Author Topic: The Calamity  (Read 604 times)

Offline Qwex1

• Translator
    • View Profile
The Calamity
« on: July 01, 2015, 01:00:58 AM »
It says clearly in the lore that the calamity happened in what is now the old world before there were multiple worlds, but if there only was one world before the calamity dos not that mean the calamity happened i every world ,just before they split? ???
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 01:05:58 AM by Qwex1 »

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Re: The Calamity
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:13:03 AM »
Yes, it did happen in every World, and was the catalyst which split the original Factionless world into different timelines, each timeline developing independently afterwards.

Offline Qwex1

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 12:49:55 PM »
But why does it say the old world is the original since all worlds were one before?

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 01:34:09 PM »
the world that existed before the calamity was the Old world;
Calamity: "After the Calamity not a single mortal human was left alive in the Old World.
The Calamity sundered the very reality of the world, splitting it into infinite alternated dimensions."

Then the calamity happened and created a bunch of copies, they each have a scar from the calamity, but the one on the old world was the worst.

I also remember from the old campaign they mentioned that the calamity affected the different worlds to different levels. I think it was avarrach that mentioned that almost no humans there died, and they remembered the calamity and so outlawed magic.

So maybe they were further away from the calamity in a sense, and the Old world had all mortal humans killed, that might also be why it is considered the epicentre of the calamity.