Author Topic: Death Blast  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Number11

• View Profile
Death Blast
« on: October 06, 2016, 02:02:56 AM »
What if Death Blast would only deal damage using characters with cost 2 or higher? That way rita tokens won't fuel the card and the CoV player will need to use more characters insted of just token spamming. It won't stop all types of tokens from working with the card, but at least I would consider it an improvement to the card to encourage more character based CoV decks. What are other players thought on the card and this idea?

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Death Blast
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 09:49:23 AM »
Unmake death blast and add it to a new faction along with all other verore direct damage spells

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:00:42 PM »
Unmake death blast and add it to a new faction along with all other verore direct damage spells

The card art of the Verore cards would not fit into the other factions. Also it may be better to suggest changes to a card that are plausible to happen instead of something that we know the developer won't do.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 09:43:58 PM »
If we need to have a card like death blast at all and want to keep the mechanic similar, I would suggest that not the number of characters in your own graveyard determines the damage, but the number of characters in the opponents graveyard instead.

That also feels a little more like CoV, getting a reward out of killing your opponents characters instead of getting a reward for your own characters being killed (which is a bit more of a SoA thing anyways imho).

Offline Lautrec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 11:52:59 PM »
I think the card is fine as it is right now since it gets destroyed by grave rob. You also have to waste 1 resource per round for 2 forteress damage which isint much. For instance Mortar cannon is factionless, does 8 damage for 3 ressources and isint affected by grave rob. Considering the fact that verore is not character oriented, aleta is pretty much the only option and aleta decks are weak to removal.

I am free. Now I can get back to work... Keh heh heh heh...

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 02:00:39 PM »
If we need to have a card like death blast at all and want to keep the mechanic similar, I would suggest that not the number of characters in your own graveyard determines the damage, but the number of characters in the opponents graveyard instead.

That also feels a little more like CoV, getting a reward out of killing your opponents characters instead of getting a reward for your own characters being killed (which is a bit more of a SoA thing anyways imho).

The funny thing is that was the original proposition of deathblast and if it was so it would be a lot stronger than the current one.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 02:55:24 PM »

The funny thing is that was the original proposition of deathblast and if it was so it would be a lot stronger than the current one.

Hm, quite possible. Didnt remember that the card took the opponents grave for damage at the beginning. Would feel more CoV then though, but you are probably right.