Author Topic: Taking Infinity Wars to the Next Level  (Read 53198 times)

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
Re: Taking Infinity Wars to the Next Level
« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2016, 12:24:53 AM »
But we've all figured it out. I learned by clicking on the graveyard of players to see what happened. I'm not saying that something might not be needed but I think there are still ways already to help. Although I suppose a new player might not know he can click on the graveyard but I guess I just don't think it's a problem that's as serious as you make it sound? Hmm...
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2016, 12:36:22 AM »
This is definitely not the biggest problem the game might have. But in my opinion introducing battle log would be much more useful rather than revamping the campaign in third time. That's it :)

I won't go on riot if campaign will get top priority above everything else this game needs. I just wanted to provide and protect for some degree my opinion about the order in which things might come in the game.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2016, 01:11:11 AM »
This is definitely not the biggest problem the game might have. But in my opinion introducing battle log would be much more useful rather than revamping the campaign in third time. That's it :)

I won't go on riot if campaign will get top priority above everything else this game needs. I just wanted to provide and protect for some degree my opinion about the order in which things might come in the game.

well fair enough~ c:
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline MarxLance

• "Death en masse"
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 23, 2016, 08:03:19 AM »
AAH, what happened?!
All I wanted to talk about the campaign was returning some of the free starter decks we used to get from there! Oi, now we're talking about remaking it...
Welp, that is what discussions do.  :P
I don't think we need to remake the campaign. Just add some directory in the game of all the cards and ALL THE ABILITIES AND WHAT THEY DO IN EXQUISITE DETAIL. Or maybe just some of the carry-over abilities like poison and overcharge. I think that will clear up many of the confusions.

Offline MarxLance

• "Death en masse"
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2016, 08:49:04 AM »
As a side-note regarding soul-bound cards, I'm in support of a liquidating system (like...omgimgoingtosayit...hearthstone. eeeewwwwww) where you can turn in unused cards for...something. idk. Something that doesn't break the system (like IP?). Thats the easiest fix I can think of.

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #335 on: January 23, 2016, 11:32:40 AM »
Something that doesn't break the system (like IP?).
No details here, don't want to go off-topic and I already have enough posts about it :) Just saying - IP is literally most gamebreaking thing in the game :)
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline MarxLance

• "Death en masse"
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2016, 07:24:49 PM »
Something that doesn't break the system (like IP?).
No details here, don't want to go off-topic and I already have enough posts about it :) Just saying - IP is literally most gamebreaking thing in the game :)

Oop, kk. Then something else that's not game breaking
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:03:24 PM by MarxLance »

Offline Xamnen

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
Hello all!

I'm relatively new to Infinity wars but I love the mechanics and strategy to it. I'm currently entirely a free player (though I'm considering buying some LP just to support Lightmare and the mysterious publisher) so I'd like that all the cards remain available to free players, though I'm fine with people paying money to speed their progression. I'd love to see a database added that lists and explains cards and their effects. Maybe I'm an outlier but the basic concept behind the game and the playing part was not hard to grasp, but the strategy and effects are, and that's probably where most of the new players will be thrown off, because they can't learn the strategy well in the current state of the game unless they are dedicated.

Towards that end, I think a new player queue should be added, separate from the pauper queue. Personally, as soon as I pulled my first rare or higher card I started building a deck around it if I could, so I never played many pauper games. Maybe make the queue have a level limit, so only people below a certain level can play in it and its more likely that they get someone in their skill level and not a veteran throwing agent coyles and martyr golems at them.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2016, 08:52:09 PM »
Hello all!

I'm relatively new to Infinity wars but I love the mechanics and strategy to it. I'm currently entirely a free player (though I'm considering buying some LP just to support Lightmare and the mysterious publisher) so I'd like that all the cards remain available to free players, though I'm fine with people paying money to speed their progression. I'd love to see a database added that lists and explains cards and their effects. Maybe I'm an outlier but the basic concept behind the game and the playing part was not hard to grasp, but the strategy and effects are, and that's probably where most of the new players will be thrown off, because they can't learn the strategy well in the current state of the game unless they are dedicated.

Towards that end, I think a new player queue should be added, separate from the pauper queue. Personally, as soon as I pulled my first rare or higher card I started building a deck around it if I could, so I never played many pauper games. Maybe make the queue have a level limit, so only people below a certain level can play in it and its more likely that they get someone in their skill level and not a veteran throwing agent coyles and martyr golems at them.

Hi Xamnen!

Welcome mate!

As far as I know, new players has an option on the constructed screen where u can choose to face only another new players.

The problem is, how we have some Veterans with smurfs here, sometimes, a "rookie" isn`t exactly a "rookie"!  :o

Offline MarxLance

• "Death en masse"
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 24, 2016, 08:10:28 AM »
*angwy face
You guys need to be nice to new players! If you are doing normal play and you see your opponent doesn't have a rank, don't destroy them with some complicated box-sac combo!  >:(

jkjk  ::) do whatever you want

Offline Xamnen

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 24, 2016, 04:46:25 PM »
Hi Xamnen!

Welcome mate!

As far as I know, new players has an option on the constructed screen where u can choose to face only another new players.

The problem is, how we have some Veterans with smurfs here, sometimes, a "rookie" isn`t exactly a "rookie"!  :o

Thanks!

If that's true I'm sorry, I've just never seen it.

Also as a thought for something waaaaaay down the line, I think games with multiple players (more than 2) would be awesome. There is a whole list of other things that should be done first, but a man can dream :D

Offline KingMickey

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2016, 10:14:45 AM »
Well, it sounds good. I'd love to see the game take off, it deserves far more than its current state imho (better than the overly-played and huge success Hearth of the Stone= HotS-see what I did there?).

Me, I got in the game since beta when a friend told me about it where he found it on twitch. Now, that friend has given up on the game :(

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2016, 12:08:32 PM »
Wasnt there a thread a while back about which cards from whiCh factions a noob should watch out for? Like vs verore death ray, mass death, etc.

What if there was an in game thing you could toggle off called "Advisor" or "Guidance System" that lists on the side cards to watch out for based on opponent resources available? This way noobs can check out some basic things and dont randomly get wiped and lose. Ofc it might make things more cluttered so idk

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 27, 2016, 03:37:34 PM »
Wasnt there a thread a while back about which cards from whiCh factions a noob should watch out for? Like vs verore death ray, mass death, etc.

What if there was an in game thing you could toggle off called "Advisor" or "Guidance System" that lists on the side cards to watch out for based on opponent resources available? This way noobs can check out some basic things and dont randomly get wiped and lose. Ofc it might make things more cluttered so idk

We already have a fantastic work made by CommunistMountain that fits this description:

Thread: Cards to Keep in Mind Against Certain Purity Combinations (http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65468)

By the way, this is one of those threads that should have been sticked a long time ago too  ::)

Offline Sabwa

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2016, 11:32:40 PM »
If we're talking about improving IW I would suggest fixing this memory leak thing. I believe the game loads up cards but doesn't remove them from memory when the player is done with them.

I spend a lot of time in the deck builder making stupid decks but the game often crashes on me, I don't even think I can load my whole collection without the game crashing which makes deck building rather difficult.

Outside the deck builder I still get the same crash but I can play longer without having to worry about it since I'm not loading as many cards. Idk about other people but this is a big issue for me.
'Never have I seen such a strong will to live'