Author Topic: Need help building a 3 purity DoD deck.  (Read 894 times)

Offline migelini

• View Profile
Need help building a 3 purity DoD deck.
« on: September 09, 2015, 05:55:57 AM »
So my favorite faction is DoD ever since mid I start playing this game from early-ish beta. I have built many other decks but I cant just get this one right.

This is my deck so far:
https://i.gyazo.com/e01046857a0105b7d98c5d8281fac684.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/9698209e028ede6755a49f2c84660bf1.png

Thanks in advance!
“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the single candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
Re: Need help building a 3 purity DoD deck.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 05:18:38 PM »
I'm not the greatest with DoD, but I can say right now that I'd drop:

- Called Shot
- Cartographer
- Great Fortress
- Find your way (no missions?)

And add

- Jihani Ambush
- Yuanshi's Wrath (this card kills a lot of 4 hp combo starters)

Then I'd also play around with numbers so you have at least 25ish creatures in the deck. A lot of times, what happens when DoD goes light on the creatures they rely too much on the avatar which ends up getting removed leaving them with no win condition.
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline rebellion

• Prinny Dood
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:24:16 PM »
Hey there, as a bit of info on what I will list here I have been playing since closed beta. For the most part (aside maybe 2-3 days at first) have been playing 3p DoD from then till now and continue to do so. That being said I am no expert but still I would like to say I know the faction quite a bit and can maybe build a deck or two. Now as for your deck It looks pretty good. From what I can tell it is focused largely on defense and sustain with the fortress and the Chiefs to keep the line going. You have options for morale and some aggression with cards like Glorious Warrior as well as Liand. The shifting stone I personally don't play as much despite the combo with disarm but if it works then it works. Also for using Yuanshi Avatar is a nice touch. Flying and a pretty big hitter with the condition of keeping your fortress untouched for that turn. Personally I haven't played as much with him as getting that condition down consistently is a pretty big challenge.

If I had to change anything in your deck I would lose the Cartographer and phalanx Commander as I in a way relate these to a different deck style than what you have/are showing. Cartographer will get the fortress out faster but that HP sustain/buff won't be as inpactful if you have both it and yuanshi for a turn 7 play. I try and keep cards at that high of a cost to a few so a play on those turns is decisive and not usually a choice of offense/defense. The Phalanx commander is a great defensive card that can lead to some funny scenarios (Phalanx Commander + Invincible defender = 0 morale VERY fast) but for what you have it doesn't feel right. It might be because I associate a wall in that sense with one of the other locations DoD has called Great Wall of Jinhai. The flat damage reduction along with phalanx on it's own can artificially make it much more tanky and soak up more damage. Even then playing it from deck would reveal your intention and let the opponent react with removal or change it's location with other effects. If I personally play phalanx commander I play it in command to ensure I have it when necessary and keep the opponent guessing when it will come out sometimes wasting their cards. Also the "find your way" card in your deck is out of place as you don't have a mission to search for.

As for my personal deck input I have tried playing DoD in a few ways with varying ranges of success. The first one I tried with new cards coming in was for the most part an aggro DoD set-up with 3p DoD as the command set-up. For the most part it hasn't been updated so it won't do much in the current state it is in it can still hold its own. Win conditions is a mix of Fortress damage with a falling back on morale damage if things go south. --> http://snag.gy/MoQJS.jpg

The one That I am currently playing and having a good amount of success with is a bit of a Liand/Avatar variant. While this version of my deck is aggro I often end up moraling the opponent via Avatar of Lingbao or creature kills. This deck is very much aggro but it doesn't put as much pressure as others can. Because of that it relies on DoD cards such as Humble, Spirit Armor/Balance, and Xi who honors the many to create favorable trade situations. The variant I run also has morale creatures to create more pressure such as Glorious Warrior/Inspiring Soldier as well as some "value" cards that can force the opponent to invest more to take out a single creature (Monk of the Second Moon/Infected Monk). Still I understand most don't have the cards to make a variant like mine so I tried to make a sort of Budget version that can works well enough with some easy to find cards aside the Avatar. --> http://snag.gy/8OY92.jpg

For a defensive turtle style I have tested these things through and through. Most don't work out with many factions having aggro tools to push you in faster than you can build it up but some work out. My most infamous build and one that initially got me known in the player base at the time was my Ju-Lin deck. Sure it has fallen from grace and hasn't been updated it has actually netted me a win in more situations than I would of thought possible. Still i would offer it with a warning as you WILL lose several times if you try and learn this deck style. It is a bit of a battle of attrition and figuring out a sort of different style to play as when you face different factions and purity combinations. --> http://snag.gy/q6cjb.jpg

Yeah it is a wall of text but I hope at least I gave you some insight as to what combos can be done in DoD and maybe one of my decks that I listed can give you some ideas to fix up your own decks. Good luck and hope to face you someday and see how it is moving on ^_^

Offline migelini

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 08:10:28 AM »
Thank you guys! I am on the way to perfect my deck. I hope to play you all and good luck on the battlefield.   :D
“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the single candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

Online SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:17:22 AM »
Thank you guys! I am on the way to perfect my deck. I hope to play you all and good luck on the battlefield.   :D
even a perfect dod deck isnt perfect :P
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"