1) Orisolve, How could I make it more user friendly? Any suggestions?
Urza13, here are a few of my questions regarding your proposal:
2) Currently, since I am only comparing the costs of a rift run and buying draft decks to buying packs, I don’t have to consider ip boosts ( buying twice as many packs vs twice as many draft decks still has the same ratio).
However, if I included a % of the time you win in draft vs constructed section, I would have to divide it into what boosts were active. Were you thinking of something like: it would take 925/75= 12.33 extra wins per 3 losses needed for draft with no boost (not counting draft rewards), and then similar calcs for double and triple boosts?
3) People wouldn’t be able to input their expected win % directly into the spreadsheet, so I would have to have some ready made calculations for reference.
While people can download my spreadsheet as an excel file by going to file-download as- Microsoft Excel, and then make it read and write and put in values on their own, thats a lot of trouble for relatively little reward. Unless I’m missing something?
4) From what people have told me, they value easy and quick to understand over absolute accuracy. Also, once again, it can be hard to factor in the extra time from creating the draft deck.
An example of simplicity is the calculation for value of a draft deck, which is actually 30,817- 1,061 per win (the 29th win takes out 1109ip instead). I put 1070 per win because it is very close most of the time and is easier for quick calculations and understanding.
5) One of these days, I'll learn how to make my responses more concise.