Author Topic: This game needs more media coverage.  (Read 4195 times)

Offline AirborneScientist

• View Profile
Re: This game needs more media coverage.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 02:51:30 PM »
they used to have people doing big promotions for IW via youtube, streams and etc.

But those people stopped doing it and left the game, for some unknown reason
( possibly drama among the inside community members )

Most of these people who have left the game attribute it to the way LM treated them

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »

Most of these people who have left the game attribute it to the way LM treated them

Well that applies only to the most known streamers.  :'(

To the other posters, who interpret my statements: Please refrain for doing that in the future. If you are not certain of the meaning, then post a question. To answer your wondering: Karani was op as she was introduced, then made even stronger and now (I don't think they changed her again, since I left) she has become useless. Noble Protector was op, then made even stronger and is now (I don't think they changed him again, since I left)still able to shut down down 2 factions (dod and verore) entirely. Maybe these factions got an answer in the newest set for him, about which I don't know.
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline Terpitor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »

Well that applies only to the most known streamers.  :'(

To the other posters, who interpret my statements: Please refrain for doing that in the future. If you are not certain of the meaning, then post a question. To answer your wondering: Karani was op as she was introduced, then made even stronger and now (I don't think they changed her again, since I left) she has become useless. Noble Protector was op, then made even stronger and is now (I don't think they changed him again, since I left)still able to shut down down 2 factions (dod and verore) entirely. Maybe these factions got an answer in the newest set for him, about which I don't know.
Well if you don't know the current state of the aforementioned cards then please refrain from posting your outdated opinions on them, so other people won't wrongly interpret your "statements".

Offline Poiytr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »
Noble Protector was op, then made even stronger and is now (I don't think they changed him again, since I left)still able to shut down down 2 factions (dod and verore) entirely.
Lighting blast, death ray, blood arrow, overcharged bolt, chain lighting, verore kidnapper, firebolt, the calamity. Noble protector has 4 health, he is easy to kill.

Offline Knive8s9704

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 01:27:01 PM »
Lighting blast, death ray, blood arrow, overcharged bolt, chain lighting, verore kidnapper, firebolt, the calamity. Noble protector has 4 health, he is easy to kill.

Noble Protector was suppose to shut-down specifically Mill decks...FD never had trouble with Vevore or DoD (DoD use to suck hard). He's easy to kill NOW bc you can actually hurt him w/ dmg now haha... I don't know how the card was released with it's original functions...prevent all dmg to everyone including dmg to him self lol.

Offline Ragnoraok

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 08:58:28 PM »
Don't forget that there are other card games competing and beating IW. Hearhstone has become a run away hit and I would say is the most popular online card game, EASILY more profitable than IW. Magic is just getting into the online scene (thanks to Wizards' incompetence), but has a strong enough core playerbase to become profitable and outsell IW after a few expansions. Yu-Gi-Oh...well, that card game will ALWAYS be relevant thanks to the anime, and, in general, due to the exciting, albeit volatile, metagame.

I like IW a lot, primarily because of Lightmare's fantastic business practices (free rewards every day with little to no grinding)....probably a little too great. Off of coming from Hearthstone and before that the Magic: Duel of the Planeswalkers series, I was happy to experience a game which had so much freedom and a reasonable method in acquiring cards. However, LM gives too much imo; I have yet to drop a single penny, yet was never felt impeded by a drought in cards/boosters because of the steady influx of in-game currency and rewards - a feature that is unheard of in any other card game.

Personally, I left because I did not like the direction of certain factions (DoD, Exiles, and Overseers) following the latest expansion. Hell, currently a number of cards (Forerunner, Counting the Days, Box of Wonders, Avatars, etc.) are the topic of heated debates, with both sides almost polarized in how to handle those cards. I imagine that veterans are leaving because of this imbalance, in favor of other established, albeit just as imbalanced card games. As for the lack of newcomers....them glitches man........

Offline Ragnoraok

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »
Noble Protector was op, then made even stronger and is now (I don't think they changed him again, since I left)still able to shut down down 2 factions (dod and verore) entirely.

I agree, Noble Protector is probably the only nerf that was necessary and handled properly.