Author Topic: Adaptive Construct vs Drone  (Read 1151 times)

Offline PeliKan

• I'm a Warrior with a Pencil.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Adaptive Construct vs Drone
« on: June 26, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »
I just wonder why Adaptive Construct is better character than Drone,

At least Adaptive Construct should lose more morale ^^

How do you think ?

Offline Winsanity

• The Winsanity is overwhleming
    • View Profile
Re: Adaptive Construct vs Drone
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:03:20 AM »
I don't think it really is. The characters fit their factions well. Drone gaining life could be very useful for certain OS decks. More importantly, having an artificial OS card at all is a fairly big deal. Especially having decent 2 drop stats. You can check my decklist in the sub forum for how I personally use it. Which is like a slightly weaker infected drone.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »
he means drone not adaptive drone win :P.

PeliKan its basically because drone is kinda bad so in the same way we might print a card that is better than soldier of fortune becasue it sees zero play we might print something that is better than drone.

I realise drone is not actually unplayable because it has artificial subtype but the same idea applies. Also its not even like people take out drones for construct, they just play both in their deck.

Offline Thechynd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »
PeliKan's referring to Drone, the vanilla 6/6 for 2 that GI got in Order. Adaptive Construct is just plain better, even having an identical morale cost. Does seem like it would have made sense to give it a higher morale cost or slightly lower its base stats while improving the benefit of overcharge (for example instead of a 6/6 that gets +2/+2 make it a 6/5 that gets +3/+3).

Ninja'd. Do people still use Drone? I saw them before but now GI mostly seems to just go with construct and the infected drone for its 2drops.

Offline Winsanity

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »
Oh hey I'm an idiot :P

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 12:39:56 PM »
Oh hey I'm an idiot :P
You realised?

Yeah, I feel that +1 or +2 Morale Cost is necessary to define a difference between these 2 cards. It doesn't have to be too much due to the fact that its Overcharge isn't that great.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »
Aren't the Overseers defined as having more Morale for the average character? Whereas the Genesis characters have more stats for less Morale cost?

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Winsanity

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 07:19:42 PM »
Aren't the Overseers defined as having more Morale for the average character? Whereas the Genesis characters have more stats for less Morale cost?
Try telling that to Splitter Bot. Biggest morale hog GI has to offer (rightfully so)