Author Topic: Taking Infinity Wars to the Next Level  (Read 33355 times)

Offline CannonFodder

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
Taking Infinity Wars to the Next Level
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:51:44 AM »
Greetings Rift Runners,

Some of you may have noticed our conspicuous silence on the forums recently and we’ve heard the concerns from our loyal fan base that Lightmare by ourselves, as a small Indie games studio, may not be best equipped to realise the full potential of Infinity Wars without the help of a bigger, more established publishing partner.  Hence, the reason why we’ve been so quiet over the past couple of months is that we’ve been busily working on finalizing the details of a partnership with a major publisher that will work with our team at Lightmare to give Infinity Wars the resources it deserves to take the game to new levels.

Already, we’ve been working with our partner to put together an upcoming roadmap of new content that we plan to add to Infinity Wars that is prioritized to address some of the most urgent issues that you, the player community, have been telling us about, including the following:

More Players and Shorter Wait Times

A big concern from our player base is that there are not enough active people playing the game, hence the wait time for match-making can sometimes be significant.  We are already working with our new publishing partner on a major re-launch and marketing effort that is expected to bring a flood of new players into Infinity Wars.  Our publisher will be helping us to not only relaunch Infinity Wars on Steam with a proper PR/Marketing plan, but also expand the game’s distribution to the Windows store and other platforms.  We expect this to significantly reduce waiting times for match-making across all game modes.

More New Content and Less Bugs

As much as we want to squash all the bugs in the game, the creation and testing of new game content while simultaneously maintaining/debugging the current online version has been a challenge for our studio’s limited resources.  Our new publishing partner has also committed to bring a seasoned team of game designers, coders and testers to compliment our team at Lightmare.  This will help us create more content faster as well as more thoroughly test each update before release.

We’ve already starting working on a number of new things that our players can look forward to including a richer PVE campaign as well as a revamp of PVP game modes that will cater to players of all experience levels.  Expect to see a lot more rewards from both the new PVE campaigns as well as the various PVP game modes over the next few months.

More Player Community Involvement

As we come up with new ideas for new game modes, cards, and factions, we’d like to be more active in communicating some of these ideas with you all to get your feedback/opinions on what things you’d like to see more (or less) of.  For those of you who are already seasoned players of Infinity Wars, we’d love to work with you to foster community-driven events, tournaments, and fan-sites, so if you have any good ideas on how to make the Infinity Wars player community more vibrant, please reach out to us and we’ll see what we can put together with you!

Thank You For Standing By Us

We will be releasing more details of all the new stuff we have planned for Infinity Wars in dribs as drabs as they are finalized after the New Year.  We’d also like to take this opportunity to give a big THANK YOU to all of those players that have stuck by us during our time building Infinity Wars.  You are the reason we've worked so hard to make this game what it is today, and you are the reason that we are asking for help to make it even better.  We cannot tell you just how excited we are to have this new publishing partnership and I can’t wait to see what we can do together with the Infinity Wars relaunch.

As always, stayed tuned for further updates and we will see you on the Battlefield!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:48:53 AM by RikkiTikki »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Taking Infinity Wars to the Next Level
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 12:55:37 AM »
Why hello there CannonFodder.

I see you popped over here from Steam, I apologize for posting twice but I really do want to know;

Will you be replacing Teremus as the liaison between Lightmare and the player base?

Is Lightmare even the people responsible for Infinity Wars and its development or is that being outsourced?

What, if any, are the plans for the current members of the Infinity Council?

I am sure others will bombard you with questions as well, but those are mine. I hope you manage to find the time to respond :)

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 12:58:15 AM »
Any comments on ANY questions that have been raised in most of the recent topics? Or we supposed just to forget all that nonsense and move on in the new better life?
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 01:05:43 AM »
...And the Grinch's heart grew 3 sizes that day...
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Pixels

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 01:44:46 AM »
Good news!

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 01:50:41 AM »
Good news.
If I recall correctly CannonFodder is David Harding.  ;D
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Zombieskittles

• Pants-wearing YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • Zombieskittles.com
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 02:21:56 AM »
I'm happy to see Lightmare continuing to try and grow the game, but I'd have liked to see...'better' promises. A relaunch sounds great, but I'd like to see if you guys can actually deliver on the community point.

You saw your silence as necessary as things were organized with your publisher, but it resulted in beliefs that led to the shut down of one of our two biggest fan resources.
Will you be getting in touch with Chapmandu and resolving this or just pretending it didn't happen and hope someone else comes up with a website infrastructure similer to Infinite Network? This is a big concern.

Also, ADORABEAR WINS.

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 03:52:02 AM »
Wow this sounds amazing. Who is the larger dev team tho?

Offline Wham

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 04:27:43 AM »
good luck

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 04:31:42 AM »
*Dances* :)
Goose got me loose!

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 04:32:53 AM »
it does make me worry however, in what ways will allying with this new company change the gaming experience for the loyal players who have been here for so long? will there be any changes to the core dynamics of the game?
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 04:41:16 AM »
I'm excited about any potential opportunity for Infinity Wars to become the game it has always deserved to be, and I wish Lightmare and this Community absolutely nothing but the best of luck in achieving that goal.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Zombieskittles

• Pants-wearing YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • Zombieskittles.com
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 04:43:34 AM »
*Dances* :)

Thank you for keeping the faith!

Offline Zipzucker

• Polyphasic sleeping to the rescue
    • View Profile
    • IoT
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 04:46:44 AM »
Intriguing.
Ravens are a highly intelligent species.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 05:51:52 AM »
Why are you guys cheering and dancing already?
What if the Lightmare servers shut down and all your progress in the game will disappear. Every card you own gone, as well as any progress in the campaign or tutorial. Infinity Wars could be sold and redone by the new company starting from "scratch". The Infinity Wars as you know it could be dead. The servers would be relocated to the new team. Don't think of it as a new company joining Infinity Wars, but Infinity Wars joining a new company where they will be their "btch". The game is going to be "re-launched", if I were a large company deciding on a partnership with Lightmare, I would have my research done. The bugs as well as the "minimal" playerbase would be apparent. I would take over the game and do it right myself. If you read between the lines of this message, it is very similar to a farewell message. It is a relaunch, if you know what that means. You don't relaunch something without tearing down the old first. Why would you "relaunch" a spaceship that has failed before. You would tear it down and build a brand new one to launch with the ideas and knowledge of the first. The communication would likely be done by the new company entirely, which we won't have knowledge of until their deal is finalized. Infinity Wars is dead, can't wait to see what the new name for this game will be. ;D

#BetterPrayImTrolling
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:56:27 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.