Author Topic: Blood Peddler Demon [card idea]  (Read 881 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Blood Peddler Demon [card idea]
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:21:46 AM »
Balaar, the Blood Peddler
1 purity Verore
Cost 7
Morale 15
Unique Character- Demon
Legendary

Pay 2: Your fortress takes 4 damage for each time you activated this ability this turn. At the beginning of your next turn you gain 2 more resources.

Pay 0: Your fortress loses 20 health, you gain 1 more resource.

Pay 2 and 1 maximum resource: Your fortress heals 12 health.

3/5

Legendary
---

Idea is to be able to carry resources on to the next turn. Can be potent if used right.

Made it a bit more unwieldy to use. Still kinda op tho. is 2 for 2

if you sac your fortress down to like 20 you can have 5 resources turn 1. Pretty potent but with a major drawback.

Last ability, want a refund? Well there you go. Can be used defensively if you feel you are low on resources, but the Blood Peddler always wins.

Thoughts? OP?

Note: it says one more resource. Not one more maximum resource. Meaning it is temporary.

Edit: nerfed for balance hopefully
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:46:46 AM by Hiding »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Blood Peddler Demon [card idea]
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 02:29:28 AM »
Needs to exhaust on each ability use.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 02:55:31 AM »
Needs to exhaust on each ability use.

unfortunately this kinda defeats the purpose of this card.

Offline Cesaltionius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 05:15:21 AM »
I have to agree, if you leave it the way it is it is way to op for the drawbacks. If you give it instead an exhaust, sac say 10 and increase max resource by one that balances more drawbacks to benefits. This' ld make it a good ramp card, then seeing as it sounds like a verore card or maybe exiles, the temporary resource ability could be sacrifice a creature gain 1 resource next turn. This would allow you to ramp into sacrificials and then dump into temporaries and summon your beat-stick which is what i imagine this is for. Because it is a little slower it will give people a chance to counteract it which makes it much more sensible. As for the refund ability i could see people being happy with pay 1 sacrifice a creature heal 10, maybe exhaust but i think that'd be a nerf for that ability. At the very least the card needs to be in lightning/firebolt range, maybe within 2 for what I've suggested.