Author Topic: ANIME DISCUSSION!!  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
ANIME DISCUSSION!!
« on: December 31, 2015, 07:33:17 AM »
What are some animes you're looking forward to in the coming year, and what are some you're missing already? I for one am looking forward to:

The return of Shokugeki no Souma,
One Punch Man,
Tokyo Ghoul,
Rokka no Yuusha (though have not heard anything about this one)
and many others! :D

I'm sad to see One Punch man ending so soon, and other promising animes such as Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. What are your favorite animes that are ending or have ended? And what are you looking forward to? :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:39:16 PM by Wayfinder1026 »
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Johnny_Retro

• All Your Base Are Belong To Me!
    • View Profile
Re: ANIME DISCUSSION!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 12:05:22 PM »
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2!
I've read all translated mangas and because of that, i already know what's gonna happen.
But nonetheless i'm very excited to see this stuff in motion, together with the great (but badly pronounced) german soundtrack.
I really love Mika Kobayashi, but she need to learn how to stress syllables or german words at all correctly.

I also need to watch Overlord.
The anime was completed months ago, but i hadn't enough time to see it yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:08:42 PM by Johnny_Retro »
"Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time" - John Lennon

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 01:47:31 PM »
K-Return of Kings was very good. I recomment the entire series.
Rokka no Yuusha is good, just be careful to not end up spoiling the end to yourself accidentally. The plot twists are good.
Noragami + Second Season are pretty good,
Komori-san wa Kotowarenai.... so adorable, still have to see everything. I wish the manga was longer....
Utawarerumono Itsuwari No Kamen, a must-see for these who liked the original Utawarerumono. It is quite good, haven't seen everything yet.
Shomin Sample - Comedy, Ecchi, Harem and done in a fun way. The Comedy is actually funny, the characters are amusing and adorable. And their antics are hilarious to observe. Sadly, this isn't guaranteed anymore within the harem comedy genre.

Checking the Anime that are going to appear, there is "Re Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu" which is pretty awesome, the manga is good if way too short as of now. Also Big Order is coming, which was good from what I read of the manga.... Oh, and Sindbad no Bouken, that one is pretty nice.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Klassick

• "I'm not negative. Just there are no positives"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 03:07:14 PM »
God Almighty...  I am really needing to update myself...  I guess the last anime I take time to watch was Inu Yasha. Lol
"Everyone here likes the game. We just hate the devs."
- MerliniX

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 03:33:55 PM »
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2!
I've read all translated mangas and because of that, i already know what's gonna happen.
But nonetheless i'm very excited to see this stuff in motion, together with the great (but badly pronounced) german soundtrack.
I really love Mika Kobayashi, but she need to learn how to stress syllables or german words at all correctly.

I also need to watch Overlord.
The anime was completed months ago, but i hadn't enough time to see it yet.

Oh I forgot about shingeki no kyojin season 2! yeah i'm looking forward to that one too. but the first one was like 2 years ago wasn't it? i'll have to rewatch it to remember everything. I never read manga anymore just watch anime. I haven't seen Overlord but i just read the synopsis it sounds promising.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 03:39:19 PM »
Rokka no Yuusha is good, just be careful to not end up spoiling the end to yourself accidentally. The plot twists are good.
Komori-san wa Kotowarenai.... so adorable, still have to see everything. I wish the manga was longer....
Utawarerumono Itsuwari No Kamen, a must-see for these who liked the original Utawarerumono. It is quite good, haven't seen everything yet.
Shomin Sample - Comedy, Ecchi, Harem and done in a fun way. The Comedy is actually funny, the characters are amusing and adorable. And their antics are hilarious to observe. Sadly, this isn't guaranteed anymore within the harem comedy genre.

Checking the Anime that are going to appear, there is "Re Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu" which is pretty awesome, the manga is good if way too short as of now. Also Big Order is coming, which was good from what I read of the manga.... Oh, and Sindbad no Bouken, that one is pretty nice.

K was decent didn't finish season 2 though. Shomin sample has some funny parts but if you're looking for ecchi with serious comedy i recommend Prison School. It's so funny they made a live-action series of it. :D ReZero sounds very promising so i'll keep an eye out for it. thanks for mentioning it or i might not have ever heard about it!

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »
God Almighty...  I am really needing to update myself...  I guess the last anime I take time to watch was Inu Yasha. Lol

That is hilarious lol. if nothing else, you should watch Hunter X Hunter 2011. it's worth it. and the art is simple like Inu Yasha but the anime is very deep and 100x's better than Inu Yasha.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 05:23:29 PM »

K was decent didn't finish season 2 though. Shomin sample has some funny parts but if you're looking for ecchi with serious comedy i recommend Prison School. It's so funny they made a live-action series of it. :D ReZero sounds very promising so i'll keep an eye out for it. thanks for mentioning it or i might not have ever heard about it!

I have heard the Anime of Shomin Sample isn't as good as the manga, because the main character isn't as trollish.

Hmmmm... I think I read some of prison School, but I didn't like how the manga was going and dropped it. Different taste I guess? Maybe I will check it out again sometime.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 05:28:09 PM »

I have heard the Anime of Shomin Sample isn't as good as the manga, because the main character isn't as trollish.

Hmmmm... I think I read some of prison School, but I didn't like how the manga was going and dropped it. Different taste I guess? Maybe I will check it out again sometime.
I have to admit, it can be tough to watch because i'm not a fan of like, abusive stuff, in this case, the guys getting pommeled by the girls, but it's just too funny to stop watching. even if they do get beaten, the stuff they get into is hilarious.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:29:59 PM by Wayfinder1026 »

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 01:50:19 AM »
Overlord was a disappointment. The pace of the series was terribly slow. One Punch Man was good, but you expected me to say that.

As for stuff I recommend:
Nichijou and Daily Lives of Highschool Boys are very funny comedy animes. Funny how their names are so similar.
Sayonara, Zetsubo Sensei combines social commentary with comedy, which may not be everyone's cup of tea, but worth giving a try.
WataMote will make you laugh and cringe at the same time. Didn't know that was physically possible.
Suzumiya Haruhi is not as funny but good, worth giving a try.
Black Lagoon combines features of action movies nicely with the anime medium, with good doses of badassery.
From the New World is a very good anime which has feels. You might remember it as the anime where I got the ending theme for my signature below, in the past.

A friend once said that the anime I watch is weird. I guess I don't really like mainstream anime (other than Fairy Tail, because comedy).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:52:14 AM by CommunistMountain »

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 02:32:36 AM »
not much, just shingeki no kyojin, more fairy tail episodes (I've read the manga but even that isnt finished)
i've been wondering if thats all for one punch man. it was really great, will there be any season 2 or something?
ive watched naruto, HxH and SAO, so not much of an anime fan, just like some specific animes.
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 05:58:56 AM »
not much, just shingeki no kyojin, more fairy tail episodes (I've read the manga but even that isnt finished)
i've been wondering if thats all for one punch man. it was really great, will there be any season 2 or something?
ive watched naruto, HxH and SAO, so not much of an anime fan, just like some specific animes.

it would be almost impossible to imagine there not being a second season of one punch man. it did incredible in Japan and there were some ova's made for it. I think it's very likely to get a second season but it hasn't been officially announced yet. i do have good news for you probably since SAO is getting a third season as far as i heard. so unless that's been called off enjoy that. though i'm not particularly concerned about it. and i'm glad naruto is coming to an end, i loved it but the filler episodes completely killed it for me.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 06:00:26 AM »
Overlord was a disappointment. The pace of the series was terribly slow. One Punch Man was good, but you expected me to say that.

As for stuff I recommend:
Nichijou and Daily Lives of Highschool Boys are very funny comedy animes. Funny how their names are so similar.
Sayonara, Zetsubo Sensei combines social commentary with comedy, which may not be everyone's cup of tea, but worth giving a try.
WataMote will make you laugh and cringe at the same time. Didn't know that was physically possible.
Suzumiya Haruhi is not as funny but good, worth giving a try.
Black Lagoon combines features of action movies nicely with the anime medium, with good doses of badassery.
From the New World is a very good anime which has feels. You might remember it as the anime where I got the ending theme for my signature below, in the past.

A friend once said that the anime I watch is weird. I guess I don't really like mainstream anime (other than Fairy Tail, because comedy).

I've seen from the new world, which is absolutely stunning story and very different. although it is a little confusing at first but after rewatching it it's excellent. i haven't seen any of the other ones so i'll look at a few of them thanks for the recommendations :D

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 11:13:50 AM »

it would be almost impossible to imagine there not being a second season of one punch man. it did incredible in Japan and there were some ova's made for it. I think it's very likely to get a second season but it hasn't been officially announced yet. i do have good news for you probably since SAO is getting a third season as far as i heard. so unless that's been called off enjoy that. though i'm not particularly concerned about it. and i'm glad naruto is coming to an end, i loved it but the filler episodes completely killed it for me.
lol im actually enjoying the fillers since i read the whole manga and know whats going on in the main story but i dont know what will happen in the fillers, so its something new for me :P
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 06:32:59 PM »

lol im actually enjoying the fillers since i read the whole manga and know whats going on in the main story but i dont know what will happen in the fillers, so its something new for me :P
well that's one way of looking at it i guess. I never thought of it like that. mostly i just assumed the creators didn't give a crap about their fans and wanted to annoy their loyale watchers. o3o