Author Topic: Single Combat  (Read 997 times)

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
Single Combat
« on: August 23, 2015, 02:27:35 PM »
Am I the only one who feels that Single Combat is waaaaaay too expensive for what it does? I can understand it not being super cheap (unstoppable/consume) but 7 cost seems like its a bit much. Maybe this card would see some play if it was 4 or 5 cost?
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Single Combat
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »
Its a very good defense line clear if you think about it. Especially if you have a single powerful unit maybe with flying or prepare a death ray. It's almost guarantee to have a unit go through. Not to mention it can bait the enemy unit out or away from attacking. Multi use and it's neutral faction which means it can be used in any deck which tends to increase its cost.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 01:18:07 AM »
It has it uses, and yes, it could do with a slight cost decrease in my opinion.

There are 2 main ways of using it, clearing the defense for a large character hit (especially with a kill spell or stumble/exhaust, or if the character has flying{note this is how I got my Enyah Old Avatar of Daode which was a 258/23 into the opponent's fortress while at the same time getting rid of their 43/24 Hydra from the attack zone, best game I had with the old Daode})

The other main way of using it is as an assassination enabler, you can use it with evolving parasite or black bind witch to kill any character, as a bonus, if you're off priority you also avoid any battlefield kill spells, or get Aberion out of the assault zone for example.

That said, at the moment I believe I have 1 deck with any in, but no more than that at the moment.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 09:30:28 PM »
It has it uses, and yes, it could do with a slight cost decrease in my opinion.

There are 2 main ways of using it, clearing the defense for a large character hit (especially with a kill spell or stumble/exhaust, or if the character has flying{note this is how I got my Enyah Old Avatar of Daode which was a 258/23 into the opponent's fortress while at the same time getting rid of their 43/24 Hydra from the attack zone, best game I had with the old Daode})

The other main way of using it is as an assassination enabler, you can use it with evolving parasite or black bind witch to kill any character, as a bonus, if you're off priority you also avoid any battlefield kill spells, or get Aberion out of the assault zone for example.

That said, at the moment I believe I have 1 deck with any in, but no more than that at the moment.

I feel if there were more cards to encourage "superhero" characters, this card would be used a lot more. In the current meta, building up one very powerful character is not as viable. Plus the cost making it require a previously made superhero rather than making one on the spot limits it a bit, but I feel it could still be used.