Author Topic: A couple thoughts on the current state of Morale 3p DoD decks  (Read 4129 times)

Offline YoutakuGaming

• View Profile
    • Infinity Wars Gameplay
Re: A couple thoughts on the current state of Morale 3p DoD decks
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 02:38:50 AM »
Spider? I think spiders belong to Verore or Exiles. How abbouutt naked mole rat?
Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 01:19:41 PM »
Effect is more like a spider tho. And it's simply a description of her if u look she's a human. She basically lures ppl into traps. The 4/5 is supposed to be an unamed enemy soldier who is tricked into atking

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 02:35:53 PM »
Spider? I think spiders belong to Verore or Exiles. How abbouutt naked mole rat?

Why should spiders belong to verore or exiles (well, if it was a demon spider i guess that would fit)? So far there was no hint for that....and Dod has already snake spirits, so why not also having spider spirits?

Effect is more like a spider tho. And it's simply a description of her if u look she's a human. She basically lures ppl into traps. The 4/5 is supposed to be an unamed enemy soldier who is tricked into atking

Aww, so it is more of a title or nickname...I was somewhat imagining a spider spirit (in that greenish glowing Dod spirit style) and actually liked the idea. Well, reading the character type would have prevented that. :)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 02:46:54 PM »

Why should spiders belong to verore or exiles (well, if it was a demon spider i guess that would fit)? So far there was no hint for that....and Dod has already snake spirits, so why not also having spider spirits?

Aww, so it is more of a title or nickname...I was somewhat imagining a spider spirit (in that greenish glowing Dod spirit style) and actually liked the idea. Well, reading the character type would have prevented that. :)
I did make a spirit spider in the card design challenge for dod. But people often get nicknames for things.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 03:14:41 PM »
I did make a spirit spider in the card design challenge for dod. But people often get nicknames for things.

I think i might was mixing this character with the one from the card design challenge. Still, i think the idea of a dod spider spirit is quite nice. :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:16:44 PM by ToxicShadow »

Offline HellWraith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 01:21:39 AM »
I think 3P DoD is on the road to greatness, or at least better...ness.

What do you guys think is the best or a good commander lineup?

I've tried:

Daode/yuanshi/lingbao
Daode/yuanshi/kung ji
Daode/yuanshi/xi, who honors the many
Daode/yuanshi/glorious war

thoughts?  I feel like DoD needs a good vigilance 3 drop, besides Gao han whos unique.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 01:41:04 AM »
Try running Gao Han in command, HellWraith
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Hacker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 02:44:31 AM »
I think as Merlin mentioned you are missing the fact that 3 purity DOD has multiple options now, they are not limited to winning by morale and have an attacking option. If the worry is calamity as it used to be DOJO and calamity yourself is the perfect play

Even post calamity played by the opposition I have lost against them numerous time via then stacking their decks with upto 6 avatars.

Retaliation is a handy defensive option against big fliers that try to avoid your ground defences also.

I think from last set the aim was to move DOD away from being a defense only win condition for them and I believe you will see more cards all be it not 3 purity that will provide them with more attacking options from mid game onwards
The Hacker

Offline HellWraith

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 10:57:28 AM »
Try running Gao Han in command, HellWraith

I have, and hes not bad but I feel like theres another ability I should be abusing or a least a morale effect of sorts

Offline tmoua805

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 07:02:03 AM »
I myself am also a 3p dod main and I do agree with what you have to say. 3p dod is heavily heavily and I emphasize heavily reliant on avatar of lingbao as a pressure card when playing a dod morale deck. I often find myself just waiting to draw my glorious warriors/inspiring soldiers because they are the only other reliable morale damaging cards until my avatar gets in but by that time the opponent already has a whole combo or set of buffed up attacking characters waiting to kill me. I feel like once the avatar is taken care of the whole 3p dod deck just falls apart. I mean yes theres still the lingbaos will and yuanshis wrath combo but its reliant on your opponent to have a decent amount of weak characters out on the field. All in all i do strongly agree on dod often having to play the waiting game because dod can't start doing morale damage until you draw your inspiring soldiers, glorious warriors or avatar of lingbao.

Offline Moonblade92

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 07:24:18 AM »
I think 3P DoD is on the road to greatness, or at least better...ness.

What do you guys think is the best or a good commander lineup?

I've tried:

Daode/yuanshi/lingbao
Daode/yuanshi/kung ji
Daode/yuanshi/xi, who honors the many
Daode/yuanshi/glorious war

thoughts?  I feel like DoD needs a good vigilance 3 drop, besides Gao han whos unique.

Gao Han, Infected Monk for Value prupses as the buffs carry over (I've been tryign out Liand however), and Avatar of Lingbao.

the idea is to play like a Warpath deck more or less, abuse the fact your minions can take a drumming and keep going, switch out injured units into offense. It's a midrange deck tho you lose the mement someone who plays Calamity goe up against you, double so if he can take care of your Dojo.

I think as Merlin mentioned you are missing the fact that 3 purity DOD has multiple options now, they are not limited to winning by morale and have an attacking option. If the worry is calamity as it used to be DOJO and calamity yourself is the perfect play

Even post calamity played by the opposition I have lost against them numerous time via then stacking their decks with upto 6 avatars.

Retaliation is a handy defensive option against big fliers that try to avoid your ground defences also.

I think from last set the aim was to move DOD away from being a defense only win condition for them and I believe you will see more cards all be it not 3 purity that will provide them with more attacking options from mid game onwards

I know what you mean, but Morale was kinda pushed way back over the course of this, and it was an interesting way to win. Not to mention we are now stuck with cards, MANY cards in fact, that serve very little purpose for the faction.

So yeah, I didn't start this thread because I love turtling untill the timer runs out, I started it just because I was, and still am woried that DoD is going to find itself in a very bad place, where almost all it's cards are balanced for defense, but it's something that is no longer viable once you take away the finishers.

Spirit of the Serpent was a step in the right direction, but it's a terrible card for several reasons, and Monkey was a great card, but actually really annoying and hard to deal with.

And I know many factions have their own black sheep, but I dunno, I feel DoD is a lot more constricted in what it can actually play compared to most (if not everyone other than Sleepers).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 07:32:36 AM by Moonblade92 »

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 11:37:34 AM »
All triple purities are restricted

What can FD do?
What can GI do?

Exiles probably has the most options. But it doesn't really matter. Triple purities don't need to be competitively viable.

Offline tmoua805

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 08:27:19 PM »
All triple purities are restricted

What can FD do?
What can GI do?

Exiles probably has the most options. But it doesn't really matter. Triple purities don't need to be competitively viable.

of course 3p is restricted. every combination of purity that makes a deck is restricted one way or another but dod i feel is the most restricted faction of them all. what can 3p GI do? have a 10/10 combined with aleta making it a 13/13 by turn 3, what can dod do to go against that? put a invincible defender down that gets blown up or if you have gao han he also gets blown up; you really have to rely on drawing a humble first hand. and for FD they had klore which gives them consistent damage which you also need a humble to kill plus they have way more charge options than dod's vigilance its ridiculous. DOD doesn't have any consistent morale damage except for avatar but avatar alone cant win you games. glorious warrior is four cost that just ends up getting sniped one way or the other plus you need to be able to draw glorious warrior to actually start doing morale damage. Also when turn 7 comes for avatar, most of the time the board is already full of enemy characters or you health is already at 70-80. honestly dod's best defense cost effective not unique character right now is infected monk.