Author Topic: Taking Infinity Wars to the Next Level  (Read 55719 times)

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Infinity Wars to the Next Level
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 09:44:42 PM »
Only time will tell how this all turns out in the end the question is how long is the waiting game this time ?

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »
Well this sounds really amazing. I think Orisolve is super-pessimistic right now, but he has some fair points because something scares me:
If this new publisher decides how things go on, it might become a pay2win or Freemium game and I'd absolutly hate that. It really really depends on the publisher, please don't let it be Aeria Games..

Offline wooferdog

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2015, 10:14:49 PM »
Doubt I'll stick around if EA got the deal - they've done terrible things to "free" games...

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2015, 10:16:33 PM »
Doubt I'll stick around if EA got the deal - they've done terrible things to "free" games...
DLCs in infinity wars... wow didnt see that coming, thx for the potential heads-up.
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2015, 11:08:05 PM »
At least this gives me some hope, I was on the verge of uninstalling the game because I thought  development would not resume anytime soon (if ever).

Only thing I'm going to say is: please keep news coming, communication is key for keeping the community interested and the lack of it has brought a huge pessimistic mood to the forums. Let us know more about what's coming, as soon as possible.

^ This, there's no excuse for keeping your own players in the dark. Without players the game won't survive, ignoring them is the worst thing you can do since it will basicaly end up costing you your own playerbase.

Not telling us who the new publisher is, for instance, is not exactly a good sign, but I understand you probably want to take it slow since it's a relaunch anyway.

You can't just say 'a new publisher' and not say anything else CannonFodder. At the very least tell us what will happen to people's accounts and collections in this new re-launch.

Edit:
Also, I forgot to add: I understand that Lightmare probably wants 'patience' from us, but guys at Lightmare... let's be honest, we players are pass that point, you've asked for 'patience' for almost 2 years now, there's a point in which one feels like he's being toyed with, asking for patience now seems almost like a joke. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just know that doing that is not a 'free pass' into buying time, people have been (and still are) leaving this game because of exactly that. Be honest and frontal about things like future of the game, playerbase, development, etc., it shows that we are dealing with someone who cares about the game, and about us as players.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:17:42 PM by Kevkas »

Offline KillerOrc

• The road to success is always under construction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 11:22:49 PM »
Good luck!

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 11:53:07 PM »
I, for one, am actually all for firing the whole programming team behind this mess of a client. If they just keep some game designers and artists and bring in competent programmers the game will only benefit

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2015, 01:09:11 AM »
I, for one, am actually all for firing the whole programming team behind this mess of a client. If they just keep some game designers and artists and bring in competent programmers the game will only benefit

I don't think that's a fair point. I mean lets be honest, those guys got the game to the point it's at, and frankly we all love the game so they can't be so horrible. plus they're a small team so there's only so much they could do. In addition if they got new guys, with different visions how will it affect the game? if they haven't been involved all this time and they're brand new they have a lot of catching up to do to understand the feel of the game.
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 01:23:38 AM »

I don't think that's a fair point. I mean lets be honest, those guys got the game to the point it's at
Yes, to near death state.

and frankly we all love the game
no thanks to its programming

In addition if they got new guys, with different visions how will it affect the game? 
I did specifically say "keep the game designers" 

they have a lot of catching up to do to understand the feel of the game.
Rewriting  the mess of an engine from design documents will take care of that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:25:36 AM by zekses »

Offline MzudemX

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 01:26:13 AM »
DotA = DEAD GAME!!!

u wot m8

Purple soooooooo OP!!!

no fix by robby frog so IW = DEAD GAME!!!

edit: I am still rofling at your response Moose. Big hug for my fav wild dear.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:30:18 AM by MzudemX »

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 01:46:45 AM »
sounds great. and i just thought teremus had been the only person on lightmare staff xD

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2015, 01:59:25 AM »
This is good news, it is actually Great! news, that is very very suspiciously timed. It is almost like they are telling us exactly what we want to hear, but what is the reality of the situation.

1) They claim to want to be more involved in the community, yet the leaders of the IW community, Teremus, Adorabear, MerlinX, Grinnin, Etc... No one seemed to know anything about this move they were making, seems like mixed messages to me.

2) They Claim to be giving us exactly what we have always wanted, but are extremely vague about what that is other than "more active players".

I am not saying Lightmare is lying, all I am saying is that they have sold me dreams before only to leave me dissapointed. So I reserve judgement until I actually see the change.

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2015, 02:43:25 AM »
No one seemed to know anything about this move they were making
But it is actually pretty consistent with what they are saying. It seems likely that the new management will bring with it its own PR department and Teremus leaving just means that they couldn't or didn't bother to arrange his transfer.

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 03:15:13 AM »
No one seemed to know anything about this move they were making
But it is actually pretty consistent with what they are saying. It seems likely that the new management will bring with it its own PR department and Teremus leaving just means that they couldn't or didn't bother to arrange his transfer.

"Couldnt or didnt bother" to arrange the transfer of the litteral figurehead of Infinity Wars? Im not saying your not wrong, I am just saying that even if you are right the logic behind it is pretty foul.

Even if they decided that Teremus was driftwood of a failed ideology that they wanted to distance themselves from, heck you could even say that the leaving of Teremus symbolized the fall of the old ways and the start of something new. There is a way you could look at it and make sense of it if that was the case.

But at the end of the day all we have seen so far are hints and promises and alot of notable players/members leaving. Am I excited for the future? Ofcourse I am, I love this game to death, but the state it is in right now makes it unplayable to me. Do I want to see this game prosper? Ofcourse I do. Has Lightmare made promises before? Yes, heck do you remember the "Block Rotation" scheme that they came up with, which I detested but respected it because it was a major attempt to breathe some life into the game.

Long story short, If this is true no one could be happier than me, do I think it is? I dont know, maybe the game wont die, maybe the servers wont get shut down, maybe more players will come back and start playing. But with out the Major change people have been demanding for years comes, the cycle will only repeat itself. And so far the only thing they have promised is more players and "new content"

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2015, 03:20:16 AM »
Weak_wolf just because they were not talking publicly about private negotiations doesn't mean no one knew about them. Grinnin Gin sold his collection and then told everyone the game is dead and left, why would you think they would tell him about their publishing negotiations. As you know im always for more communication but this is not the same as some late patch notes.

Teremus got a new/better job at another company Zekses it had nothing to do with this deal.

Feel free to be dubious people, no one is asking you to have high expectations or even to be patient :) be as patient as you like. Many of you have legit concerns and im sure they will be addressed in due time as things unfold. Personally im confident that the game will remain true to its core and will receive much welcome progression and development in 2016. I cant see the future but im very optimistic and ill keep doing my best to help the game grow and hopefully flourish.
Goose got me loose!