Author Topic: Taking Infinity Wars to the Next Level  (Read 52178 times)

Offline skullmetal

• View Profile
Re: Taking Infinity Wars to the Next Level
« Reply #360 on: February 16, 2016, 08:03:41 PM »
I´ve started playing IW mid 2014 and got instantly addicted. There's no other TCG with such a great mechanics and strategy depth - to compare it to Hearthstone is just not fair, the latter is so basic that made me quit after less than 1 month. On top of that, the Lore and cards are awesome. I love DoD and Verore!

Nevertheless, as most things in life we do get bored for a period of time after extensively playing it. In my case it was after roughly 200 hours of play (that's a lot for a casual player like me). I left due to a mix of lack of players (and back in the days we had a lot more, daily streamers and so on), really slow progress in terms of levels and cards, bugs, bad decisions from developers and, to my eyes, the really ugly UI (even after the revamp they made).

This is by far the least P2W TCG game that I´ve ever played. One can literally get all cards they want if one invest the time to. To me, it was too much time what ultimately led me to want to invest money (more than I initially planned, I should say), as I couldn't invest the time to get the cards. I do want to add that this was one of the few f2p digital games that I decided to spend money on - and that I deem as the epitome of a good game (or at least potentially).

After I came back I struggled a bit to maintain a play routine, as the game still felt a lot as always and the player base dropped even more. I recently logged in for one last time before completely abandoning the game and my investment, after seeing a lot of bad reviews in Steam about the game moving towards a dead end.

Luckily, the online players shed light on the matter and showed me this topic! I was very happy to know that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel! I do love this game and want to keep playing and bring friends to it. There's a lot of things that should be fixed before I even consider suggesting this game to friends, as I'm pretty sure they will quit after some matches.

I will not quote all of them as I´m sure (and hope) the staff have already gone through each and every one. I just wanted to add that, besides the known bugs and a better campaign / in-game cardbase (management and wiki-alike), I would highly suggest revisiting the UI. Do not neglect what may seem a not so important thing and consider the actual one as satisfactory , as this is a crucial point to attract more players, owing to the fact that the awesome mechanics is already there! Games like Duelyst and Hearthstone are years ahead of IW on this point (and the former is still in Open Beta).

I'm still not playing it, as I want to be sure that things will change for better and the game get the audience it deserves! I'm following this thread weekly to check the news!

For all the developers and staff, I wish you a really awesome and successful "re-start" with the new Publisher and really hope to get back to the game soon!

Cheers,
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:36:21 AM by skullmetal »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 30, 2016, 07:28:08 PM »
Bump.

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 01, 2016, 03:43:02 AM »
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline JHOW4864

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »
10 months later, and definitely some next lvl shiz right here  ;)