Author Topic: This game needs more media coverage.  (Read 4222 times)

Offline RetrogamingHD

• View Profile
This game needs more media coverage.
« on: August 04, 2015, 11:30:06 PM »
Website adverts, promotional codes, youtube covering, WHERE IS ALL OF IT?

No wonder the game is slowly losing pop...

Offline RetrogamingHD

• View Profile
Re: This game needs more media coverage.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:49 PM »
Website adverts, promotional codes, youtube covering, WHERE IS ALL OF IT?

No wonder the game is slowly losing pop...

Okay Adverts cost money, why not promote people to make videos about IW on youtube. Give them blisterpacks or xp boosts when they stream or upload a game. Make people invest time on this game, promote it, let famous youtubers (who do not ask money for in return) to cover it. Give people reasons to join our awesome community.

I hereby volunteer as a tribute to spend some videos on the game. On my YT channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/fredenronnygamingHD

Offline pedropars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 03:23:30 AM »
It would be great if we could get some people making videos of IW,from the top of my head one youtuber that could do a great job exposing this game is this guy :

https://www.youtube.com/user/ForceSC2strategy/featured

He posts lots of Magic duels and Hearthstone videos so most of his viewers are people interested in TCGs,having him make a few videos of IW could give a nice boost to this game´s popularity.

Offline trivialpursuit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 05:32:01 AM »
Do you know how many people used to create content for this game?? It's just gone very quiet.

Offline RetrogamingHD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 04:24:16 PM »
Do you know how many people used to create content for this game?? It's just gone very quiet.

That's the problem.

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 04:46:03 PM »
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline RetrogamingHD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 05:21:22 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/app/257730/discussions/0/540734424057717648/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/257730/discussions/0/594820656469804073/

These links might give you some additional info regarding to your idea.

They have to build up their reputation from the ground up, they have to ask smaller youtubers, then build up from there. Ask a few who has around 10-15k subscribers who are interested in this type of cardgame and ask them. Give them review accounts with everything on it for review purposes. Make it easier for them to pick up the game, review it, play it, promote it, whatever.

Ofc, totalbisc, frankie and so will probably not do this for free or at all. But there are so many people out there who want to do this type of stuff.

And still, where are promotional codes? they're kindoff free arent they?

Offline lavexis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 06:17:56 PM »
they used to have people doing big promotions for IW via youtube, streams and etc.

But those people stopped doing it and left the game, for some unknown reason
( possibly drama among the inside community members )

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 11:36:29 PM »
Trust me, player acquisition is a huge thing that we're all interested in working towards, but these things definitely take time to do.

As it stands, Teremus has been extremely ill the past month (I'm talking about an extremely serious flu virus), so that's one reason that the game has been so quiet lately. Trust me though, we all want to see Infinity Wars really take off and do well, its not a question of that.

There are promo codes for the game, and a fairly decent amount of them, I'm not sure where they went to though.

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 02:53:24 AM »
Trust me, player acquisition is a huge thing that we're all interested in working towards, but these things definitely take time to do.

As it stands, Teremus has been extremely ill the past month (I'm talking about an extremely serious flu virus), so that's one reason that the game has been so quiet lately. Trust me though, we all want to see Infinity Wars really take off and do well, its not a question of that.

There are promo codes for the game, and a fairly decent amount of them, I'm not sure where they went to though.

Last I checked, there were only 2 working promo codes. The rest have expired or don't work anymore.

M5ALM7FSDYJ467OT T9LVSVKXPPYGEPVY

Problem with advertising the game is simple, you only get one good shot at a first impression, and that's it. There are still a lot of bugs with the game, matchmaking feels unfair with the low player population, and the CPE is still pretty lousy. No one likes long queues and 5000 IP aka 3-5 hour grinds for boosters.

The other problem is money, of course.

Teremus has said previously he has tried (and is still trying) getting popular youtubers or gaming websites to help promote the game, but more often that not there's no response, probably because every other indie game developers are flooding them with requests to cover their game as well.

Long story short, the 'free' ways of getting promotion aren't working, and the game isnt at a point where the player retention rate is high enough to waste resources on advertising for players who will just end up quitting anyway.

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 11:06:17 AM »
I'll tell you, the thread starter, the same thing I told similar requests before. The problem lies not in the aquiring new players, but in keeping the players hooked on the game. In the time I played IW I met people during the online matches and many of them landed on my friendlist. But most of them quit after maybe 1 or 2 months.
The reasons are quite simple: Too many bugs, a catastrophic matchmaker (though i gues they improved that), a deck builder that has only recently become good and I guess to a big part that because of the reasons named before many of their friends left the game too.

I left because I still can't believe some of the card designs even with an infinity council qa. To name a few: Karani, Noble Protector,... and the massive amount of bugs. I honestly believe, that this game, while officially in beta, worked better than now even if it has the "gold" status.
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline Terpitor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 08:29:02 PM »
The reasons are quite simple: Too many bugs, a catastrophic matchmaker (though i gues they improved that), a deck builder that has only recently become good and I guess to a big part that because of the reasons named before many of their friends left the game too.
There are a lot of bugs and with new patches new ones pop-up while others disappear but at least they are consistent, you can learn eventually what all the card do as opposed to what they are supposed to do, and the road to learning them may be mildly fun, it may not be the optimal situation but it's not the main player retention obstacle in my opinion.

As for non card bugs, they show improvement in that department (endless turn).

I left because I still can't believe some of the card designs even with an infinity council qa. To name a few: Karani, Noble Protector,... and the massive amount of bugs. I honestly believe, that this game, while officially in beta, worked better than now even if it has the "gold" status.
Actually Karani and Noble Protector have been nerfed and in no way are they op as they used to be, or even compared to some old and new other cards.

I think the main reason why people won't stay, once actually was the selling pitch of lightmare, It's for hardcore players, maybe to hardcore, combine that with what you mentioned and the feeling of grinding and it's a especially a bad combination, people are looking for a faster game, and can't be bothered to invest so much time for one game.

Offline Heyheuhei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 10:32:07 PM »
Out of curiosity, i experienced through 1500 games 2 desync or endless turn bugs. Long time ago. Of course was some other bugs, but not much, almost all was corrected with patches. Now, i only know Blood Crazed Initiate bug. I dont like, when some experienced players whining long, very long, how this game is terrible, becouse they lost 1 game. After this newbies seeing everywhere bugs, becouse they didnt know cards, cards mechanics. its so annoying :/ Yes, there is some bugs, but if i see them 1 in 100 games, i really dont care

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 09:58:24 AM »
Actually Karani and Noble Protector have been nerfed and in no way are they op as they used to be, or even compared to some old and new other cards.
Maybe he/she's complaining about the nerfs being too extreme?

Offline Terpitor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 11:56:21 AM »
Maybe he/she's complaining about the nerfs being too extreme?
In that case it's my mistake. Yet, in that case I still disagree with The_Fallen, the Noble Protector had to be nerfed, no question about it, and it's current state is still useful without removing part of FD's weakness.
As for Karani situation it's more ambiguous, I find myself agreeing with nerfing Karani, on the other hand I think they took it a bit far.