want to see naruto become hokage, and pork/marry hinata (aka my waifu)

Anybody in the world know when it is, if it already has come back to the main story or when it will come back to it?  :'(

Offline GotherL

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2016, 10:38:04 AM »
Anyone seen Akame Ga KIll yet? This anime is puffyen brutal I gotta say.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2016, 03:15:55 PM »
Anyone seen Akame Ga KIll yet? This anime is puffyen brutal I gotta say.

Yes. It is an excellent anime that doesn't hold back. But it is a little rushed because it's only 12 episides if I'm not mistaken so I wish they would have developed characters a little more and made it 24 episodes.